can an e cigarette help me to quit smoking?

KaterineHill

I have a very common question and I really would like to find out the answer. Can electronic cigarettes to help you really quit smoking? I have tried to find out an answer but there are so many polemics about this that I’m still confused what to think about this. I smoke since I was 15 years old, now I’m 25 and I would like to quit. My husband and I would like to have a baby and of course I started to find some other things that can help me to quit. I still don’t know if it can help me to quit smoking quickly or I have to search for something else. What do you think, what would be the best thing for me?

Thank you a lot.

FloE

oh  my god darling I know that it’s a very messy situation and it still remains the same. I think that I know as much as you know, and first of all I know that there are two groups of people that think differently about this. There are some of my relatives that told me many times that e-cigarette can really help to quit smoking but judging by my own situation I can’t say the same thing, at least I can say for sure that it can’t help you to quit smoking in one or two months. I can’t recommend you to use e-cigarettes first of all because you said that you want to have a baby and the second thing because it’s not so good for you and your baby’s health. I have heard that the American cancer society and the American lung association wanted to ban them because they are very dangerous for people’s health, but they were in debate with FDA that wanted to take them on the market. Anyway there is a long story, but till I’m not sure about them I can clearly remain for the same thought that you don’t have to use them. Keep asking your doctor about this. I think that before having a baby it’s normal to talk with a doctor, and don’t forget to say about this, he will be able to explain what to do next, maybe there are some other things that you can find in pharmacies and that maybe are not so dangerous for your health. Try to ask a local pharmacist at least, if you don’t want to talk with a doctor. They would surely recommend you something worth trying.

kristen33

there is a really strange situation with e cigarettes and I have heard recently that fda showed it first as corruption and after some days they decided to approve some fruit flavors and after this they banned again these cigarettes now with the argument that there is something wrong with nicotine with fruit flavor, if I remember well there were something linked with bad health influence. I can say that I decided to look after recommendations from people that actually used e- cigarettes and know better what to say. Telling honestly I have used e-cigarettes for many years and now judging from this phrase you can make a conclusion about how great are e-cigarettes made for quitting smoking. In my opinion they are the same cigarettes but they are just electronic. When I first time switched from normal cigarette to e-cigarette this wasn’t because I wanted to quit smoking this was because I wanted to try e- cigarette and after this to decide that would be better for me. At the end I decided to use e-cigarettes, even if I have heard before that they help to quit smoking I have never thought to do it. Anyway, as a conclusion I can say that if you don’t want to do it, I mean if you don’t want to quit smoking, e-cigarette wouldn’t help you to do this, but if you really would like to do it, then go ahead and do it but without using some other things that actually don’t work. I think that you have to think about you as you already have a baby in your belly and to imagine that there he is. This can help you to change your vision about cigarette and about other types of chemicals and ect. I don’t agree that you have to ask your doctor about something else to use in order to quit it, because I think that everything that is linked with cigarettes are not so good for your baby. All you need to do is to STOP. I know very well that it is easier said than done, but I know some women who quit smoking immediately after they have planned to have children.