Breast cancer decisions

IrisSs

I suffer of breast cancer and not so long ago I started my lumpectomy but I decided to refuse the tamoxifen and radiation. I’m scared about the cancer and I was scared since the beginning about this but when I heard about the radiation and about the tamoxifen I started to think that my cancer situation can develop and progress. I really don’t want it. I would like to know if there is somebody that decided to do the same thing. It’s a good decision or not?

Prunt1Prunt2

Yes,  I think that your decision is pretty good. I know that maybe somebody told you that it’s your only chance to change something but I would like to tell you that this is not true. First of all Tamoxifen can have very miserable side effects on your health and that’s right the cancer can progress. If you search for something that is more secure then I can recommend you to apply the immunotherapy. It’s a good thing and a new treatment with clinical trials. You can find it very comfortable and this is supposed to enable the immune system and after this it attacks the cancer cells. I heard that at the statistical level people are more satisfied about this treatment than about the other types of treatments.

Cassuairtall66

I think that this is not a good decision and it will be better to rethink your position. Just remember that you refuse 2 treatments that are made in order to help and prevent the progress. Yes, there are thousand negative things that can happen if you use these treatments but it’s a way to get rid of this thing. I know a little bit about the breast cancer because my daughter was treated from it 5 years ago. It’s realy hard to decide to do chemo or other types but its necessary.  She also wanted to refuse the Tamoxifen but she knew that she have had no choice. Now, she feels a little better. We still hope that she’ll get well very soon. After some weeks she will have the second surgery in the other breast and after this we hope that her situation will stabilize.