Flexeril vs Soma and vs Zanaflex

malefick

Hi all. As you can see in the title, I would really like to talk about these 3 drugs and to get a bit of your help. not so long ago I have tried flexeril in order to help with back pain that I’ve been having and as a bonus it helped me to sleep calm down the anxiety I have either and this kinda was unexpected. however, to be honest I really do not have any knowledge of muscle relaxants so I have been thinking that maybe somebody here can help me a bit with this, with a bit of information. I have been driving myself crazy while I have been trying to figure out which one would be the best to order for me and for my condition, if I should stick with the flexeril or I should better not. I have been wondering now how does zanaflex and some are comparing to flexeril. Are either of them any stronger? Or maybe are any of them more sedating? Do either one of them help with the pain more? also I think that it is important to take in consideration the fact that I also have anxiety and it seems to me that flexeril did helped me with the anxiety.

Suffes

Hello there OP, I am going to try to help.

Do you want something that it is going to help you to sleep? If that’s so then I can tell you that my doctor is having me on Notriptyline, for my hip as well as for the shoulder pain that it is flaring up mostly during the night and so making me unable to get any sleep. It is also helping you very much, besides sleep, with anxiety as well. I personally have also been using Baclofen and I am currently using Flexeril. The baclofen does not make me any tired as it does Flexeril, so I am thinking that I could switch back to that for now. I do need something that I am able to take during the day, so I can work, something that does not make me dizzy and so I can continue working. let me know if you decide in the end to try the Soma, trying to find the right combination it is oh… so frustrating and hard. I do know it and this is why I wish you good luck with your searching.

By the way, an doctor’s advice might be helpful, talk with one.

DuckYou

Hey there OP, look, not sure if this would be for you either but when I have used to have some back issues I have been prescribed Flexeril during the day and Soma during the night because soma helped me to sleep better while flexeril didn’t made me feel that sleepy. It has been my doctor’s advice and it worked out fine. the soma seemed to sedate me more and so it made me really drowsy, however has been a little bit better with the pain and to help me sleep normally. I really hope that this is going to help you out at least a bit.

Triaca

So well, look, flexeril that it is taken during the night is making me feel very drowsy the next morning or in case I am taking it during the day then it makes me feel the same. Zanaflex is making you to sleep good, at least it did it for me, it is relieving the neck as well as the back pains much more better than flexeril does. But then again, these drugs are working this way personally for me, not sure how they would work for other people. And lately, Soma seems to be much stronger than the other ones, it can make you even dizzy and more addictive it to, it does relieve the pain the best. Soma it is short acting and if you are going to take it every single day then you are going to build up a tolerance to it which I do not recommend that is why I think that the best method to use it is occasionally only. And lately, the flex are 4 bucks at some pharmacies and they are not addictive. I think that taking all the points in consideration there is not a “best one”. there’s a best pain killer, a best non addictive, a best taken for a certain kind of pain, a best taken in a certain period in a day, a best for a certain person and so on. not an overall best one. I’m pretty sure about that!

malefick

Hey there all, is there anybody who could possibly recommend me a site for flexeril? Please. not so long ago I did have tried out soma and I have found that it is way too short acting for me and it does make me feel extremely super drowsy, it makes me feel that way to the point that I am not able to stop from continuously yawning, I have actually found that I am feeling very and very tense and very uncomfortable the next morning, this is why I am thinking that I am going to stick from now with flexeril. And this is why I need somebody to help me find a good site for it.

Also, I have been thinking about trying out the zanaflex due to the fact that it does seem to be able to find it for a bit cheaper price and this is amazing as I am broke now. is any of you who knows if zanaflex is lasting as long as flexeril does? Thank you in advance

Thadestal63

“Hey there all, is there anybody who could possibly recommend me a site for flexeril? “

Regarding this question of yours, you should know that we are not allowed to post any specific sites on this forum (or at least that’s how I think) so this is why you shouldn’t wait for anybody to respond to your question, I think. However, I did have tried both the flexeril and so I can tell you that I personally have found that Soma is much more helpful that Flexeril so I would recommend you Soma instead of it. I have found that Flexeril is completely dehydrating me and so I am feeling terrible the entire next day. anyway, these have been only my 2 cents that might or might not help someone. I do know very well that everybody is reacting differently to the drugs so who knows how you personally would react? And also regarding this last question of yours:

“any of you who knows if zanaflex is lasting as long as flexeril does? “

I’m sorry but I can’t really help you here… maybe somebody else would respond.

Ernest

So well, look… zanaflex is having a very short half life, at least much shorter than others so well this is having some benefits for me that I really like. This is not an addictive thing and it does help me to sleep without to give me that rubber band man feeling in the next morning after taking it and I like it a lot. I do like it as it helps me a lot and it does not give me any side effects, or at least any side effects that would make me feel very bad. In fact, I only have one single side effects which is that I am experiencing a pretty dry mouth from it but that’s not that big of a problem because you can keep a lemon drop handy and it gets you rid of the problem, with a lot of water, of course. Not sure if this info would help you, but I guess so.

OZBorn

Hey there everyone, to be honest with you guys, I think that carisoprodol trumps absolutely all of the muscle relaxers out there. I am having some extremely extremely bad back spasm from the fact that I have 8 (yeah… 8) herniated discs, one crushed and one torn. By the way, I am also having some more, other issues as well, however I guess there is no need to mention all of them here, plus I think that you do not really care that much about it so… I am in the outside sales and I am driving appointment to appointment about 5 days per week, every week but still, I am very glad that I am working out of my home office so I am glad for whatever I have. so well at any rate, I have tried every single muscle out there that it is available because when you’re in so much pain you try to do everything that’s possible to get you rid of it, even spending money for each one of them. so, I can tell you that there’s nothing that can be compared to Soma, or at least for me and my kind of pains. And, talking about it a little bit more specifically and being more honest with you, there are a lot of the generic somas that are truly very bad, they are totally terrible. Like for example the Watson (DAN imprint) are the most potent than all of the others if comparing. Or maybe except for maybe the brand Wallace, maybe or maybe not.

not addictive, yeah, in case if they are being taken every single for an extended period of time then tolerance is obviously going to raise (as you build up tolerance to everything at all). however, what I really like about it is that I am being able to stop at any given time without any physical withdrawal at all. I guess that I do not need to mention that it is cheaper than all of the other MR’s that are being mentioned. If I would be you then I would try all of them myself and then decide which is better because while soma is the best for me, as you can see, soma is the 2nd or maybe even the third choice for somebody else so, there’s nothing like “the best” as it has been said by somebody else above. so just go and try them all and see what it works for you (though I think that soma would be the best lol).

Garofalo

Yeah, the previous user is right, soma is indeed helpful and maybe the best choice for a lot of people, however I personally have found soma to be one of the milder muscle relaxants out there, but again, personally for me. Tizanidine, diazepam, orphenadrine, tolperisone, chlorzoxazone, baclofen, chlormezanone as well as pridinol are all way much more effective in my experience, for me. While the strongest one for me by far has been, of course, Tizadinine (brands – Sirdalud, Zanaflex). I can tell you that it is related to clonidine and it is highly sedating, that is why I am not going to take it in the daytime unless you do know how to respond to it. as somebody else has said it, it is able to leave you with an very dry mouth after it is taken and that’s especially when you have firstly started to take it and your body haven’t really got used to the drug.

V Finn

Hey there guys, I do not like flexeril at all, honestly, nots ure how you’re taking it but for me it doesn’t work as you said that it does for you. maybe I am more sensible or not sure, but it makes me way too groggy during the day when I take it and so I am not able to function on a normal basis and it also gives me the night sweats as well as low level nightmares during the night which makes me unable to get a proper sleep. In other words, it doesn’t matter when I take it – I can’t do whatever I need. The first time that I have taken it, my back has been out so bad that I was not able to stand or to move because of the spasms so bad that I was having. everything that I have been able to do has been to lie on the living room floor and stay there like I was up to die. So well, I have taken then 2 flexerils because I could not stand that pain anymore so then I have went into some kind of a zombie state, some kind of s horror show state for the next day (full 24 hours) after I’ve taken them. didn’t expected that I would get anything like that so I was worried a lot back then.

Then later I have tried the soma and I can tell you guys that it is working far more better for me during the night as I am able to use it without any negative side effects at all and without any hang over the next or the same day, however I have noticed that when it knocks me (because it surely does) then it keep me for too much during the day. however, in case I am flat on my back anyway then that is pretty fine though. So well, definitely my choice is soma. No doubt. I did have complaied to my Gp about the flexeril side effects that I have got them and she is still prescribing it to me when my back is flaring up very badly and it makes me feel like she doesn’t listen to me and to what I’m telling her. I am totally refusing to even take it or think about taking it and not even the script to the drugstore. I simply shred it completely the same minute because I truly hate that stuff and the way it makes me feel. Sometimes I am thinking that I would rather be in pain than to feel how it makes me feel so not, thanks. I rather go for soma which is far more better for me. I wish you good luck and regardless what is working for you, I hope that you’ll be fine. Be it soma or flexeril, the most important is that you should feel fine.

Gilley

Hello there all, you’ve got to keep in mind that flexeril it is in a class of the tricyclic anti depressants and they are third line treatment for the depression due to them being so dirty. And you’ve got to know that they do not really help with the muscle spasms nearly at all, any of the relief that was probably from the feeling of being a zombie it is both from a physical as well as mental stand point. This in the time zanaflex of instant release is working much more better than the currently patented extended release version. It is working a lot much more better than flexeril does for muscle spasms I am suffering from. it is a pretty clean feeling other than to knock you on your @ss for the next 8 hours or even more in case you are taking too much of it. and now lately about soma. It has worked really very and very well for the spams that I have got, however it has also caused an horrific physical fatigue to the point of lying in bed not to be able to move or to get up at all unless I have felt like my bladder has been just about to explode or I have been going to sh*t my pants. Most likely I am thinking that I have had a very weird reaction to in the term of the really and really bad fatigue due to the fact that 100 mg per day has been still knocking me on my @ss after about 2 weeks of using it. should have taken it less than that.

TimeTim

So well look, I am going to post just my experience with the 3. Firstly: flexeril has worked pretty well for me, however I have then found myself getting a little bit agitated because of it so surely it is not a drug that I should take at night. during the day might be a good idea but sometimes this agitation is annoying. The second zanaflex worked fine too but it has caused my blood pressure to go down a little bit too low (but I have to mention that it done it, however I am also on some blood pressure medications as well so..) and now the third and the last: soma, I think that this one has worked the best for me, however I have developed later a tolerance to it. when just started to use it I have been using only 1 pill, however now I need to 2 for getting a good effect. I also have noticed that it is having some different effects for me differently at times. Sometimes, out of the blue I’ll get the “jelly legs”.

brownscott

As somebody who have mentioned above that zanaflex (tizanidine) it is lowering your blood pressure, that’s definitely true because I have also noticed that this medicine is making my blood pressure to go way too down. I can tell you (from what I have researched after I have noticed that) that tizanidine it is rpetty much similar to clonidine (catapress) which is mainly used to patients having hypertension, so it is not that surprising that it lowers your blood pressure. I think that it is surely something for people that are on high blood pressure medications (like me) to keep in their mind. I have noticed this not so long ago and so I am going to talk with my doctor and tell him about it. I’ve seen stories when people have been taking only the zanaflex for both the blood pressure and pain which means that they were killing 2 birds with only one single shot.

Wheely

Hey. Lately I have purchased a little bit tizanadine for myself, it has been 2 mg and cost approximately 35 cents or so. I really do want to get into trouble by posting that source here online so I won’t. I really do like it but it does not really put me into sleep. To take it with something else it is pretty good. I have always been looking for some new combinations in order to help me to go to sleep because insomnia is the freaking biggest problem that I am having and I would like to know how you deal with insomnia…

Turitch

so well, hi guys. I can tell you that soma is working the very best personally for me, however it also is really messing me up which I do not like at all, my entire body is feeling jelly and it is getting really really hard for me to walk without to hold onto something or someone. It is some kind of a very strange euphoria and this is the reason why it is very addicting for me and I can’t be sure if this is good. it is also fast acting. Flexeril have made me way too tired when using it and I really do not liked it so I never took it again. soma made me feel a bit strange and unwanted feeling, but flexeril made me way too tired. Regarding the other one I have not tried it and so I can’t say anything about it. but I just notice that here people are saying some various reports on how they felt on the same thing…. so only god knows how it would make feel you!

Garofalo

Oh well, the degree to of which tizanidine it is making people feel sleepy it is surely seem to vary from one person to another one. I personally do find it very often to help me to get some more sleep than a regular hypnotic, to be honest, however then I do know a couple of people who really do not get any particular tired or sleepy feeling or whatever else in this matter when they are using it. as said by a lot of people: we’re all differently reacting when taking drugs.

I did have mentioned some time earlier in a comment that I personally found Carsiprodol (soma) pretty mild if I would compare it with other muscle relaxants. So well, I did have tried a different brand (Gencari, that it is made by Gencova) today and I’ve got to tell you that it has been pretty much a lot more effective than the brand that I had in the past. I can tell you that when I took it, it felt pretty much equivalent to approximately 10 mg of diazepam or so, it did helped my spine pain a little bit either. I could actually stand straight for a while then. So very well, I can guess that reactions to the most, if not all, medicines are, in fact a subject to individual variation and as I can see here, most people do agree with this.

Garofalo

Hi again. I have a taken a soma the other day along with other pain medicine (such as Neurontin, tramadol, temgesic) and approximately one hour later or so I have been standing in the hospital waiting for my appointment because of how I was feeling, when I have suddenly realized that I have been feeling extremely spacey. To be honest, this is the very first time that I have felt any type of the euphoria from the pain medicines that I have been taking in YEARS now, I have forgot how it is like to feel it. I have to tell you that I did not get the same feeling today after I have taken the exact same combination, that is why I’ve been thinking that it must be a one-off. It is pretty strange, I think, how drugs are working sometimes…