actually tracking with tracking number

McKee

i'm trying not to count my chickens here due and that's because I do know very well how many things can go wrong. however, not so long ago I have placed my first order with an IOP and I have some concerns. well, I have not been really able to use the tracking number until this morning, however from this morning, when I have looked at it this morning there was all sorts and types of activity.

on the 12th it has been sent through the royal mail and then later, a few hours later, it has been said ' acceptance USPS United Kingdom' and after that it has made a couple of more stops in the UK (I am thinking, not sure).
then the next day on 13th it has been saying 'on its way to Chicago USA - Royal Mail'

then it has made one more stop through the royal mail and after that it said 'processed through the facility USPS' Langley UK. and now, the last thing that I can see is on 13th at 2:42 AM 'origin post preparing for shipment USPS'. I am kind of a bit worried. does anybody here know whether is this where it would get stuck in customs or there's still something else until customs? the thing is that I have not really ever ordered anything internationally, as I said, this if the first time, that is why the tracking timeline it is all new for me so I am not sure… I am just keeping my finger crossed that everything is going to be fine but since this is new to me… I have worries… and yeah, I apologize as I do know that this is not exactly exciting for everybody, however, as I said, this is my first international order and all, so it is kinda for me. I would appreciate any help in this regard.

Bedeencion1980

hey there, I wouldn’t be worried about it getting 'stuck' anywhere so far. so just keep on doing whatever you have to do with no worries because your package appears to be moving along just as it should be moving.

one very important thing about the tracking, especially when you are new to all of this is that you need to try not to over think it all… the tracking etc. that's because it is only causing much more stress that it should, it is definitely not worth it. either you are gonna be stressed out your package would still show up if it has to and it will not show up if it doesn't have to. if you are gonna be worried and stressed you are not going to help the package come. and even if it won't show up and you're gonna end up with a letter, you should not take every letter literal. everything is gonna be alright, I tell you. I do know it is hard to do so since this is the first time, you are waiting for it and especially it is hard to stay calm on your first letter, I have been there, many of us did, I know the feeling you have on the first letter, but it is not worth it! something what I can tell you to keep you a bit calm is that you have ordered from UK but the mails from the UK to US are not being really heavily inspected which means that since you wait for something that comes from UK you have bigger chances to get it and that's why, having that said, it should just move on normally, no worries.

plus to that, if your vendor is having a solid reputation of delivering their products that you have ordered then trust me, you are most likely fine because odds are surely in your favor and that you are going to be all fine. with a reputable vendor that sends from UK, there are very few chances that you would end up with a letter instead of your package but then again, even if so and you end up with a letter instead of package then you still shouldn't panic. just show the letter to your vendor and depending on what was your agreement with your vendor, he might resend (if the agreement was that in case of seize, he's gonna resend it to you).

but I still think that you will get it. just give it a couple of more days and it is most likely would show up at your door or close by. most likely, everything is gonna be fine!

McKee

hi Bedeencion1980 and thank you a lot for your really calming answer and generally for your positive attitude. I guess that this is what I really needed. thank you a lot. and to be honest, now, after I've got your answer, I really feel much better.

it is just that I pretty much don't know nearly anything on that timeline and what it all means (umm…, well, of course some of it is obvious, but the rest I have no idea). so I want to ask you some obvious questions that I can't seem to find the answers online. what I want to ask is… will it show up on the tracking site as soon as it has gone through the customs?! and also, you kinda already answered this question, but I still want you to answer it again, if possible: from your experience, does it seems like that it is going to come soon? what do you think? does it have more chances that it may come? I did tried to read online information on this so I do know very well that there are all sorts of things that are capable to slow it down, however I am just being curious about your perspective and of course, your opinion based on all your experience.

either you decide to answer my questions or not I still want to say a big thank you for your first post once again since it was really helpful to deal a bit with the panic.

Bedeencion1980

hey there, look. if it is EMS then you should have it a day or 2 (well, I guess maximum 3, depending where you exactly live) after it is going to clear SFO customs and answering your first question: yes, the tracking will show that. at least in most cases it does.

just in case it is being registered, it may take a little bit longer and that's simply because it is a registered mail and registered mail is not moving very fast at all, and the time that you would get it after it clears the customs may vary. it is just regular first class mail and it moves that way.

if you would still want to ask at least the approximate time then I've got to tell you: it is really hard to say when your package is going to be delivered or even guess this. as I said, it may vary and it may vary very much. each package it is taking its own journey at its own speed. usually, customs it is the place where it is going to stay the longest period of time. but again, USUALLY, not always. this is not a rule or anything though that it is gonna stay there for a long period of time and that's because there are some packages that are transiting through customs at a very big speed (not sure the reasons though). in my experience I can tell you that there were a few packages that cleared the customs at incredibly high speed. however, also from experience ,there were others that stayed there for so long that I asked for a reshipment since I thought that I will never get them and then I've got both of them…

in regards of the EMS (I just tell you about both of them because I am not sure whichever you have used, plus to that I think that maybe someone else who has similar questions might read this and find this helpful), the EMS is taking approximately one week or so… give or take a few days. but the registered can take anywhere from about 4 or 5 days up to like 3 or 4 weeks. but again, with exceptions as I had some that cleared customs in less than 3 days and others that stayed there for more than 5 weeks. but this very rarely happens. usually, for the registered, it takes between 5 days and 4 weeks. so you can be less stressed out and constantly checking the site (I know people usually do it), I would recommend you to set the tracking to notify you via text or email when there is an update and so, if there would be one, you're gonna know it. hence, no need to check it every few hours like crazy. I tell you, it is working quite well, at least most of the time. I have mine set at text and so I know it all. the tracking usually is not being updated more than about once a day or so, unless the customs is kicking it out quickly. also I must tell you that on the day when it is due to the delivered then you can expect to get more notifications too (at least that's for me) because in that day it moves from one place to another more, like it moves from the regional hub to the local ones, it is getting sorted and after that it is out for delivery. whatever the case, I still doubt that those notifications would bother you. so this might help you to reduce the anxiety too…

I just say this because, as I already stated, I do perfectly know that first orders can be full of anxiety… this unknown factor of when will it arrive and generally will it arrive or not? but as I have said it earlier in my previous post, if your vendor is reputable good then you really do not have very much to be worried about and yes, I do think that you have more chances to get it. I'm thinking that maybe you've gotta step away from the tracking for at least a few days? this way you might reduce the anxiety? you're not gonna do anything good by watching it. as I said, it is not going to move any faster by constantly watching it and again as I said, if there is something that is going to happen to your package then tracking surely is not going to stop that from happening. but, by watching it, you do make more anxiety. this means that I one do believe that watching it is causing more anxiety (because it is not being updated very frequently) and does nothing good… there's just the fact that you must fight with the temptation…. but yeah… I do know that there are other people who are thinking differently.

McKee

Bedeencion1980, thank you once again A LOT for your very helpful post and for all that information. I appreciate it extremely much and I do believe every single of your word so I'm going to take absolutely every single piece of your advice that you shared with me (which I am very thankful for ), such as tracking on my phone and at least to 'try' to stay away from the tracking site… you are right, it is the fact that I must fight off the temptation. but yeah.. the classic 'watched pot is never boiling' is typically spot on. once again, thanks a lot for your very informative post !

ScorIO

well, look, in regards of the 'origin post it is preparing shipment'. generally, this is the last scan before it is going to hit the US. The next scan it should be the USPS International sort Center which it is immediately before it clears customs. so there are chances that your package is currently in customs. but as it has been mentioned above, there isn't very much that you should be worried about. I wish you good luck

McKee

hey there, thank you very much for response, it is really helpful. also thank you for your good wishes. it sounds to me like it could still be a little of wait then, isn't it? I know this might seem too much but… do you happen to somehow know a rough time estimation of how long it is taking to be delivered as soon as it is gotten through the customs? i would appreciate as much as I already appreciate your post.

McKee

so well.. now, after I have read through A LOT of shipping forums (that's all I've been doing for the last few hours) I have found one that they have been suggesting called packagemapping dot com and so I have been able to track it there and to be honest, this site really does seem to have more updated and more specific information. (please, if that's possible, take a look at it yourself and tell me what do you think about this site). anyway, here is what it says now.

your package has been processed through the ISC Chicago USPS at 5: 23 on this morning.

well… I have continued to do my research and I have looked around all over those forums as well as on the entire internet and I have found conflicting answers in regards to this, however, most of them are saying that this is where it can get stuck for however long in there… so I am not very sure if that's true or not and I thought that maybe some of you knows? I mean, I've seen some answers saying that it is true while other were saying that it is not. I'm a bit not sure what to believe.

if so, then the wording is deceiving IMO and most importantly past tense. I mean, they wrote 'has been processed' which means that it is not anymore and that is why they should say that it is being processed… but that's just my opinion.

I am going to try to abstain myself so that's the last thing that I am going to say about this delivery now, however, in case there is someone who knows for sure what this means then please… could you explain it to me?? I would really love to know it as well. thanks a lot for everything.

Bedeencion1980

so look, ISC stands for the International Service Center. so what they do there it is to collect mail from all of the airplanes and to sort it for customs to get inspected. plus, it is obviously is working in reverse of that as well as we are also having outbound customs here too and then ISC is sorting mail to the airplanes accordingly. either way, yes, it is true, your package is in customs, most likely. this is why you've seen many people saying that this is where your package can stay for however long. when people are saying this would be where you would see a problem, they are half way correct. we have seen that very well when there's a package that it is getting seized then the last tracking scan it is usually the ISC since it stays there to be inspected. however, as with everything else in the shipping you should know that there isn't any rules or anything, nothing is carved in stone so we just have to speculate.

also I must say that you still have not mentioned either your package it is EMS or it is registered (and no, you do not have to, it is at your own discreet), however if it is EMS then you would surely see the customs scans HOWEVER, it also may not show until it is going to clear the customs and then you are just going to see the in to and out of customs scans at the same time. after that the next scan is going to be at a post office which would be near SFO and it is also going to show a zip code too. as soon as you see this you should know that this means that your package has been accepted in to the domestic mail system and it is going to travel as domestic mail of that class. the EMS, as I have said in my previous post, is going to continue to scan and it is going to arrive to you in about 2 days or so from the date that it is going to clear the customs. that's because it is moving as express mail. however, if your package it is being registered then it obvious moves a bit slower so it can take up to like 2 weeks or so to get to you, but usually it comes within 10 days until it's at your door. but there is absolutely no rhyme and no reason to that too.. it all depends on how those people are moving there. I have had a package that cleared to Brooklyn and it has arrived to me in 5 days or so. the thing is that I can walk to Brooklyn in just a couple of hours. normally it should come to me the same day (a few minutes driving) or in the worst case the next morning (assuming it's not a working day). but for the EMS, there are sometimes when I can get it the exact same day that it is clearing the customs but this rarely happens, usually I am getting it, as I said, the next day morning. but anyway, this very much depends on how far away you are from customs as well as it depends on a lot of other things. that is why we cannot even guess. the time frame in which you can expect your package is just too big to speculate.

whatever the case, I am nearly fully sure that your package it is fine! no worries.
and yeah, by the way, in regards to that site, I just wanted to tell you that those other sites are just getting the information from the origin and destination sites. they are just querying the 2 sites and after that they are just showing everything that they are getting. and yeah, I do know that there are sometimes when it can show a little bit more than the other 2 sites, however this is mostly only because this information is being hidden on those sites… like for example, for some random and unknown by me reason, the USPS is hiding some information… however those other 3rd party sites like that one can somehow 'dig' that information (I'm clueless how, I guess they pay for it) and then they are showing it for you. that's nearly all.

whatever the case, I still think that you must remember what I have mentioned earlier in my post, you should not take the tracking too literal and you've got to try NOT to obsess over it. you're gonna end up being anxious… and the updates aren't always there… you know that there's someone who writes this online, so if that someone forgets to write it - no updates for you. plus to that, your package most likely is not going to update once again until it is going to clear customs and that can take as little as just a few hours to as much as a few weeks so there's no reason for you to stay and sweat out waiting for the update. I tell you that using an IOP it is surely not for the faint at heart, however you are going to get used to it if you are going to go again this route and more often. in the end of it you are going to see that it is really not as bad as it might seem it to be. it just depends very much on what is your attitude towards this.

and oh yeah… one last thing here that I forgot to mention but I think it is very important to be told to a newbie like you who is getting anxious… you need to remember and to keep in mind (it would help you calm down) that there are literally tons of packages that are entering the US from all around the world and they just can't look in all of them. and just remember that those packages are containing all sorts of things in them… and plus to that, customs also is seizing all sorts and types of things, not only medicine alone. there's a lot which shouldn't enter the customs and they get it. you've got to keep the entire process in perspective. I remember that once I have found posted the amount of packages that are being transited through JFK POE in just a year period of time… unfortunately I forgot where that post is now and I can't give you an certain answer and that's why I am not going to try to guess here, what I do remember is that it is pretty damn incredible the amount it goes yearly… I must find the exact number because it is going to give a completely different perspective of the entire process.. It is going to change your views on this thing and on the shipping and tracking discussion as whole. I know this because I have felt it myself. so taking all of this in consideration I am sure that your package is gonna appear. I'm pretty sure that in a few more days you're gonna come with an update saying that your package cleared customs.

McKee

Bedeencion1980, once again and as usual I want to say very much and very big thank you for taking your time to type all of that out only for me. I imagine that writing such a big post must take you quite a while and I imagine your fingers must be in pain from that :D so thanks, thanks a lot. that's a really good information, useful for me and my anxiety as I am now done obsessing and bitching about it. you've really helped me, my body, my brain and my central nervous system :)
I gotta say that I do know for sure that it has not been EMS. it is saying just 'standard tracked airmail'.

but then again, thanks, I am going to make sure that I would come back here with an update and let you (and everbody else who are interested) know the end result and whether have I got that package or not. but thanks to you posts I am pretty confident that I will.

McKee

Bedeencion1980, hi again and I want to say that I'm sorry  if I already bothered you but today I got an update and I'm pretty excited (as I said, my first time.. you know) and I wanted to share it with you. whatever the case, here is what the update said: departed USPS facility, your item is being departed our USPS facility in Chicago. your package is currently in transit to the destination. I mean, this really does sounds like it is a good thing (simply the fact that it updated) but I still wanted to ask you: is that a good thing? :D again, I'm sorry if I bothered you but I'm just so excited. lol

I wish you to have a good day my friend.

Bedeencion1980

yes, that is a good thing. also, there is no need for you to say sorry, if I wouldn't want - I simply wouldn't respond. but I want to help as I know how important it might be for a newbie.

anyway, I also must add that if there was a zip code attached to that scan then this means that your item has cleared the customs which means that you will receive your item (chances that you still might not receive your item after it cleared customs are extremely close to 0). and now, pretty much depending on the distance between you and Chicago (Chicago's shipping department), your must get your item within the next few days.

however, if there is not a zip code attached to it then your stuff is still in the customs and the tracking simply got updated. but even so, remember, everything's still ok. good luck, you're gonna get it.

McKee

Bedeencion1980, yes, I did got a zip code, a 5 numbers zip code, but it is Chicago's zip code and it is not mine. but I do know for sure that it is a new message than yesterday and from as much as it looks like to me, it is or it has left the Chicago and in case it has not, then I am going to say that once more time 'those words are deceiving'  and what I try to say in the end is that in case it is still being there then it kind of making them look like some liars out there… and that makes me… worried… and it's not like they really care about being some liar faces but whatever…

I really appreciate you so much. thank you, you have been so so helpful and supportive, I just don't have enough words to describe how thankful I am.

Bedeencion1980

well, you've gotta know that most likely it did has left Chicago in case the tracking is saying that it has left it. once again, you've got to try, as I have already said it, not to pick the tracking apart letter by letter and you're gonna be better, trust me.

bottom line, your package is in the domestic system after all (which means that it has cleared the customs) and it is on its way to you. don't you worry as everything is just fine. so far it has progressed perfectly fine and is in fact, a little bit faster than normal for the registered mail. it just couldn't get any better, don’t worry, everything's fine.

McKee

Bedeencion, thanks again… I do know very well… I am just a panicker… I just can't help myself… but as I said, I guess that's mostly because it is my first order I don't know… but in fact, if thinking about it for a bit more, it is also probably because of my picker personality either… whatever the case, thank you once again for everything, I appreciate it very and very much. wishing all the best to you.