Alopecia and women

Michelle7878

Unfortunately I have the alopecia areata, I have found it some time ago and I feel very sad and depressed. I have talked with my doctor about this he told me all the information about it and he told me about some treatments that I can try. I have searched some information about these treatments and I know that some of them are really dangerous and painful. I would like to ask if some of you know other methods and if there are some of you that have tried to use a shampoo to stop hair loss or encourage hair growth. Thank you!

IsabelIsabel2

Oh, you’re right the treatments that you talk about are really painful, I don’t know about the possible adverse reaction or bad influence that it can cause you but it’s dangerous enough.

I have tried some of shampoo for hair growth but they didn’t work for me. The drugs that I have used seemed to help for a short period and then I have lost a big part of my hair. Now my hair is long enough and I feel better than some years about, but it became thinner and there is always the possibility that it could return to me again.

I don’t know what to recommend you from drugs, because all the drugs that I have tried didn’t helped me as we expect it to do. Anyway, there are a lot of shampoos that you can try, I don’t think that it will create something worst than your actual condition, but I would like you to be realist and to understand that 90% of the time it doesn’t help.

The only sure advice that I can offer you is to use extensions and to experiment with wigs, hair colors as long as you have your hair in the best condition. The periods of good and bad will come and go, so just enjoy the best period and try to do your best during the wick periods. I know it sounds very pessimistic, but I just share my opinion and my experience, I haven’t found the medicine for my hair. I’ll be very happy if you’ll find one, and I’ll be very glad if you’ll share it with me.

Monique

I totally agree. I don’t think you should spend money for shampoos. My friend it and she is good enough to experiment and to become flexible according to the hair situation. Sometimes her hair looks really good, as she never had this problem, and after some time it starts to fallen and it looks horrible. She found a professional hair master that taught her some tricks how to hide the unpleasant areas and how to use accessories for this, that’s why even when she has bad hair times she always looks as good as before it. I think you should try it too.

At the beginning she tried to search for same remedies but a person that had the same thing just explained her that she is wasting time. Now she got used with this and she considers that this is the thing that makes her special and different. She never tried shampoos, oils and so on, and she didn’t tried medicines and treatments from the same reason: “too dangerous” “too expensive” “ineffective” “very painful”. I would like to believe that someday she will find the right medicine, but for now she is good like this. Don’t feel depressed, you’re not alone. There are so many people that have the same thing; you have to be strong and to look at this as at something special. I know is difficult, but you have to try!