Fibroids with vaginal discharge

pecita

Hi. I have a problem. I have got some very large fibroids, my uterus is feeling like it is just about the size of a pretty large grapefruit or something (16-18 wk). for the most part, they are not giving me too much problems except the fact that I am feeling full most of the time and I am keeping myself thinner than I am usual so I won’t look like I am too pregnant. So well my menstrual cycle is regular (I am not on BC and my cycle it is every 28-30 days) and even more recently it started to be only 5 to 6 days as well as it has become normal because it is *normally heavy* only for a day or so. I’m telling this because compared to how they used to be there’s a huge difference: it used to be 12 to 15 days, was not regular and changing my pad was something that I was doing the entire day because I had to do it every 30 minutes, maximum once every 45 minutes because if I was leaving it more I was already spotted. This has been happening this way for the first 3 to 5 days in the past. Those days I was out, I was unable to do anything at all (plus, the tampons were totally out of the question when I have been flowing so hard). I have went from passing the large clots and even passed a fibroid to normal again (by the way, it has been like I was giving birth).

So well, my fibroids really seemed that they have slowed down in growing so fast as they used to in the past, that is why I really hope that with the menopause that it is right around the corner, they are going to shrink… hopefully. However, in the meantime, I am having this issue and I have seen a lot of doctor and each one of them it is just scratching their heads pretending that they are honestly concerned about my problem and all of them also pretend that they are thinking saying “hmm… let me see” and in the very end it is giving me no answer. None of them. I have already got used to this cr*p. having all of this said, here it is my problem… I warn that it can be a little gross (in fact… very gross, so I am sorry).

So well, after my cycle comes to the end (and after all the yuk is gone) I am going this clear discharge that it is smelling very alike to a dirty butt… well. I do know that most of you went like “dirty butt” what?? WTF?? Um… yeah, that’s the way it is. it really doesn’t not smell like fishy, it is not metallic, it is not cheesy clumps, and it is also not yellow or green or whatever… it is clear without a color and it is a very much if talking about its amount. And yeah… it smells very funky… really like a dirty butt. And yeah, this is happening without any pre warning or something and from as I could notice, this is just about a week after my cycle is ending (or so). And yeah… you’ve got it right, I do soak my panty liner as well as my underwear when this is happening. So well, in the past, until I have got those fibroids, I have never ever had anything like that. plus, every woman that I have talked with about this problem  has told me that she never experienced anything like this kind of issue. The thing is that I could not find anyone who has something similar and it made me think that I am all alone with this issue. Is this true? is there somebody else who has ever had this? I would really like to know if you have ever stopped this problem and obviously tell me HOW you have done it. my last hope is on menopause. Can anyone of you tell me whether should I rely on the fact that menopause would end it all? please, any type of help would be very appreciated!

Bedeencion1980

Hello pecita. There’s one thing I can’t really understand: why, exactly, your docs can’t help you ? I mean I think that the best way to know the cause for this awful smelling discharge is to get it all tested and in this way you can identify the organism through the smear test and culture test. It is not so hard to do it, as soon as it is identified then the meds that can cure it can be started to be given to you. what I can’t understand about why your doc can’t help is: did he tested the discharge? If no then tell him about this if yes: did he identified the organism? If no then ask another doc to do it, if yes then: did he gave you a med for that? if no then ask another doc to do it for you, if yes then does it help? – I assume that the answer would be no anyway if we have got until here (otherwise you won’t write this post) and then you – once again, ask another doc to give you a proper med. A professional doctor should be able to identify it for you and to give you a proper medicine.

Besides, do not forget that you should get your partner also treated simultaneously (and tested) and you should avoid intercourse in the time you are on the treatment so you would avoid chances of getting re – infected.

What I can recommend is to keep the area dry as well as wearing some loose cotton undergarments. Also you should get a repeated ultrasound scan done in order to be sure that the fibroids are really shrinking in size. I wish you good luck and take care of yourself.

Emillie Amillie

No, you are not alone and yep I do know what you are talking about because I am now getting the exact same thing and now that I’ve seen your post I simply could not pass by without writing that I have the same. What pisses me off is that it seems that all the docs everything what they do is to look unbelieving like what I am telling them is an non sense or they could not care less. but this is a real problem for me because it is ruining my 2nd marriage and I would really want to get it fixed. My periods are slightly different from yours, but all periods are different – mine are going on for up to 8 days or so and a bit later, this extremely disgusting stink comes and I have tried a lot of things to do for treating it starting with some mainstream medications to some alternatives, nothing cures it. I am currently at my wits end and I really try hard to deal with this situation. This condition of mine isn’t ruining only my marriage but also my work because those heavy periods are an incredible disaster combined with my work, especially because it is a man oriented environment. I do know that it sounds gross… but I have to change my pads extremely often because if I don’t I risk that somebody could smell it. it would really feel very awkward. I can’t wear pads for long times. As you said. it seems that the heavy periods are somehow related to this condition. But since you said that your period started to normalize in every aspect, I hope that this stink would also go away. Anyway, I’m living in stress now. this ruins my life. I am currently extremely temped to have a partial hyster… but yeah. I know very well that it could cause me even more hormone imbalance and I have heard and read information about it that in some cases it could bring on fibromyalgia (especially thinking about the fact that fibromyalgia is running in my family). I am scheduled to a naturopath that is specialized especially in women/hormones etc. and I hope so damn much that he would be able to help me. because if he won’t then I really have no ideas who would… any of your help would be very much appreciated! Thank you a lot! to be honest I doubt that I would receive any help here… I just wanted to let you know you’re not alone.

CaitlynNn

So, hi ladies. I think I do know what is the smell you are talking about. I am 35 years old now but I have been diagnosed with fibroids when I have been 25 years. I am also a RN. I have also started to notice this horrible smell approximately one year and a half ago and as you said, this awful smell is every time AFTER my period and it appears pretty much after the same amount of days after my periods are ending. Of course I did have mentioned this to my obgyn, however she was clueless what is this. I mean, she did tested me for a lot of organisms but everything she tested was negative showing only good results. well, later my fibroids became very symptomatic (they have gotten so bad that reached the point of severe anemia) and I did have had the UFE procedure (which is Uterine Fibroid Embolization). For those who don’t know what I am talking about I will try to help you. this procedure is cutting the blood supply off to the fibroids and by doing so it is either shrinking them or it is killing them altogether. So well, approximately 1 month and a half to 2 months later after I have had the procedure done, I started to observe that the smell is even more intense than how it has used to be along with the discharge being more. so well, in order to make all the long story a bit shorter: I have ended up to pass (yep.. vaginally) a strange submucosal fibroid within the uterine cavity. That fibroid has become necrotic (dead) due to the procedure. That smell that I have had was very awful, however it was familiar (to an even more intense degree). I can’t be sure, of course, however I have a theory that this smell is coming from the intracavitary as well as submucosal fibroids that are sloughing. So well, the whole fibroid it is not dead, however maybe some portions are. Currently, I am getting ready to have one other procedure that it is called Myosure, if you have not heard about it then I suggest you to look up after it online. that’s basically a scope that it is going into the cervix and then a tool is slicing off the fibroid in the cavity. Not sure, but I think that if we would completely treat fibroids then this is what would help us. That’s the answer to my problems. to our problems. besides, it is true that you need to find a doc that it is a good professional AND it is willing to help. docs who don’t care they won’t treat you. find a competent doctor who is willing to investigate! Unfortunately, we all know that they are not always ample. I suggest you not to give up and to fight with this. I noticed that all of us have this stink but we also have fibroids. Only Emillie Amillie said that she didn’t had it – but she said that it runs in the family. Emillie Amillie, go and check yourself. Maybe, in fact, you already DO have it but you have not been diagnosed?

Bribeireeed50

Hello there dear CaitlynNn, I am having the exact same thing that you are now describing and it is hard for me to deal with it. the only difference between your situation and mine is that the bad smelling vaginal discharge started to appears approximately 2 months ago which is about 5 months after I have had the UFE procedure (yeah, I’ve also had it). now it is 6 months (about half a year) after I’ve had the procedure and I am now very desperate in solving this problem. also, I have also heard about the Myosure procedure but I don’t know whether should I do it or no. that is why, I really really want you to come with an update here after you would have it. please. and if you are willing to tell me what your doc told you about this procedure. Please, anything…