Beat WD with Neurontin

2Mia

Hi everyone. I just thought about making this thread since it might be helpful for a lot of people there. the information that I am trying to share with all of you it is my method of how I am almost completely beating up the withdrawals when I am coming off of the opiates and I have great success with it (or at the very least, it does help me very and very much with them) and since I know that there are lots of people having big troubles coming off it, I thought that this thread should be here. so well, firstly I have to say that I STRONGLY recommend everybody out there to try Neurotin (AKA Gabapentin) because you are going to have great success with it when trying to help yourself with the withdrawals.

So well, here it is the trick that I am talking about: you need to use a dosage that it is much more above to the normal range written in the instructions if you want to start noticing those awesome effects that I am talking about and that this drug really can induce. These pills (at least where I live) are coming in 300 mg capsules (and I assume that normally it is the same everywhere else), anyway, so if you want to take enough in order to finally get the desired effects then you should take 7 to 10 of those pills (which is in the range of 1800 mg or even more than that to take). I know what many of you thought right now: side effects, overdoses, etc etc. however, you can do your research and then you tell me whether are there any overdoses or not from this medicine? I have done it myself and you really should do yours and you are going to find out that as I know – it is very and very hard to overdose on this product this is why it makes it perfect to use for withdrawals and in the same time makes it all safe and sound to take that much. I know that many of you still have doubts about this, that’s the reason I have started to say that you should do your research about this and see it all yourself. I have done a lot of research because I did not wanted to play with my health and I found out that it is well documented that this is perfectly safe to take that much.

in some general bigger amounts of this Neurontin (gabapentin) it is giving me some very nice feelings, esp. when withdrawing. This product is really calming you down and it is lifting your mood as well as giving you a very nice little buzz. Also, I am not sure how and why but this thing is making the food to taste amazing and I think that this is an very interesting effect that I am very often associating overall with that fact that it does make you feel pretty good too. I mean, when you eat something that tastes amazing – you feel good. that’s the effects. that’s a way on how it works. In case you are going to have a combination of this product Neurontin (gabapentin) with some clonidine) and during the night you are going to have some kind of an sleeping aid like for example trazadone (or whatever else that you like) then I can guarantee you that you are going to have an extremely big luck and success when trying to come off from opiates and the withdrawals are going to be dramatically diminished. I’m just trying to say that even if the wd’s are there – you won’t feel them. I have tried  a lot of methods to come off opiates and so far, I think that this is by far the best method out there to come off them. if there is somebody who used my method and can tell that there is another one even better than this then please share it with me, although I doubt that there is some other better than this due to the fact that when I am using this method for helping with withdrawals I barely feel that I am withdrawing. Also, it is much much less risky than to use some other Opiate like for example suboxone that in case you are going to use it for too long it is going to make you wind up with the worse withdrawals that you have ever had in your life from using shorter acting opiates. That’s really an method that it is worth to think about and to consider it since this is the method that have made me to get off it so smoothly that I could not even imagine that it is possible like this in the past.

just hope that this is not the case when “people are different so things are working out differently for each one of us”. I just hope that it would work for everybody out there. also, is there somebody who has ever tried to take some larger amounts of Neurontin during the withdrawals? If yes, what were your experiences? I have found out about it by reading some boards a long time ago, now that I know this information and I see that it is not here then I thought that it would be very nice if I would post it, isn’t it? this is for anybody who needs help in this area. I wish you all good luck and have an easy withdrawal period.

Boxall

I guess that you forgot to mention one important thing: what opiates are you using Neurontin in order to come off of?? it is true that this has been said already since I knew about it (but frankly, I forgot about it), however I guess that in the end of the day, the most important thing is: do and/or take whatever makes you feel better. I guess.

Whetter50

Hi. Thank you for this info. I have to add something else about Neurontin as I have been put on it myself. my doctor gave me this Neurontin for my migraines, I have been using it for one full year – 900 mg per day. every single day in an entire year. I can say that this medicine did helped me with my sleep, however it did not do much for my migraines. I became physically dependent on this drug later. The time that I have stopped to use Neurontin my feet and my legs has been feeling like they were on fire. When these symptoms just occurred on me I have not realized that it has been because of Neurontin. Then later this thought came into my mind and I have been continuously thinking about it until one day I decided to experiment and to see how it is going to be, so I took 300 mg of it – and yeah, all of those horrible burning sensations I have had went away. As much as I can remember, it has taken me approximately half an year or so until I have finally been able to stop using it and to be once again able to live like a normal person that does not have that burning feeling. Obviously, I have told my doctor about this thing but he told me that Neurontin can’t cause anything like that and it is generally the first time he has ever heard about such a symptoms from using Neurontin, however I was respectfully disagreeing with him due to the fact that I knew that it has been it. too much of coincidence. Then later I have even contacted the manufacturer and they have simply taken my complaint. Then later I have researched more and more about this drug but I still have not found absolutely anything that could have proven that this drug was responsible for those issues that I have experienced. That’s why when I have found this post of yours I couldn’t abstain from not writing anything.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that you should not stick to this drug for too long otherwise you might have an bad ending, like I did. Although I am now fine, I paid a too big price for it as I have suffered for too long.  I just hope that you are not going to have the same as I had.

Windsor

Oh wow. to be honest I have been pretty surprised when I have seen and read your post, 2 Mia. That’s because I have never ever heard of anybody else to mention this before as it has been said here and generally I have been thinking that I am the only one (or one of the very few ones) who are using gabapentin for withdrawals. So well, I have also had some great success with easing withdrawals with Gabapentin and I can also recommend it to everybody else. I am sorry that I never thought about posting it here, now that I think about it – it is really a good idea as other people who did not knew about it – now they have the opportunity to withdraw much easier.

Anyway, I can also add something else, to me gabapentin it is like the little brother or the child of Lyrica, that’s because gabapentin has worked great, however Lyrica worked even better than it for me with even less side effects. once again, it is personally for me, but I guess that other people might find it more helpful too.

I have to say that I do tend to get some shaky feeling on gaba as well as I do swell up (this side effect it is noted on the possible side effects list) and this is not an unbearable and untolerable problem, however it is enough for me to be bothersome. That is why I am mentioning about Lyrica which is much much more easier on me, however I have to say that this one does make me feel like I am a bit drunk.

I did have used Lyrica in place of a regular dose in case running low on medications and I have always having success in replacing all of the opiates for one full day without what would surely be an extremely bad and uncomfortable withdrawal day. I did have used it in place of the hydro as well as OC’s and I have to say that for both of them with the same good effect and I am glad about that!

So, in the end I can mention that gaba is amazing for withdrawals, but lyrica (for me) is even better. however, I need to note and to outline that they are working for withdrawals, not for something else. the biggest drawback and the biggest problem with them (although it is not the drug’s fault) is that I am using those pain medications for an exact reason and when I do use lyrica either gaba it is for the withdrawals of the drugs but the pains are the same. Those pain relieving effects that gaba and lyrica has are not even close enough for killing down the pains to that level that I could at least sustain a normal quality of living.

Personally I am not using Lyrica and neither gaba on a regular basis that is why I am not sure whether the helping effects would be reduced over time or not. I have no idea whether it is going to stave off withdrawals for hours, days or even weeks. Have no idea. However, even so - I really do not plan to ever count on them in order to stop using opiates, I guess because the risk would be too much. I have a feeling that I am going to discuss about this problem with my doctor when the time it is going to come (when I would be able to function normally without these pain killer drugs). I guess that I am going to start by tapering down. reducing the amount I take and maybe later I would come off. Also, if it’s true what has been said about the symptoms if using it for too long then I really don’t want to risk.

Anyway, it seems that I am now just rambling like that so I guess I’m gonna stop. Thank you 2Mia for your informative post!

Turitch

thank you very much for the information. I really appreciate a lot everything you have done for us and personally for me as I am now looking into educating myself more about it. there are a few questions for you that I would appreciate even more if you (or maybe somebody else ) could answer them for me. so well, the first question: it is this medication a prescription only or it is an over the counter med? I just ask this because I see people saying that they are being “prescribed” Neurontin which makes me think that it can be obtained only with a prescription. True? also, I want to know whether does this drug help with the sleep disorders or it helps only with the wd’s themselves? I am asking this as I can’t fall asleep and I would really like to find a solution for this. I am currently lurking all over the internet and as I said, I am trying to educate myself, learning every day about something and I have pretty often came along posts where people were talking about it so it makes me think that it really should be helpful, I guess? Unfortunately, I have never had the time to learn more about it. In the past I have used trazadone for sleep issues and it has worked well – but I have read that it is having addiction potency so I don’t want to abuse it. wanted to ask whether Neurontin has addiction abuse or not?! I guess that it must be very crappy to replace one addiction with another one, in case this is what it does. After all, what would be the point it all of that, isn’t it? I am really looking into learning more about it if somebody has something else more to share and to answer my questions. Thank you a lot!

JamesSs

Hey there OP, actually what you are describing it is not “far above from the dose range” for the Gabapentin (Neurontin) and I really think that if you want somebody to listen to your advice then you do not have to make it sound this way and to scare those people away from your method because it really seems to me to be a good one, but you are not putting it in a good way. actually, I am now prescribed 600 mg of tablets (oh yeah, not capsules – this has confused me in the beginning too). I can tell you that it is a totally normal thing for people that are suffering from nerve pain or some other issues gabapentin (Neurontin) it is being indicated for them to use 1200 to 1800 mg sometimes, even though these are very high end of the dose range.

Anyway, since there is somebody who has mentioned gabapentin, I guess that I might share about opioid withdrawal medication combos that are actually quite a little bit more effective than the high dose gabapentin alone. These types of combinations are only indicated for those people that are having some very high tolerances to opioids – mid high referring to say 240 mg of oxycontin per day or its equivalents, people lower truly do not need the types of mixtures or the combinations that I am talking about. besides, this type of protocol could also pretty easily knock out a person withdrawing cold from 240 mg of oxycodone every day on their @ss, and having this said, exercise caution.

-Clonidine, 0.1 mg or 0.2 mg strength, up to every 6 hours.

-gabapentin (Neurontin) 600 to 1600 mg up to about every 4 hours.

-any benzo, like for example klonopin 1-2 mg to use every 4 to 6 hours, Xanax also 1-2 mg to use every 4 to 6 hours, Ativan also 1-2 mg also to use every 4 to 6 hours or in the end valium to use 20 to 40 mg every 6 hours or so.

-any muscle relaxant drug, like for example baclofen 20 mg to use up to about every 6 hours, or robaxin up to every 4 hours or so, or also flexeril 10 mg of it up to every 4 hours.

-any sleeping drug, in the most preferable case an antipsychotic tranquilizer like for example Seroquel, somewhere between 25 to 200 mg of it, although ambien 20 mg or also lunesta 3 mg are also going to help, however they are most likely not going to put one to sleep because it is only going to cause you grogginess.

-immodium AD, about 10 to 25 capsules to use every 12 hours, in case you are able to swallow all of them. I know that any amount of it is going to help you and even only one or 2 capsules as it is being indicated in the directions to use it. it is not being harmful in order to dose immodium AD heavily in this way due to the fact that it is simply an opioid that does not cross the blood brain barrier therefore it is going to stop diarrhea by connecting to receptors in the colon and the intestines.

-antiseizures or antispasmodics as it is needed, like for example you could use tegretol 100 to 200 mg every 8 hours or for example Topamax 20 mg also every 8 hours.

-any antiemetic (that is, anti nausea medications) like for example Zofran 4 mg or for example phenergen 25 mg of it as it is needed.

So well, once again I have to mention that this is a very strong protocol (regimen) that exclusively only those people who are trying to go through some very high dose opioid withdrawals would REALLY need to ever use it – other people should not even think about it. having this said, I feel that it is my duty to mention the following: there are a lot of people who tend to think that their tolerance is “very high” or “high” whereas in reality it is not at all that high, so you need to pay a lot of attention to it and exercise extreme caution here. like I have already said it once above, those types of medications if combined would most likely knock a person who is coming straight off 240 mg of oxycodone per day out cold. People: I am being serious, don’t play around with this.

hag32056

I have also noticed a pretty big reduction in my opiate withdrawal symptoms from using gabapentin. I have been prescribed it in order to treat my nerve damage a couple of years ago along with some hydros as well. after I have been running out of my medications a couple of years ago, I have started to have the withdrawal symptoms like for example the anxiety, restlessness, sever pain as well as the rest of those terrible symptoms that it is so hard to deal with. I remember that I have tried to lessen the pain that I have been living with so in attempt doing so I have taken a little bit more gabapentin and a lot to my very pleasant and very big surprise, those withdrawal symptoms have more or less went away and I surely have not expected this. anyway, to be honest with you, I am not sure that it has helped me so much with the pains. However it did helped me overall a lot as I finally have been able to relax and to feel normal again. not sure how it is for other people but for me it has been and it is still a true lifesaver when I need it. it really helped me a lot. I do go on and off from it and I have never had any wd symptoms from stopping gabapentin itself so I can easily assume that it is not addictive at all but I am not sure on this since I have heard from a lot of people that they are saying the opposite to it so I can’t be sure here. this is what lead me to the thought that (I guess so) that it is having different effects on some different people, but I am not sure. Plus to it, I have also heard that there are also other people who knew that this gabapentin (Neurontin) might help with the opiate withdrawal and they did tried it for themselves but they told that they are not able to see any benefits from it regarding this withdrawal so I am not sure whether it is going to help all people. though I’ve also been thinking that maybe it is their fault. I mean, they got some crappy stuff or they have not been using it right. however, if they did had some good stuff and they used it alright and it still really did not helped them then it is a sure thing that it does not work for everybody. what I do know for sure it is that it does work for me and it is working very and very well – nothing I can complain about. once again – for people who want to try it and have high expectance from it – it does not get me rid of the craving and neither from the increased pain level (and it won’t do for you either), however it surely helps with those other effects which for me are truly the worst of it, much more annoying and much more interferes with my quality of life. I hope that other people who want to try it wouldn’t think that this is a miracle drug that if you take it – it gets rid of absolutely every problem (I just know that there are such kind of people who believes in “miracle pills”).

duganD

Many of you won’t believe what I am going to tell you know, but this is true and I know it as I am telling you the following from personal experience. so well, I have taken Neurontin for nerve pain after I have been involved into an accident that have seriously damaged my spine. The nerve pain has been very intense (the biggest and most intense pain I have ever had in my life) so the doctor have had me up to even 4800 mg of Neurontin per day!

Even so, I have to say that I find it to be strange enough that I have not experienced any relief from it at all, and I also did not had any side effects from it either. As I have been explained – I should have been walking around in a fog, my brain wouldn’t work as it was working before that, however – I have been all fine.

Then, eventually, after I have seen those effects, I have decided to stop using it altogether and I have just went off it cold turkey and again, oddly but I was all fine. however (later) I did some research and I read and found out that whoever took such a big dose need to taper off from neurontin otherwise is risking to have seizures. I would recommend you all to be very careful with this drug.