awful sensations when using flexeril

Hello people. I would need a bit of your help in telling me whether what I am experiencing is normal to experience or not? I have found out that this drug is among one of the most useless and not only useless but also with awful side effects medication that I have ever taken in my life. I am talking about the flexeril (cyclobenzaprine). What I am trying to say is that it is not only the fact that I have not got any relief from those back spasms that are constantly and continuing plaguing me, but I have also had the most god awful body sensation that I have ever felt in my life for approximately 3 to 4 hours or so. I mean, of course I did felt bad in the past, of course I’ve been having some bad symptoms etc. however nothing like this because there’s a total inability to get comfortable in any position at all, I was feeling like there is something constantly and continuously tugging my skin from the inside. Like I was having something inside of mine that has been causing all this discomfort which has been really bad. Then later, in order to make a summary of what awful feelings I’ve got – I have had the most heaviest (although it definitely was not a restful) sleep that I have ever had and then I have woken up like I drank a gallon of some whiskey all by myself alone. I really have to say that this has been one of the most odd and strangest experiences and feeling that I have ever had in my life with any pharmaceutical medicine. That’s extremely strange, I’ve never had anything similar although I do know what’s a bad experience with drugs. So why I am here. I really want to know whether is here who has ever had something similar with flexeril or I am alone like this? I really don’t think that this is normal and sure thing it should not have worked like that. I really don’t like this drug at all!

TimeTim

Hi there. I have to start off by saying that I have been a medic back in the time I have been in the army so we have been having access to all of the flexeril that we wanted to. by saying this I am trying to say that we we’re using it whenever we wanted it and so we did used it. I’ve got to say that we were carrying it in our medical kits however even so, we were very rarely prescribing it anybody due to the fact that the only place that we could do this has been only in the field and so no one ever has been presented with some back spasms. So well, that’s why I have been used to take this medicine in order to cure my insomnia and exactly the same has been doing a lot of other medics as well (because insomnia was something common for medics). What I am trying to say is that I did have used it a lot since I could use a lot of it as well as there were a lot of other people who were using it either and the thing is that absolutely nobody has ever described any kind of sensations like the ones that you have described above so I find to be pretty strange. This is why I am thinking that it is either one of the three: you either have not taken flexeril and you’ve mistaken something, you either have taken an expired flexeril and I have no idea what an expired flexeril would work or the last one is that you thought that you have taken flexeril but in fact you have taken god knows what. I mean, either a counterfeit or fake flexeril that they put in there god knows what. the thing is that I do know a lot of people who took flexeril and indeed a lot of them had side effects, but nobody described nothing similar to that. indeed, this is a very potent sleep aid and I know it very well. or I think that the last thing of what could be is that I haven’t understood what you’re trying to say, that’s because there is a friend of mine who has hurt his back (by the way, a friend of mine from the army, also a medic) and the doctor has prescribed him to take flexeril for his pains and so he has started to become a walking zombie in the time he has been taking this medicine and soon enough he was looking like one. maybe this is what you’re talking about? I only hope that you’re going to be right and that you would find what you need.

Hancock

Well, even though I am surely liking more the carisoprodol for the spasms I have, I did have tried the flexeril on a couple of occasions as well. it seems that approximately 3 out of 4 times that I am using this thing, it is simply putting me to sleep and that’s it, however one of those remained times I am feeling very and very restless. Of course I can’t be sure if this is what you are describing up there but I can guess that this is what you really mean, that you have some extreme restlessness, isn’t it? if talking about specifically my case then I think that it could have been a result of the antihistamine that I have taken with it, however I am not sure if that’s true or not. maybe they did not had anything to do with each other and that’s just how I reacted, or maybe they did interacted. Can’t be sure. By accident, haven’t you taken it with an antihistamine either?

Suffes

Hello there, I have also been prescribed flexeril when I have been having the back spasms too. I remember that this drug did not really helped me very much (in fact, not sure if it helped me at all) regarding for the spasms and for the pains, however it did made a really good job on putting me to sleep like a freaking rock so I guess that this is also nice since I am not feeling anything while I sleep. However it is not a good thing if you want to function without feeling sleepy and without feeling pains. It is more of a night drug that you should take before going to bed. In fact, I know that I still got approximately half a bottle or so of these things laying somewhere around. However, I am only using them from time to time when I am not able to sleep and only in case I do know that I am not having anything important to do the next day, especially in the morning because it is giving me a kind of hangover that is also making me unable to function. These things are really whipping me completely out… so…

frompleat

Hi there guys. just wanted to chime in saying that I have given the baclofen a little bit of nudge (I was taking 25 to about 50 mg per day). so well, the very first thing that I have noticed as an effect from it is that those slight shakes that I have been getting from the Zoloft has disappeared and I do believe that my shakes were completely removed as I could have practiced brain surgery on a flea… that’s how steady my hands were. Pretty good. but here’s a word of wise to you guys, you should not mix by any circumstances baclofen with alcohol, I do know that this sounds to be pretty obvious and that everybody should know this already, however it is important for me to mention this once again as even the very little of a booze can leave me extremely sick the next morning in the time I am taking baclofen. Believe me, you shouldn’t risk of mixing baclofen not even with half a bottle of baclofen, that’s because the next morning I always have headache, vomiting and so on. very bad. And also, there’s an French/ American cardiologist named Oliver Amneisen (you could search for more info about it) that has discovered that baclofen is very effective for treating alcoholism because of these effects. I really think that there most likely must be something in that. so you better should not.

Oh yes, it is true that the effect is surely somewhere in the 18 range before that stuff is completely cycling through. Only this idea of carrying approximately a 50 pound weight on my neck for the long it is so offputting for me. I have really been only wondering if there’s anybody who actually had used those suckers effectively in order to control the spasms and in case this is so, did any of that heaviness occur into you? have you ever felt any of those sensations that I have described above in my post? I am being serious now, this has been some really really weird thing man, some very weird stuff that I haven’t experienced in the past.

TimeTim

Hey there coakley, are you all 100% sure that you have not been on any of other medications that might have interacted with the flexeril? I am pretty sure that there are lots of meds (even otc meds) that can easily interact with it. try remembering what you’ve taken. Maybe it is something that you haven’t even thought about?

That it is the normal experience. It has been prescribed to a lot of people, to very and very much people in the time that I have been in the army, and the thing is that there is absolutely nobody who has ever reported such type of experience with it. what I am trying to say is that I am having a lot of experience with it, lots of readings, talking with people who took it, learned about it, took it myself, researches and so on, but still nothing like that. in case you really took some really good flexeril and you haven’t taken anything else and you really still felt like that then it does seem to me like you are one very big exception my friend.

MBernic

Besides, we also should take in consideration the fact that the effects of a drug is different from person to person and for each condition individually. What I am trying to say is that what did not worked for one guy really might work for another guy even if we’re talking about the same drug and the same condition. Plus, there’s also something else that we should take in consideration and it is the fact that what has once worked for you, very well might not work in the future and that’s even though fi you are having the exact same conditions. I honestly thing that this is only a hit or miss thing and in case there’s a medication that does not work then you just have to remember that it is not necessarily the prescribing doctor’s fault. Sometimes, that’s simply your body that cannot accept the drug and can’t work normally for an unknown reason, even though everything else seem to show that it should work.

Garofalo

I am sorry for this but I have to confess that I absolutely hate flexoril and the way it works for me. not trying to say that this is such an horrible drug, but I just want to say that it is horrible for me personally. Maybe there are people who are greatly benefitting from it, but I am surely not among those people. each time that I have taken this drug, it has made me sleep very and very deeply (so deeply that there’s nothing that can wake me up in the middle of the night, so deep that thieves can enter my house and steal whatever they want and I would still be sleeping) and then the next morning I am feeling completely lethargic – extremely bad. There’s absolutely something wrong with me the next morning as I can’t pick up anything without dropping. I can’t function on a normal basis. I am all in goofiness with an total lack of coordination as well as with a touch of nausea either. yuck… maybe it does work well for other people, as I said, but I one hate it a lot!

JamesSs

So well, since I have had a broken collarbone at 3 and then the doctor has re broke it again, I am having endless and permanent neck issues that are not going to disappear. Well, after being rear ended at a stop light, my doctor sister has prescribed me some flexeril and I have to tell you that it has been working the completely opposite way of how the last poster said it works. Oh my god have mercy… I am being serious when I tell you that it has been a miracle drug for me that worked like nothing else! I really think (but this is only my opinion, not a medical affirmation) that it is working the best way on the neck pain and the rigidity in the neck, though I can’t be sure. I am just saying what kind of effects I’ve had from it. and by the way, I have never had those side effects that you have mentioned up there. I have to say that I really do not need to take it at this moment, however I have to mention that all the warning labels as well as the PDR have really added a plethora of issues which, once again, it is only my personal opinion and not a medical statement or a medical advice, they have made flexeril to seem a pretty poor choice for any further usages.

So well, with all of that being said, for those extremely bad back pain and spasms that I am experiencing, through some trial and error I have noticed and found out that robaxin (which is in fact soma but without that addition of the meprobamate which is a mild tranquilizer) to be the medication of choice for me, to be the medication that I need now. plus I can tell you that the doctors are much less likely now to prescribe soma in this current climate due to the fact that I know and everybody knows that it is being abused way too much. however, the doctors are going to get you written some robaxin which as I already have said, it is the same soma but without one extra component.

However, talking about the back muscle injuries (which you are specifically talking about), I personally have found out that the soma or the robaxin it is everything that does help as everything else is useless. Oh yeah, there’s also valium that does work for the back spasms either as it helps you to relax. So well, based on the changed indications as well as contraindications as well as usual and common side effects of flexeril (at least those ones that can be found online) I can think that that there are more and more people who have had a similar sensation as you all people had.

In case you are experiencing some whishplash then it may be a good idea to consider the flexeril, however since you people had said that you are having back pains and spasms then I think that it is going to be a much better idea for you if you are going to consider the robaxin (soma). I honestly think that it is going to be working a lot more better for you personally. But once again, I have to say that all of this is only based from my own experiences, from all that I have read and from my knowledge. I am not a professional doctor so you could take my advices as medical advices. they’re my personal opinions. Not sure if this is going to be helpful for somebody out there but I really hope that it would. Good luck and I wish you all my best!

malefick

I one cannot take flexeril, this thing is giving me some really crazy and surreal dreams when I sleep under its effects and this is so disturbing. And it is not only this but also the fact that whenever I am waking up then I am feeling very and very tired from those intense sequences of those events that just have happened to me in the time that I have been sleeping and since, as I said, they are so surreal I can’t get any rest. I think that this is happening most likely due to the fact that this flexeril is very close to a tricyclic anti depressant in the same family of medicines as trazadone.

With all of my back problems that I have, my doctor did have tried to put me on a couple in addition to also some 10/325s either. gotta mention that in the end the methorcarbamol has worked the best out of them all and I have got pretty much almost no side effects at all, that is why I think that you might give it a try either and see how it works, maybe this is going to help you either. good luck

Christopher20

Hey there guys. not sure if this would be helpful for somebody but I just wanted to share my story. I have had a non cancerous brain tumor which has been discovered when I have been 11 years old and the thing is that ever since those moments I have had some extremely extremely bad tremors as well as muscle spasms either. so well, quite a while back my doctor has given me a prescription of BuSpar (which is a pretty much of a joke if you would ask me) for the problems that I am having with anxiety and panic disorder. I started to take it but it has made my muscle spasms a lot much worse than I have been having them (but trust me they were already very bad). In short, for making you understand how bad they actually were – my mother has told me that she was able to literally see them happening, now imagine what I was feeling. So well, I did have asked for a SMR so I have ended up getting flexeril. This medication really has been doing a very good job, however the problem with it has been that I was feeling very tired and generally weak when on it. and when I say very tired then I mean very tired because I have been taking about 5 naps per day after I have been sleeping for like 9 to 10 hours at night. I was always weakened, always wanted to sleep and always tired. I am now not taking anymore BuSpar due to the fact that as soon as it seemed to have started to “work” I have found out that I am being allergic to it. however, I am currently taking another drug that is called Zanaflex and I can tell you that my weakness and general tiredness feeling has finally stopped. Even though I still might have some feeling of being tired, I am A LOT much more better now because my nap frequencies per day reduced to as little as maximum once per day and only if I slept less than 9 hours at night. but since I usually do sleep 9 to 10 hours a night then my naps have stopped. I have to tell you that this zanaflex it is still somewhat a bit sedating (which I guess it is obvious since they are pretty much having the same mechanism of action), however this is not the same as when on Flexeril, plus it is also much more effective for the spasms that I am getting. I would suggest you guys to look more into zanaflex than flexeril when the side effects are getting much big and too annoying. As I said, just wanted to share this information (my story) with you hoping that it will help. wishing you all my best wishes.

Windsor

So well, in contrary of what some of the people that have posted here on this thread, I personally am thinking that the reaction that you have had is pretty much uncommon, however it is still not something that is unheard about. something that rarely happens – still happens. as it has already been posted this by another poster above, the flexeril’s structure it is pretty similar to the tricyclic antidepressants and that’s even though according to the Wikipedia page on this article:” the mechanism of action of the cyclobenzaprine it is being unclear”. Maybe it is true. it is not completely established the mechanism of action of this medicine, but at least we people have already discovered that it is working pretty much as an tricyclic anti depressant.

So well, there are some people that are thinking that it is working through the increasing of the norepinephrine, however there are others that are thinking that it is in act a histamine antagonist (which is also known under the name of anti histamine medicines). the tricyclic antidepressants are able to cause agitation and the otc drugs that you can get that are acting on the norepinephrine as well as the anti histamines are also able to cause you some physical discomfort too.

So well, having taken flexeril, I personally would say that it is not that uncommon to feel the sensations of being uncomfortable, it is not unheard of that people can feel agitated from using it. so the side effects described might be something not very common, but still something that people are aware about. plus, although I am not a medic, I can still tell you that IMO, this is not an very effective treatment for back pains and spasms. However, once again, this is only my personal experience. but if I would be you then I would still take care of this because as you can see, I am not the only person here who tells you that flexeril it is not very terribly effective for back spasms which means that there surely must be some other things that must be much more effective for it. and which means that there are lots of people not finding flexeril that helpful for back muscle spasms and back pains. Plus, there is another thing that also has been said up there that I really agree with. somebody has said that valium is helpful for back muscle spasms and back pains (although it is not a muscle relaxant and nor a pain killer). I also think this is true due to the fact that GABA- ergic drugs are working a lot much more better IMHO, like for example the benzos (the valium that has been said) or soma which also has been mentioned above (and since soma it is indeed very hard to get lately, I would listen to the poster’s advice of trying to get robaxin instead).

I really hope very much that this is going to be helpful at least for somebody out there. if there are any other questions then you could ask me and I will do my best to answer them and each question that I will know the answer. Best regards to y’all.

Prunt1Prunt2

so well, I did have used flexeril a lot of times for my back spasm too, it is definitely not my favorite thing, however I still do not care for the muscle relaxers either way so… and I think that this can also go with the fact that I cannot tolerate and I hate alcohol and benzos as well. however, since I am here and since I do have a bit of experience with it then I thought that it would be nice if I would share it with you so here it is:

have to start off by mentioning that I am having a really bad bone, nerve as well as muscle pains too. I have to say that the main offender it is my nerve pains and cyclo is not touching at all any of the other pains. It is useless for them. completely useless. Either way, everything that it did have managed to do has been to make my nerve pain go from a really hot burning sensation instead to a really very foggy headed and groggy headed which did not allowed me to get comfortable to an extremely extremely cold tingling and burning sensation across my entire body and not only in my injured nerves. I have got one of the most unpleasant experience with a medication, but there have also been some even worse than that anyway.

I really hope that this is going to help any of you guys, I wish you all good luck and be well.

Suchibiant

Flexeril gave me the most inexplicable, strange and annoying feeling. It has been giving me some extremely terrible hangover effects by making me feel unedge as well as almost paranoid. Plus to that, it has also been giving me some unbearable heart palpitations (the worst that I’ve ever had) as well as nompain relief. For me it has been a worthless drug that done nothing but made me feel bad. I really hate this drug and I won’t ever take it. I went off from it (finally) and then I have been recommended to try soma. I was thinking that it would have pretty much the same effects for me (since they are both muscle relaxers) and I was hesitant of trying it. but then I decided that I should and so I have tried it. never though that 2 drugs that are in the same family would work so differently. It is like the completely opposite for flexeril. Definitely soma is the way to go, flexeril, at least for me, wasn’t good at all.

Triaca

I think that flexeril does work pretty well as a muscle relaxant, however as it has already been said here, it also does make me extremely tired, so tired that I am not even able to function normally. That is why, I am only using robaxin for muscle spasms now and frankly it is much more superior to flexeril, that’s why I can recommend it to try instead of flexeril. I think so because I am getting the exact same muscle spasms relief (which is pretty good from both of them) but I am getting very little drowsiness, much little compared to flexeril. That’s if you are looking for something that would get you rid of muscle spasms and would still allow you to function on a normal basis. In case you are looking for a buzz though then I suggest you to search for something else, however for some real muscle spasms it does work quite well. but in case you are trying to sleep for a week straight then you might want to search for flexeril as it can be your medicine of choice. I wish you all my best and I hope you’ll find the medication you need. Best of luck.

Thadestal63

It does sound like flexeril is working completely different for different people, that’s because contrary to what the previous poster has said, flexeril, for me, really seem to be completely useless for my muscle spasms. I haven’t noticed it to help me with the muscle spasms and nearly everything that it does for me is to knock me out and it is making me feel extremely lethargically feeling for the entire next day. it is pretty much like is putting me on a tranquilized state for a while. Plus, I can tell you that the last time when I have taken it, I have found myself being very and very nervous as soon as the drowsiness wore off. This is why, I can tell you guys that I would rather use a benzo any given day than flexeril. However, I have not yet tried soma, but I see a lot of people here commenting very well about soma saying that it is a lot more better than flexeril, that is why I am very curious now how it would work for me. I guess that that I am going to try to get it soon (or I would get robaxin if I won’t get any soma).

OZBorn

Hi everyone. I do have a little bit of experience with some drugs like flexeril, soma zanaflex etc. so I am going to try to help you by sharing how they are working for me. so regarding the flexeril (the main drug in this thread) it is making me feel drowsy all the next day after I am only using one of it at night. something not very pleasant, not at all. my wife has also tried them and she has told me that they are giving her a really strange feeling in her head the morning after she takes the flexeril at night.

Regarding the zanaflex, I can tell you that it is working a lot more better for my back and my neck pains and it also helps me to sleep during the night well. but there are some occasional nights when some severe pain can wake me up at night and I am not feeling right.

Regarding the soma and its effects I can tell you that there are sometimes when I can take it but then I am waking back up in approximately 15 minutes or so, it seems that’s because soma doesn’t have this “sleep inducing properties” it is not like with the zanaflex or like when using flexeril because these ones makes me sleep for good.

I have to say that IMO, flexeril really seems to be the most widely prescribed muscle relaxer due to the fact that it is not being addicting, or maybe not as much as soma and zanaflex. Soma is indeed better than flexeril for me (except for the part that it doesn’t make me stay asleep) but the downside of it is that it is more addictive. Quite sure that’s why docs prescribe mostly flexeril. Wishing you good luck.

Wheely

So well, there are some people that are thinking that it is working through the increasing of the norepinephrine, however there are others that are thinking that it is in act a histamine antagonist (which is also known under the name of anti histamine medicines). the tricyclic antidepressants are able to cause agitation and the otc drugs that you can get that are acting on the norepinephrine as well as the anti histamines are also able to cause you some physical discomfort too.”
</p><p> </p><p>Well, I am really not doing well at all with the anti histamines… in fact, I do very bad with them. I am getting hallucinations from it as I can seeing zombie person, see trails etc. I really can see how people could compare Flexeril with antihistamines. I have taken it only one time in my life and I have been feeling like I have taken an allergy medicine. I seriously do not like at all this feeling. That bottle is only gathering dust since then and I am pretty sure that it is going to continue gathering it. I am currently still using the baclofen, this one really does help me with my neck issues, however it is not really helpful for my shoulder and my back issues… oh… the next thing that I am going to search for and that I will be searching is soma, especially after seeing that here are so many people telling so good things about it. but anyway, is here anybody who can tell me either soma makes you feel tired? Generally, I would really like to know more about this drug, on the way it works and generally everything else that you can share about it. do you really think that if flexeril did not worked at all, soma will? ty </p>