chest pain because of weed, heart?

sHeriFF

hi, please help me, i'm 18 yrs old guy and i have something to ask. sometimes when i smoke weed i'm getting unexplained chest pain in my left side. it is happening some times when i'm not even smoking but this unpleasant sensations is going away within 2 or 3 minutes. also i have the same sensation the next day after i'm smoking. this is not happening always but quite often. the pain isn't so bad but i do feel it every single time it ocurs so i'm wondering what can it be? i don't think that this is causing my lungs because i can feel it only on my left side, that is why i'm concerned that it might be my heart. i really would like to know it. a professional opinion is highly desired. what is going on and what is causing this? it is my heart which is resposible for this? also i want to know if there is anything what can i do beside stopping smoking to get rid of the pain. i'm somehow embarrassed and even scared to go to a doc and explain this, you know? are here other weed smokers who have this? 

upocand

In my opinion it is normal to have this chest pain for every weed smoker. I just said that because I was a weed smoker myself and I remember that i had the same problem. I'm sorry i can't help you even though i was in the same situation. i smoked weed for about 4 years almost daily. sometimes i got this temporary pain in my chest and (i think) in my lungs too. Also I think that (im not sure), it depends on how much weed do you smoke, because I got the pains when i was smoking really much weed. I was smoking with my friend and when i asked him if he has some pains he replied that he has and in the exact same area as i had. that is why i never visited a doctor about this, if both of us had this then we thought it is something normal. Anyway, i'm out of it, I do not smoke weed for some time and the pain got away (and i expected this). You asked to know other what can you do get rid of the pain beside to stop smoking, unfortunately this is my only answer. Other I don't have :)

oulger

here i am having the exact same situation due to exact same thing. im a pot smoker for some years already and suddenly of nowhere i got this unbelievable pain in my left side of the chest especially after i am smoking weed. i got this problem for about two years now. im 25 years old and i don't seem to have another problem but this and i'm totally confused. the biggest concern is that doctors can't help me so i wonder who can help me then? this is the reason why i am here and trying to get some answers. since i got this pain i was like to 10 different doctors, i don't even remember them and how much doctors i have visited. every single one examined my lungs, my chest, my heart and my stomach. they have made some tests on me and most of them said that this pain is caused by my intestines and nothing else. i truly doubt because i have been told i need to take a lot of medicines and none of them seems to work on me. i mean that i have taken already all kind of medication these doctors told me and i still have the pain after i smoke. i want to know how to get rid of this pain! if there is anyone who can provide me with such kind of info i would be really thankful! my best

jessica302

Hey there, I am 25 years old female and I am smoking weed since I was 15 or 16 years old. I don’t smoke tobacco cigarettes and I never smoked (only one cigarette to try out). I also don’t drink coffee and other bad things, in fact I drink only water and milk. However, for approximately one year I’m having pains in my chest area, it is located more in the left side. In the left side of my chest, on my left hand, pains on my left foot and in my left leg. It seems that my left side is in the worst condition. Also, sometimes I am able to see a vain that looks very similar to swells on my palm on the left hand. The first few month I thought that these pains would go away sooner or later by themselves but they won’t. and they seem to intensify. That is why I’m going to see a doctor these days. I haven’t been to anyone in so much time and I regret it, because I’m afraid that my problem spread and became even more serious. I have a feeling that this is from smoking weed, I’m smoking it as soon as I wake up until I go to bed. Yeah, I know you would tell me just to quit smoking it and the problem would disappear but I’ve tried a lot of times in the last couple of months. It is unbelievable hard to quit it. I do know that if I won’t do anything it would kill me sooner or later, I know that smoking weed is my ticket to go straight down but…. Now I’m trying to do everything I can just to stop smoking weed and to change my habits. I would really appreciate some help but there’s nobody around me to help to do so. That’s because everyone around me is smoking and it would be awesome if I could get away and change my hobby. I won’t regret quitting smoking even though it has always been my “relax” time. I think in about searching for another way to get through my emotional pains besides the smoking help. I really hope that the doc would help me and god bless us all.

Davis

Hey everyone, I have smoked weed for about 6 or 7 times over the last year or so but the problem is that I am experiencing sharp and cutting pains on my right side of the chest that it is going into my right side of the arm and all the way down to my hand. The only time that I have got really really high was only the first time that I have tried weed. I have had then a panic attack while my entire body was feeling like it was somehow crawling or something all over it. and now, it is only the right side of my chest  all down to my left hand. The point is that I don’t even need to smoke weed in order to have the problem, I can simply be around of some people that are smoking weed and then I immediately start to feel this intense pain. In fact, this is not a pain, this is like something else hard to explain, like my arm as well as my chest are simply crawling somehow so I am having this intense discomfort. I can say that I was already born with not healthy lungs due to the fact that my mother has smoked all the time when she was pregnant with me and she was smoking for good. and by “for good” I am talking that she was smoking so much that when my little brother was born he have had to go to a lung machine or something that would keep him alive (I’m not sure how that machine is called) and this is due to the fact that his lungs were in such a horrible condition.