doctors don't believe my pains

Donnelly

Hi Elizabeth Dangar. I just wanted to reply here because the your words, about the fact that it is sad and that you believe that it is going to get even worse than how it is now. sadly but indeed, you are right, it is very sad but true. I think that it is very insightful and coming from somebody who is not pretending, who’s not hoping and not depending on, but from somebody who does understand and realizes the truth and the future for what it is and for what it is going to be. To be honest, I am thinking that there are still a lot of those who are living in so much pain that they either cannot grasp what it is happening now or they simply refuse to believe in it and that’s it and I am thinking that in time things are going to get better again, doctors are going prescribe, the scripts would finally get filled and their life of pain is going to become at least somehow tolerance one more time.

Everything that I can tell for those who do believe that this is going to come about is that I am both saddened and sorry for all of them. I am thinking that this is why, when there’s anybody who is finding their way here, it is so very much important than only the end to a searching for any type of medications. I think that it is taking a stand, finding a way, doing something proactive for your own health and so on. and that, in itself, is building the self confidence and it is starting to turn bad into something good.

So, when you are going to add in the knowledge of and knowledge from, finding other people who are in the exact same situation as yourself, very often the very same conditions as you and with no where to turn, I am finding that there are many people here have went from down and totally defeated to happy and kind of inspirational. And I am feeling that it is the oneness of companionship which is driving this, even more than the medications that are found.

So well, I just really want to congratulate every single member in here, who is taking a part of this topic for taking a stand and doing something in order to take their lives back and to live it painlessly. And having this said, please somebody tell me how wrong are we for trying to make things right? for trying to live a painless life? This is not what anybody envisioned or wished upon themselves, be sure about that. we don’t take meds because we want it. trust me, I would rather not take anything at all, but if I don’t then I can’t live so I would rather chose to live.

I can even dare to say that in case every single person from here, if they were all being treated properly, if they were all would be prescribed the meds that they truly need by their md’s correctly then there’s nobody who would be here, there would be nobody who would gladly trade the membership of a forum and to order the medications that they need online from it. all of this is done because what we have reached, where we’ve got.

Julieta

Here’s what I have used to see with friends who have had chronic pain problems and no authorized and effective method to keep under control that pain, then they would self medicate with alcohol ad with OTC medications. and I think that this is a very and very big problem due to the fact that almost all of the OTC medications out there are either going to harm your liver (like for example acetaminophen) or they would harm your kidneys (like for example ibuprofen and naproxen) in case you are taking them for a too long period of time and when it is combined with alcohol as they are doing it then it can do an irreversible liver or kidney damage very and very rapidly. Of course you cannot find a lot, a whole lot about the organ damage and maybe even death from the long term OTC medications use or from OTC medications used with alcohol, however I think that those drugs and that combination of things has most likely done even more damage to an bigger number of people than what has done opiate over use or misuse. But it is not “sexy” as long as news coverage goes, it is not political and so it is not part of the conversation about what to do regarding of the pain management for chronic pain conditions. However I still think that people are going to do whatever they need to do in order to face the chronic pain and keep it under the control and in case they are not going to be given access to appropriately and legally supervised medical pain management then sure thing they are going to think and then to choose some other riskier methods. And I don’t judge anyone, this is absolutely normal when the person cannot resist than pain anymore. this is what have happened in the 60s, in the 70s as well as in the 80s before the medical profession has started to take the pain seriously, and my worry is that in case nothing is going to be changed soon then it is going to happen once again.

RoseDee

Oh yeah, Pantoja, I do know what you are talking about because reading what you’ve wrote up there is like I have written this myself. I do remember that time when I felt normal, I could easily go to family gatherings, to get drunk and to have a good time and generally to feel amazing. I remember that life I’ve been used to have and I start crying, I would really do anything in order to have that life of mine back and not having any answers as to why I am feeling like I am a freaking sh*t, it really makes me want to punch every single doctor right in the face when I see them. I am so tired. I am tired of sitting, of not being able to do anything, of “ouching” and moaning every day. I really am very tired. I do not want that fu**ing couch to be my best friend anymore. With the help of this forum as well as my own research I am finally being able to get some relief most of the month, however most of my days are still a very big struggle for me that I would like to get rid of. I want this pain to disappear. I want to feel fine.

hamish

RoseDee… reading your comment it hit right in my feels. I think that it is very depressing when thinking that there are many of us who may never have that “normal” life back again that each one of us desires so much. this thought makes me extremely depressed and this thought comes into my mind every single day. at some point, with the way that the medicine is advancing, I think that many of us “might” be able to finally have their normal days once again and this is what makes me feel at least a little bit better. I for one have not felt normal and pain free for a very long time now and this is very depressing for me. the only time that I have ever really feeling fine in the past has been 5 years ago when was the week right after the decompression surgery I have had. Since that moment, it truly seems to me like I have been fighting an uphill battle and I am just wondering if I would ever be right, feeling fine, again… I really hope that medicine would evolve enough and we would get the help we deserve.

hamish

RoseDee… reading your comment it hit right in my feels. I think that it is very depressing when thinking that there are many of us who may never have that “normal” life back again that each one of us desires so much. this thought makes me extremely depressed and this thought comes into my mind every single day. at some point, with the way that the medicine is advancing, I think that many of us “might” be able to finally have their normal days once again and this is what makes me feel at least a little bit better. I for one have not felt normal and pain free for a very long time now and this is very depressing for me. the only time that I have ever really feeling fine in the past has been 5 years ago when was the week right after the decompression surgery I have had. Since that moment, it truly seems to me like I have been fighting an uphill battle and I am just wondering if I would ever be right, feeling fine, again… I really hope that medicine would evolve enough and we would get the help we deserve.

LeHestake

Oh well, my doctor does know that I am all in pain, however he is having his own ideas on how much narcotic pains to prescribe to me. He did has mentioned the DEA in our discussion as well, in that in case I go over a certain amount of narcotic medicines then the DEA is going to be more involved and the bigger the amount, the more they would involve in. To be honest with you, I really do not know how to explain that involvement, however I can think that it is just more paper work or more of a chance of an audit, I guess? I really can’t be sure and I don’t know, but that’s my opinion. But because of the fact that those drugs that can help us so much are so so hard to get but they are the only ones helping us so much is just making me crazy and getting out of my mind. There is a part of me that really wants and thinks about quitting with the narcotic medicines due to the fact that they are so hard to get and I am being paranoid that I am going to be cut off somehow of them without even being warned about it. this thought really scares the sh*t out of me and this is why I am doing exactly as my doctor is telling me to do to letter. However, there’s the other part of me who truly wants to get the an increased dosage to an such an amount that is going to allow me to be a more active as well as dependable individual. And I do know that a higher amount of narcotic medicine would allow me to do it. I am only saying the way I am now is most likely going to prolong my restricted life in my recliner with my legs up due to the fact that it’s the only way to ease the pains that I am having now. it is surely not fair that any of us have to go through this kind of life, these pains and so on. I truly think that if those drugs were not so villanized we really might have a little bit more of a chance of using them and being confident that they are not going to be taken anyway. this is the glitch that is getting me every single time I am thinking about it, they could very easily be taken away. I think that we are at the mercy of our doctor and the DEA as well and I hate this fact because they might not understand what we’re going through, but we still live and function at their mercy. And most likely, they don’t understand. And to be honest, I hate being anybody’s mercy.

Derrick

so well, I have already posted, however your post has me riled up once again. to be honest, I do not think that male doctors are believing in fibromyalgia. I do feel that I’ve somehow been branded as a drug seeker, I can feel it. my shrink it is compassionate, however her duties are pretty limited. My hmo is also very limited as well and how do I know that my records are not going to be passed from my current doctor to a new one, to a female one? but until that time I am dependent on the “illegal” tramadols and wait until I am going to have a seizures. I pretty much think that this is the proverbial choice of the DEA…

eorels1970

Hi RoseDee, maybe you have treated the disease but if not I'm really sorry, I heard a lot of people with the same problems that doctors wouldn't help their patients, but anyway don't give up and find new doctors or try to do more test that will confirm your pain or most of them said that problem is in your head try to go at the psychiatrist I'm sure that your problem has a solution it just needs more time don't give up and you'll find your condition