bronchodilators improving cannabis effects?

contrast

hi all. I know this might seem a strange question (because to be honest it is strange for me too) but is there someone who knows… if using a bronchodilator like for example Primatene Mist (epinephrine) before smoking cannabis… then would it potentiate the effects of the cannabis? for those who are wondering, cannabis is perfectly legal here so I am not gonna have any issues with law. this is only what I have heard and I am not sure if that's true or not but to be honest… it does seem to be logical since bronchodilators are… dilating bronchi and therefore I think that they might potentiate it… true? someone have any anecdotal evidence? any information is appreciated.

Suffes

to be honest… I have not heard of such a thing so I can't say anything with certitude… however… it surely does not mean that it is not possible. what I try to say that it is highly unlikely to happen, even though bronchodilators are dilating bronchi and as you said, seems that it might do so. again, not trying to say that this is true, but I'm trying to say that in my opinion it is unlikely. I mean… I am an active member of multiple health sites (regarding medicines, pharmacies etc. etc.) of a lot of sites, forum sites, reading lots of articles etc. etc. and even so, I have never heard of anything like this, in fact I haven't heard of any thing besides possibly mango or peaches… but even so I wouldn't tell you to have big hopes because even those, with a lot of backing, still have been proven to be pretty silly (dealing with mycrose increasing high from preloading on fruits) and having no sig finding in any study at all.

look… I would have to do (I guess) lots more research on this as I have said, I've never heard of it or any effects at all and therefore this makes me think BS, but then again, not trying to say it is not true so I will leave it open for possible discussion and I will try to find some more info..

Suffes

here's an edit for you with a little update on what I have found…. from as much as I have read I've found that this do seems to be an asthma medication, however it is OTC (over the counter) and it is herbal. having that said - I highly doubt that you would see a major change in it. but still, as I have said it earlier, I am going to leave it open for a short white in order to see if it is garnering any attention at all, although I still pretty much doubt it. at most, as you said, it might increase your lung capacity and therefore the absorption rate, however even that depends on the strain just as much. what I am trying to say is that this is pretty much as if asking if holding your hit in for a long period of time is going to get your any higher - I guess you do know that the answer is not so it all has to do with the strain and definitely doesn't have a lot (if anything) to do with the duration of depriving yourself from oxygen. why I mostly think that it is not working is that just in case, in an miracle way, it works, then it means than an inhaler should work like 10 times as well, which it does not so… hopig this is gonna help.

MBernic

what you've forgot is that THC it is a bronchodilator on its own.... this means that if the actual bronchodilator would dilate your bronchi more then only a little bit and so…

another thing is that adrenergic agents that are acting as bronchodilators do increase apparent lung capacity and that's true, however I really don't know if this is at all healthy or safe to be doing so, especially doing it regularly. nor I know if it is having any effects at all on the absorption of the smoke that you inhale other than being able to consume it faster. I will therefore say that I'm not sure whether it will or not, but as it is said earlier by someone else, I also doubt about it.

Awkwast

well… I am not sure if that's safe either so before doing anything I would try to find out more information about it BUT… if you are really intrigued and what to find an answer then just ask someone who uses asthma inhalers to give it to you to try it once. having an inhaler you can try it and see if your theory is true or not, this way you're going to find an 100% sure answer. but then again, find if that's safe or not firstly. come back here with an update if you find an answer :D

Twords

yes, I do know and it is true that Primatene Mist was surely an OTC medication, however what's not really true is that it was not really herbal. this is a metered dosage of only 0.22 mg of the epinephrine that you said (which is also known as adrenaline) which is the exact same thing that you are getting n EpiPens for the allergic reactions as well as for the cardiac arrest that they are using in the ER (emergency room). from as much as I know, most of the RX inhalers are those that are steroid based. I know all of this because I used it myself and I was regularly using it due to the seasonal allergies that I was (and still am) getting which is having an effect on me of mild asthma, so I have had to use something and that's the product I used in the past. so I did have researched a bit on this. well, if I am having some mad coughing fit in the time that I am smoking (yes yes, I know it very well, quit smoking) and if (when) I am using the inhaler that I definitely can notice that I am able to do some bigger hits and to hold it much longer, the thing is that I am not very sure if a person who is not having asthma would notice a difference as well or no. I notice difference because I'm short of breathe so it just kind of brings it back to normal. whoever is already on the 'normal'… not sure if would go even 'better'.

one strange thing… where you've got Primatene Mist… I mean… it got pulled from the market at the end of 2011 which means it is no longer available for 6 years now. if you found some in your house then it most likely is long ago after the expiration date. it got pulled out because it had CFCs in the propellant or something like that. there are articles on this thread. whichever the case, using it after the expiration date (since you're not asthmatic) most likely wouldn't be dangerous, but it won't give any effects either. It is dangerous for those who need it during their asthma attack and it doesn't work anymore…

upocand

what you've forgot is that THC it is a bronchodilator on its own.... this means that if the actual bronchodilator would dilate your bronchi more then only a little bit and so…
</p><p> </p><p>i honestly do not feel that my lungs are working any better or that they can update more oxygen after I am smoking… really.. I mean nothing in this matter, in fact, it is pretty much the opposite so I am not sure if THC is working as an bronchodilator. but even so, I still can guess that this statement can be true anyway… that's because just all of that crap that it is in the smoke that is having a bigger impact compared to the so said bronchodilatation effect of the THC could have… that's just a thought I had…</p>

duganD

I'm honestly thinking that it would be a lot much more safer to just get yourself a job and to smoke more pot than to screw around with asthma medications… who knows where you might end up with all of this… just a thought…

brigittekey

hey there… I am using an Albuterol inhaler myself and everything that it is doing is just to help me stop coughing and wheezing and so I can continue to smoke… however I am quite sure that it does nothing anymore… I mean, in all the time that I have been using it and smoking I haven't ever noticed it doing anything else than that for me. I don't know… I mean, that's just really strange. I mean I can see the logic, however I really don't think that you would actually get any higher just to be able to inhale more smoke due to the fact that your lungs are getting opened up. I mean, I have nothing to prove this and I am not a doctor to tell you whether is this so or not, but as other people told you here - that's highly unlikely. after all, since you said that cannabis is perfectly legal there then why wouldn't you just ask an doctor about this? they might gladly answer since if this is true then it means you would smoke less which means that they would be glad (I mean, we all know doctors are against any form of smoking).