alcohol and zithromax

UseyIII

Hey there everybody. I have been diagnosed with chlamydia by my doctor not so long ago and so I have been given 2 tablets of the medicine called Zithromax by him. And I have got the directions to take them with a meal. He then have mentioned that I should wait about a week in order to have any sexual relations at all. but, the thing is that he did not mentioned anything at all about drinking alcohol and so that day that when I have taken Zithromax I drank one beer and to be honest I really do not think that it would have much of an effect, however, the thing is that exactly one week after taking Zithromax, at night, I am truly planning to drink a lot alcohol. What I wanted to find out and to ask you… do you think that the beer could lessen the effects of the antibiotic? Also, do you think that drinking a lot after one week of taking the antibiotic – would it be normal? I mean, wouldn’t the drug be out of my system after a week? I am not very sure whether that is going to prevent the drug from working or not. any help regarding this is going to be deeply appreciated. Thank you very much for any information. thank you very much in advance.

Staub

Oh…. I really do not think that it is a right combination of ingredients in your body. is alcohol so important? better avoid alcohol, better for you!

tameeka

Well look, Zithromax and alcohol is in general not a very good idea at all and so it could have some risks that I am sure you won’t want to have. the reason for what I have said is that Zithromax is being metabolized in the liver exactly as the alcohol is. better avoid as much as you can. in addition to that, I would recommend you not to take Maalox or any other magnesium based products / antacids in the time you are using Zithromax. Hope this is going to be a bit helpful.

LeHestake

Very well… humans are truly going beyond any given normal border in order to achieve some relief for their pains and pretty often, unfortunately, this means that they are doing drugs and consuming alcohol and liquor with it. I would definitely not recommend that. the relief, unfortunately, is only very short lived and when the physical pain is relieved then the emotional pain can be, and usually is, taxing. Trying to cope with any kind of given chronic pain by taking illicit drug as well as drinking alcohol with it, is a definitely losing battle. Yeah, it is going to fix your problem for a short period of time, however you are going to damage some several other areas lifetime and this is going to lead to problems much worse that you have. also, this is in addition to the deleterious effects of the alcohol and drugs such as for example heroin and cocaine on your health, on your brain as well as on the heart. There are some medical evidence showing that those are interfering with the pain medications as well as they are complicating things with your physician which is not a “positive” thing for you. you’ve got to keep in your mind that you have signed in a pain agreement, a contract, and it is stating that you are not going to use any illicit substances or alcohol and in case you do – you lose any chance of being given the drugs.

Plus, those negative effects of addiction are long lasting, in case the patient  over lives that at all… addiction is being defined as a pathological, almost obsessive compulsive disorder, where you do know those substances are constantly causing harm to you, they are continuously damaging you, but you continue to use them despite the presence of the adequate pain relief and analgesia. But, addiction it is not as common as we may think that it actually is. to use some more medications it does not automatically mean that the patient is being addicted, increased usage of the pain medication due to the fact that the patient has now increased physical activity, or there’s recurrence of the disease that it is causing worsening of the pain, may justify the increasing pain medications.

In order to deal with the pain you have, street drugs are, in fact, never a good idea at all. the patient, sooner or later, is going to develop tolerance to it, and he/she is going to need more and more of those drugs in order to achieve the exact same effect of relief that they initially started to have with a lower dose. And so you are going to find yourself purchasing more and more. this is why, best would be not to start at all with them.

There has been some significant debate about the medicinal use for the marijuana for pain relief and in chronic illness, such as for example cancer and with chemotherapy. The controversy that is ongoing. For now it is not legal to use it.

Very well, here are some of the negative effects of the drugs and alcohol, and this besides the fact that you’re going to have health problems and financial collapse, confusion, fatigue, loss of interest in the usual hobbies as well as in people, growing memory issues, emotional flatness, interference with the sleep (sometimes leading to extremely aggressive insomnia), as well as increasing irritability and anger. Plus, you’ve got to keep in your mind that homicide, suicide as well as auto accidents are getting significantly higher as well.

So well, how you can resolve drug and /or alcohol abuse:

1. In case you are suspecting any drug or alcohol abuse then you need to get as soon as it is possible because the sooner the better for you. you really need to consult your physician or a psychologist about it, AA, or the county for further help. you really need to get help in such situations.

2. you’ve got to avoid as much as you can the encouraging of use of medications for pain relief or for other effects such as for example sleep, sedation, or even relaxation. Your body needs get used to deal with issues by itself.

3. detoxification it is an integral part of the treatment. is essential. Is something that you need to go through and the sooner the better because the sooner – the easier it is going to be. that’s why, any trance of addiction and you need to go to a doctor or whoever else can help you right away.

4. you’ve got to avoid the use of the prn medications as well as the use of medications that are long acting. Sometimes this can be done – it is allowed, however it can be done exclusively only with the consultation of your physician! Never try to do it by yourself.

5. you really need to learn coping skills and relaxation techniques! Some natural methods that can help you get through that harsh time.

6. you’ve got to learn to invest your time in some constructive things rather than some destructive habits out there.

7. you need to improve your spirituality as well as to fill in the blanks in your personality and entire life.

So well, the points that I have wrote above are greatly going to help you in case you’re going to go through those “harsh” moments. I really hope that somebody is going to find this helpful!

Scioneir

It is truly a very good idea to never mix antibiotics with alcohol, that’s an incredibly bad idea. You could get a number of some side effects some of like: vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, increased heart rate and many others. In the time that you are taking antibiotics you really need to use them for the entire course that it is being prescribed with absolutely no alcohol intake or to mix with any other drugs because if you do then they are not going to work and so your condition would remain the same or aggravate plus side effects.

Those antibiotics are killing the bad bacteria that it is causing the infection, however they are also killing that good bacteria that it is helping your immune system fight. As much as you can imagine, to drink when your immune system is down it is definitely not a very good idea for you. hope this helps. good luck

Triaca

I find it very surprising and amazing how many times I have seen this question asked on different forums and how many times. I really have no idea how anybody could think that this might be a good idea to do so or at least that it won’t have any effects at all. alcohol always had effects on the body, how can it does not have now?? all of you have to keep this in mind: alk with booze is a very bad idea.

Thadestal63

In case you drink that that point that you are dehydrated and you have already thinned out your blood then yeah, it is counter productive weakening yourself very much. maybe 1 or 2 drinks, dizzy and headache maybe. Or nothing unusual. I have done it in the past and I have only got a quicker headache than I am usually getting. I really wished that I didn’t, no real damage done whatsoever. I have been already feeling better, however had not finished the cycle yet. It is obvious, in case you are overly sensitive to alcohol or to azithromycin then it could lead to some more problems than I have had only headache.

Dound

I really can’t get these type of persons like you. why would you want to mix alcohol with any type of pills??? there are a lot of stories online of people dying because they are mixing alcohol with pills. there’s a friend of mine who has died because he has been on pills and he drank alcohol thinking that nothing would happen. As you can see, unfortunately, it did happened. Please, don’t drink while you take any pills. you never know what kind of reaction they might have. is that alcohol so important?

Pantoja

Very well, all you have to do is to read the paper working that it is coming with the pills that you are taking. In case it does say that you should not mix it with the booze then don’t mix it and that’s it. why would you do something contrary to what’s written in there? indeed there are some medication that can be mixed with alcohol and having little to no effect at all, however you’ve got to keep in mind that the warnings on the packages or by the pharmacist are there for a reason.

Harry66

So well, there is a post on the dr pullen website, and I hope that it is fine.

can I take Zithromax and alcohol together?” this is one of the most common questions that I am getting asked, whether it is fine to drink alcohol while you are on antibiotics. Honestly, I am not very sure as to why there are so any people who are really that concerned about whether it is fine to drink alcohol in the time of using most antibiotics, however there is a persistent concern among the general public that this is a very big issue. The short answer it is that the risks of drinking alcohol while you are on Zithromax, as well as with most of other antibiotics too, is pretty minimal. With Zithromax, the primary and biggest concern it is that like other macrolide antibiotics Zithromax is able to cause upset stomach, vomiting as well as dizziness too. the exact same issues are common effects of alcohol as well, and so the additive effects of using the combination of the Zithromax as well as alcohol may be increased. There is a little major concern. The effectiveness of the antibiotic is not being diminished, there are no major consequences of the combination in the most patients and as an overall, the combination of Zithromax with the alcohol is most often not a big concern at al. definitely, you should not drink a lot of alcohol like for example to get really very drunk or something in the time that you are taking Zithromax and that’s because it is better to get the rest and to take a good care of yourself in order to give your body those things that it really needs to get well. I mean, since you already take antibiotics then you must have a medical condition, this means that you need rest, take care of yourself, something that would help your body recover, not killing it even more. overall, the chicken noodle soup is most likely a better thing to take with your Zithromax than alcohol, I’m pretty sure about that, however you are most likely going to get well either way, whatever you do.

Davis

I am having no experience here with Zithromax and alcohol mixture, however, after having a recent very nasty bout with a GI infection I have been put on Cipro and Flaygl. I have been warned by the pharmacist not to get even near to the alcohol. The reason has been very severe nausea and vomiting. Very well I have had only half of a beer and approximately 15 minutes or so later, I have been looking for a bucket. Very well, it was that bad. I guess that it also needs to be noted that I have been on a very high dose of the drugs too. this is pretty important to mention, isn’t it?

Julieta

Oh well, it does seem to me as though alcohol is being used to potentiate the effects of some other drugs, among the recreational users of course. I am very sorry to hear that your friend has been one of those people…. I imagine that it is hard to lose somebody you love. However I think that there are other people who are completely aware of mixing the 2 and they are unfortunately are not always forewarned…. I am not sure whether your friend was warned or not, but I am sure that all people should be, because it is indeed dangerous.

Boxall

In fact, azithromycin (Zithromax) it is only a very light antibiotic and for most of the people out there should be absolutely no problem to mix it with alcohol. Exactly as it has been said by the user above posting that the doctor said. however, in case you are having any liver or kidney issues then you should really never mix anything with alcohol at all. not even the lightest drugs. I am sure that the doctor has been talking about the healthy people. my doctor also told me the same. I am a healthy person and I have done it before and I have been assured by my doctor that I would have no problems at all. that’s true no problems occurred whatsoever. Indeed there are drugs that really should not be mixed with alcohol otherwise fatal outcome might occur, however Zithromax it is not one of them, be sure about that.

lumbagio42

It is the flagyl (metronidazole) that it is making you sicker than a dog from one drink, in fact. I am not very sure about the entire process that it is making it being so, however it could have something to do with the fact that Flagyl is going beyond simply antimicrobial, it is also killing off any parasitic GI infections which means that it is kind of a more potent or whatever, which means it is more dangerous,I think.

MilyCC

lumbagio42 said:
</p><p>It is the flagyl (metronidazole) that it is making you sicker than a dog from one drink, in fact. I am not very sure about the entire process that it is making it being so, however it could have something to do with the fact that Flagyl is going beyond simply antimicrobial, it is also killing off any parasitic GI infections which means that it is kind of a more potent or whatever, which means it is more dangerous,I think.</p><p>
</p><p> </p><p>FYI, some of those active ingredients that are found in antibiotics, particularly Flagyl, are found in the drug antabuse. But you’ve got to know that antabuse is a medication which has been given to chronic alcoholics in order to prevent them from drinking anymore. in case they drank in the time they have been using this ingredient antabuse then they would become violently ill and nauseated, thereby I would really not recommend you to mix certain abx’s with alcohol at all or you would end up feeling very bad, hence the severe GI upset. It is being ironic due to the fact that Flagyl is very often given for upset stomachs and especially in the places like Mexico to the tourists with symptoms like that. and most of the tourists in, for example Cancun, are drinking during their vacation (generally, almost all tourists all over the world, are drinking alcohol during vacation) and so often they do not realize how important it is in fact to avoid alcohol with some certain ingredients that are found in their drugs. It seems to me like it is a vicious circle overall. You’ve also need to keep in mind how sensitive it is your skin to the sun in the time you are using abx. Really, most people do not know but you could end up with a mighty intense sun burn in case you are taking abx and you are going out in the sun and that’s even if you are having a sunscreen on you, that’s still a bad idea.</p>

looley

I’ve also been trying to understand for a long time whether would it be fine to drink alcohol while you are taking any kind of antibiotics. You know what’s the funny thing? it seems that nobody can answer this seemingly simple question. Why? You have no idea how different the answers were regarding this, and the answers have been given by doctors as well as people who has used them. still the answers were amazingly different. Some say that no antibiotics has absolutely no effects regardless of how much you drink. Others say that antibiotics does have effects if you drink but only if you drink a lot of alcohol. Other people say that only specific antibiotics are having negative effects while mixed with alcohol. They say that a bit of alcohol is enough for those antibiotics to either not work or cause you harm. While they said that other kind of antibiotics does not have any effects at all when mixed with antibiotics. There are also people saying that regardless of the antibiotic and regardless of how much you drink – you would have negative effects. or there are people saying that alcohol with antibiotics does harm to you while others say that it only negates the antibiotic effects. who do I believe? :D