Counterfeit drugs

beckzy

Hey folks, how are you? Today I woke up and I decided to read some of your posts here and the first thing that I noticed is that nobody has mentioned anything about counterfeit drugs but I think this is one very important subject that we should discuss about. I suddenly remembered what happened to one of my friends some year ago and I decided that it will be important to share this information with you as we are all living in this drugs world and facing the reality: sometimes we are getting counterfeit drugs. This happened some years ago and this was a lesson for me and for my family because we have seen how our family friend was dying. It has been such a scaring situation and at the same time unusual because nobody knew what to do. My friend has had headaches during one week continously and he decided to buy some ibuprofen to use.

No one of us has ever thought that such a drug like ibuprofen could make him nearly to die. After the first pill he didn’t felt anything, and I remember that he told me that it didn’t helped him with headaches (of course). The next day he decided to take the second pill and everything started with this moment. Because after 30 minutes when he have used the second pill he started to feel so bad, he have started to vomit and to faint all the time, then later after some hours he have had blood coming out from his nose. All of us have gotten very scared. I do understand that nose bleeding isn’t such a big thing, however it never happened to him and now it happened after taking that drug. too much of coincidence. Besides, sometimes bleeding nose can be dangerous... At the beginning we even didn’t thought that it could be because of the ibuprofen, especially because all of us used this drug pretty much throughout our lives and none of us have experienced something like this ever before.

His doctor was stoked and couldn’t explain this as to why this has happened, first of all because he told us that usually people have some bad sensations just if they use an overdose, but my friend explained to him that he have used 2 pills one today and another one the day before that so it was surely not an overdose.

Anyway after an investigation of the pills (with lab works), his doctor explained that the pills were counterfeit and that usually they are not equal to the original because people that counterfeit them use some substances that are very toxic for human body instead of the substances that are supposed to help you. they use it because those substances are cheap and if taking 1 pill of it you won’t feel anything (as it happened to my friend) but if you start using some more then this substance becomes toxic for our bodies.

I was very scared and I’m still scared all the time I decide or I have to take some drugs I’m scared not to have a counterfeit one. My doctor told me that I can ask him to examine the pills all the time I feel insecure, and I recommend you to do the same thing whenever you are getting some meds from a source that you are not 100% sure that they are containing whatever they need to have. This will help you to stay away of similar experience. My friend is okay now, but he could die because of these pills. I’m happy that he is okay now, and I hope that nobody will experience something like this.  I would also like to suggest you to take it more seriously, and all the time you experience some strange sensation after some pills, drugs.. to contact your doctor because it can be fatal sometimes and especially if you’re not letting anybody know about your current situation. I just want to help because lately more and more stuff is getting counterfeit and dangerous so we should be very careful. I wish you all to have a nice day and if there’s somebody who has any questions or some similar situation to share with us then write a comment. Below.

ErinSweet

OMG that’s awful and that’s truly scary: trying to relieve your headache with a bit of ibuprofen and being near death that’s not funny at all. I have experienced something similar with some antidepressant pills and after that experience I’m so scared to take other types of drugs. When I started to take the antidepressants I started to feel 10 times worse than I felt myself before taking the pills, my doctor didn’t knew what to do and everybody were scared about my life. I started to think about suicide and my doctor was shocked he couldn’t explain how antidepressant pills that were supposed to help me with my depression caused something that was worse my previous situation, after some days he decided to consult some other doctors and they have observed that the pills are different and that there is something wrong with them, at the end they found out that this is because they were counterfeit and the pills I was taking were not helping me with the depression.

I’m still scared and I have goosebumps when I remember those days, I hope that I will never experience something like this anymore.

Now I have a type of phobia face to all the pills and drugs that my doctor is offering me. I have a problem with my heart and I have to take some drugs but I’m so scared to take them the only thing that calms me is that I use the exact same kind of pills from the exact same source for a long time now and I am all fine. My doctor assured me that they are okay but I still can’t feel confident and can’t take them like before I’ve been taking in the past.

This is such a big problem for me. I’m scared all the time I see something wrong, even when my baby boy have had to take coughing syrup and I was scared about that too…I do know that I may seem a paranoid but I’m like that because as it has been said – lately everything is getting counterfeit and you never know what you are getting.

beckzy

I’m scared too and I understand what you are talking about, but  think that you have to stay calm, and if you don’t feel confident about any drug you take you have the opportunity to talk with your doctor and to ask him for a confirmation that the pills that you take are original. It is better to be on the safe side and reassure that what you are taking is exactly what it is supposed to be…

Coo

I do agree with the part that there are a lot of counterfeits out there. however, they are not dangerous. At least most of them. yeah, there are some counterfeit drugs that are dangerous for human use but most of them are not. it is true that those who are doing counterfeits they are simply putting something very cheap in the pills they do, however 90% or even more of the counterfeit drugs (tablets, pills, injectable whatever) is not dangerous. The danger of it is that the counterfeit that you take is not doing whatever it needs to do so you might end… bad because you have not got the effects that you should have gotten. The counterfeit ibuprofen that caused so many problem is exception. I was honestly shocked seeing that a counterfeit done it. maybe it really had something toxic in it. but that would rarely happen again. I have used pain killer drugs. My doctor then discontinued to give me those pills. I was suffering from lots of pain and I could not resist so that’s how I started to order pain killers online. I did read that there is risk of getting scammed by getting some counterfeit pain killers (I’ve read that pain killers drugs are most counterfeited drugs) and although I’ve tried not to get scammed (of course) in the end – I got. I have got some counterfeited pain killers and I was all fine besides the fact that those pills were not doing anything with my pains and I was living in huge pains…