BiPolar Mother? Or no?

drann

Hi! I have a question about bipolar relationship. Not so long ago I started to observe that my mother’s behavior is changing very much and is continuing dramatically changing. I’m still wondering if this is just stress, depression or it’s a bipolar disorder as I have started to read more about this disorder and I do find her in nearly all of those symptoms. I’m very worried about her health. She started to behave in a strange mode, very strange like she never did before. Every day I see my mom that is changing her behavior many times per day in an instant. At the beginning of the day she can seem to be normal, or even she can have a positive thinking mode, but after some hours and often even after some minutes she can totally change her behavior she can talk strange, yell and have a very aggressive behavior, when I talk with her about this, and when I mention all the things that she is doing during the day, she is denying all the things that I’m telling her, like we never talked before.

I don’t know how to react or what to do, don’t have any other relatives, even a father to talk about this, and I’m just 15 years old and scared every much. What can I do? I asked her to go to talk with a doctor, but she always deny the necessity and react like I’m crazy and I don’t know what I’m talking about. Please help me! I do understand that I may seem a teenager but this is very strange. I tried to read information about bipolar disorders and it really seems that my mom has it and I am interested what you think that I can do now? if I would be older it would be much easier, but since I’m only 15… it is hard for me to deal with all this.

iKenny

This actually can really be stress or depression. it may be bipolar too, I don’t know your mother and I can’t say anything with certitude so it can be nearly everything given the little information you posted. The thing is that there are many types of depression and different stages, some of the depression stages are so easy to support that other people can’t even see that a person have depression and there are other stages of depression the more acute ones that are really bad ones and that you can see that the person seems to be totally crazy. Anyways, just my opinion… I don’t think that your mom is having a bipolar disorder, I think that it’s a period in her life that is hard to support, there can be many other causes, sometimes it’s because of the job, or maybe some other relationship, sometimes it can be because of the menopause attack. Anyway, it doesn’t matter if your mom has bipolar relationship or just a depression she have to talk with a doctor, and if you can’t convince her to go to the doctor, you can always call a doctor home, and to explain the situation I think that they will understand you. or you could talk with her when she is in her good mood and maybe she would understand you?

Julieta

My father have had a similar behavior before we found out that he has a bipolar disorder, so you have to know that there is a huge possibility that you’re actually right and that your mom does have it. You need to talk with a doctor, I agree, this is very important and this is a serious thing. If your mom is at the initial stage then the doctor can always help her, is very important to talk with your doctor very quickly and as soon as possible. This can change your mother’s life. nearly all the illness and disorders are much more easily with less effort curable at an initial stage. The same goes here. do not wait for too long as it might be a mistake...

tameeka

It reminded myself some years ago, I was so stressed and depressed that my husband thought the same thing. You have to stay calm and think positively. People, you should avoid telling things like “your mom probably can have something like this”. It’s very bad to discourage a person and to tell that it’s a very serious situation. I know that you’re right and it’s serious but there is a big possibility that she is just stressed and that’s all she has. If you have never seen your mother like this before, obviously you are very scared about this and you think that there is something wrong with her, but I truly believe that everything will be okay. Talk with a doctor he is able to assure you with the best information about your mother. And also he is the best bet your mother has to feel better again. maybe it is time for you to help her….

drann

Thank you all for the info provided, of course I’m worried about my mom, but I think positively or at least I try to, and I really believe that she has nothing serious.