Do I have premenopausal symptoms?

litalta

Hello,

Can someone answer my questions please? I never done a research on this problem and I'm out of ideas but I guess someone here can help me. So I am on about the end of my 3rd week of having my period, it goes normal then starting being quite heavy with a lot of blood clots. Afterwards I have almost no discharge at all and then back to my usual, normal period again. I skipped my period in March and it didn't start until now in April. I've had normal periods all my life that's why I am concerned now. I am 47 years old so I think I have all the chances for having premenopausal symptoms. I already said this that I am not an expert however I do have another theorem that it could be some hormone imbalance. Should I be worried? Can this lead to some serious health problems? I didn't visit my doctor due to his monthly trip in another country and I would really like to get some answers until then. If this is nothing serious I don't want to get some drugs until the doctor will see me. Any suggestions please?

Thanks,
Beatrice G.

Symone

Hello, i'm having the same issue and i know for sure that something isn't right. i skipped my period in march and it started only now in may and i have been on my period cycle for 12 days already which is unusual for me because I have had normal periods all my life . In general the same things are happening to me right know and i'm concerned with the same questions as you. Also some days it's really light and not bad at all but there are other days when are heavy with clotting. I will be 48 in september and that's why i'm wondering whether these might be pre menopausal symptoms. I also have worst pain ever felt in my life, it was feeling like cramps but much more worse than usual cramping. I am really glad that there is someone who share the same symptoms as me, i thought something really bad is going on with me. I have an appointment in few days and i hope that something is going to be clear after that. Also thank you all for support you have gave me. Best wishes everyone!

Neveraing

Hey ladies, I'm having my period going continuously for a little more than a month now and it still didn't stop. I'm 47 years old woman and I seem to be perfectly healthy. I exercise regularly mostly running 3 or 4 days a week without interruptions but because of this I have no energy and no speed. Sometimes the period seems to go a little lighter than usual and I'm thinking that it is going to stop but no, it still goes and he doesn't stop. Also I have had a heavy time like I used to have my normal periods and then I also have thought that it is going to stop after that but again no, it went a little lighter but still goes. First few weeks I thought that it is about to stop but now I really don't have any ideas when it is going to stop. Because of this I'm feeling tired and exhausted all the time, it really drains all my energy. I decided to visit a doctor and to ask him what's all this. He suggested I need to take some extra iron in order not to lose all the energy and to take some hormones to stop the period. I started to take the extra iron but I don't really like the idea of taking the hormones, I really would like to make it all natural. I thought that this is a symptom of premenopause and my doctor just confirmed it. I hope that with the help of the iron and with the new diet I'm going to start as well as going earlier to bed I'm going to get my normal life back. Now I really doubt that I'm fertile but I haven't thought of getting pregnant so I just need to stop the period and to feel normal again. Any ideas or any thoughts someone?

Shols1969

i know well what are you talking about because I am having pretty much the same thing. I have been having my period for more than a month now. from time to time it seems that it is getting a little lighter and it seemed for me that after this, it is would come to an end, however, no, it never ends. I don’t know for sure how much I’m going to have it. but that’s a very long time now. now, approximately one week ago it got very and very heavy (I mean, if comparing to how it used to be in the past) and it was like my usual and normal period I used to have in the past, this is the reason why I thought that maybe after this I’m going to get back on the track, once again, no, it is still there and it is still hanging on and once again I’m not sure for how long it is going to go. lately I have noticed that I am feeling myself very and very tired (in fact, that’s normal, after the last month…) and I also have a feeling like a need some extra iron (again, I think this is normal). I am exercising very regularly. I do run at least 4 days per week but usually 5 days a week and I can now say that my energy and my speed are both terrible now. however, I’m going to try to make my best to keep in shape. After I have been searching for symptoms online, I have understood that I am having premenopause that is why I refuse to go to the doctor. Honestly, I don’t want any hormones (I want everything naturally) and I also have been diagnosed with uterine fibroids long time ago that is why I’m just trying to watch carefully my diet more strictly and to go to bed earlier. I just want to suggest you all to hang in there when it happens. Not so long ago I have turned 46 and in my opinion I’m in for a bumpy ride, anyway, I’m now not worried at all about being or not fertile. That’s not a problem for me right now. I have been thinking for a very long time that I don’t want children anymore, in fact, I’m now too old for this. haha. hope you would all be fine.