Foods for our brain

VictoryA

As you can see, I would like to talk about brain foods because, a proper brain functionality is, obviously, essential. So brain foods – from adults, and children and even fetus.

I’ve should say that in the time that I have been pregnant I really wanted to be all sure that I am going t do absolutely the best thing that I can to be able to do in terms of health in order to produce the most healthy human that I possibly could. Now, I can say that with certitude that mission is accomplished. That’s because our child is amazing and perfectly healthy. Now, I must say – there are prenatal vitamins with DHA – they support that brain growth in the time that you are pregnant, these are something that I would recommend to all pregnant women. Next thing is fish oil. I guess we all heard about fish oil, that’s because it is indeed that healthy and that’s essential for our brain as well as for other things that our body needs. The fish oil it is amazing at promoting healing from the inside out, it is an very good mood stabilized, it is a good memory booster as well as it is helping joints. You might think why would a child need something to that would help with joints but I tell you this, so your child can avoid joint issues later in his/ her life – give them fish oil now. Another brain food that does miracles – coconut oil. This is exactly as important as it is amazing for brain development and plus to that, it also has like a million of other uses as well, like for example it makes your skin and hair glow (makes both of them healthier). Plus, that’s an amazing all natural diaper cream as well. Burt’s Bees are making the absolute best ointment out there. I honestly think that you must look it up, you are not going to get disappointed, that’s for sure. Another thing which I would recommend you all to look at is Sorghum. It might not be as popular but it is exactly as important too. It has the trace minerals that are needed in order to be absolutely fully healthy and fit off most of the illness. Needless to say that for having a healthy body and making sure your child is healthy you would need to look at it more. And now, the next and the final one is honey. Local raw honey! I really think that if you’re going to take regularly all of these in the time that you are going to be pregnant – your fetus would be absolutely healthy. Also continuing to take them after you gave birth and to give them to your child would provide a longer healthier life. Nobody says that you can believe me by my word on the fact that they are indeed so so helpful. You could go online and start reading more about each one of them. Really hoping this is going to be helpful for some of you guys.

Vaughan

Oh wow. Thank you so much! I am not even planning on getting pregnant anytime soon, however I should say that I am still using all of these. I guess I am preparing for the time when I’m gonna be pregnant from now. LOL anyway, really amazing recommendations, thanks. Especially good it should be for those who didn’t know about them and especially more for those who didn’t know about them and wanted to get pregnant. Whatever the case, thank you.

McAuley

Thank you very much OP for that list. I appreciate taking your time and trying to help other people. I just keep on forgetting to get the fish oil every time when I am going to the Rite Aid, and just got back. But I am thinking/ telling myself to get the fish oil for quite a while now. Also, if that’s possible, please tell me more about the coconut oil and how someone should take it? I mean, I knew that coconut oil should be beneficial, but I never thought that it can be ‘too much’ or ‘so essential’ or anything like that. So thank you for sharing it. I just have heard some indeed good things about it in last year. Also I must say that related to fish oil it is salmon in general if I’m not being wrong and I personally want it either fresh or even the canned one it is good made into a good salad. I guess that I’m lucky that I like them, I am thinking what about those who do not really like them? They kind of MUST take them for staying healthy, but they don’t like them…

Wiggins

Coconut oil is indeed amazing, I is having a lot of methods to be used. In fact, there doesn’t seem to be much that you just cannot use coconut oil for. I mean, it is used for everything and everywhere. I have seen people use it for even lotion or face cream. I have seen people putting it on their hair for making their hair healthier and bigger in volume, they are using to cook with it, they are using to bake with it, and I have also seen it in smoothies as well. Drinks/ foods/ creams topical and internal etc. etc. people, again, use coconut oil for everything. It is amazing.

char lotte

Oh yeah, guys, I do agree with you on the coconut oil part. It is amazing and it does wonders for nearly everything you want. Besides all of what has been already mentioned above, my boyfriend is also doing oil pulling with coconut oil. I mean… basically he’s putting a tsp of coconut oil in his mouth and is pulling it through his teeth and is just working it until the oil is going to be absolutely cleared. Well, he said that he does it because it is being supposed to help to clean and to remove the tartar and the plaque from his teeth, and he also said that it helps with infections even. I personally have not tried it so far, but he has been on a kick for a while. I think that later I am going to give it a try because although I am not having any teeth issues, I don’t want to develop any so this should keep the teeth problems away. Whatever the case, one sure thing is that there are indeed a lot of uses for it and I think that there must be even more than only those mentioned here. In fact, I have not yet tried to google yet ‘all the uses for coconut oil’ but I guess that I am going to start my reading now.

McAuley

Hey there, I just wanted to say that I am very and very thankful to you for this part: *I mean… basically he’s putting a tsp of coconut oil in his mouth and is pulling it through his teeth and is just working it until the oil is going to be absolutely cleared. Well, he said that he does it because it is being supposed to help to clean and to remove the tartar and the plaque from his teeth, and he also said that it helps with infections even*

I really appreciate it because I am having tartar build up issues now that I would like to get rid but they have to be worked up by a dental hygienist regularly, of course, however I would like to try coconut oil for this, and that’s especially for after I am getting my teeth cleaned next. Please, could you recommend one, either by brand or ‘kind of store’… like for example, health and food store, or maybe just some drugstore or a supermarket or anything? If your boyfriend says that it is really helpful then I would really like to try what your boyfriend has been doing with the ‘pulling’ and it really sounds as though it can be very good for the gums. I simply just don’t know whether you can get just any old coconut oil, or if I need to go and get that something that it is anyhow special or something in that matter. Generally, I would like to find out as much as possible about this because it did got my attention as I would like to get rid of the tartar and other teeth issues only by using coconut oil pulling. Natural, I guess, is always better. In the meantime, I am going to look around, but so far, thanks. Hope I will find some responses online and I really hope that you’re gonna answer me back!

char lotte

I am just going to try to help you with a little bit in regards to this part:

Please, could you recommend one, either by brand or ‘kind of store’… like for example, health and food store, or maybe just some drugstore or a supermarket or anything? If your boyfriend says that it is really helpful then I would really like to try what your boyfriend has been doing with the ‘pulling’ and it really sounds as though it can be very good for the gums. I simply just don’t know whether you can get just any old coconut oil, or if I need to go and get that something that it is anyhow special or something in that matter.
</p><p> </p><p>Well, where he gets them? He just picked up coconut oil from the grocery store, simple as that. If you are having trouble with this then you can search the same section as other oils out there. It is going in a small container like you see face creams in. in fact, I tell you that you can actually use other oils as well which I really think that they might also help, but the reason why my bf still preferring the coconut oil is that it is the best for taste. I am not sure if there are other differences between them but the taste is good and it actually seem to be working. Well, not so long ago I have been doing some kind of reading in regards to this and I have found that in some countries where there is not an dental care (yeah, unfortunately there are such countries), then the people are doing this in a regular basis. And since they do not seem to be having lots of problems, I do think that the coconut oil must be helpful. Whatever the case, since you are interesting in this, I think that you just must do a bit of google search for ‘oil pulling’ and a lot of the information is going to come up. Really hope this would be helpful if you try it out. </p>

McAuley

Wow, amazing, thanks for this, I am going to do it for sure. I have never had heard of the ‘oil pulling’ in the past, but thanks for letting me know about it due to the act that it really does sounds as though it really can be a part of a good daily regimen which might really help quite well in my opinion. I am going to try it and I will try to notice the results I got. Thanks.

char lotte

Hey, I have also never heard of it either to be honest, I have heard from my bf only. My boyfriend has had a cyst like spot on his gum and when he saw that it is something that does seem to be like a problem, he started to search for solutions on this and he has come across an article about the coconut oil that can be helpful for that problem he had and that is why he has started to do the oil pulling. To be honest, we are not fully sure if it did has helped that spot to go away or not, however it did has disappeared now and he has not had any problems since then, so I do think that it is helpful I guess. Also, doubt that there’s anything else that might have helped him because besides this, he has not done anything, and so I do think that it must have been helpful. Having all of that said, I think that you could try it, must be helpful I guess.

Eva123

Hey there. Look, in regards to this: ‘I simply just don’t know whether you can get just any old coconut oil, or if I need to go and get that something that it is anyhow special or something in that matter.'

Extra virgin coconut oil, that’s really good, I would recommend you to purchase this one. There’s nothing ‘special’ or something like that. In regards to where to buy it… not sure where you can buy it, but I personally am purchasing it to only at Sam’s Club and I recommend to purchase it there too because I saw that it is a good quality for sure. I personally buy a large tub, and I recommend you to do that too because this way you are saving a bit of money. Whatever the case, you must know that oil pulling, it is very hard, and it is tedious, you should know this. Also you must know that the results aren’t going to be visible on the 3rd, 4th day. It is taking a while until it works, however it is good, it is really worth it and it is very beneficial, in very many different ways. But do it and you’re gonna like it. I do have quite a few books in regards to the coconut oil and to the benefits that it has. It is really good, trust me. I am giving it to my father with dementia, coconut oil every day, and it does helps. I wish you good luck and I really hope that it is going to help you with your issues.

ninaflemming

Excellent recommendations. I wanted to say thank you for them even though I knew most of them. Whichever the case I also wanted to add some others that could be really helpful for some people (in fact, I would recommend to all but anyway). So here are some: kale (dark green veg it is just excellent for you, full stop, trust me, you’re gonna find it really helpful!)

Another thing which I think that many people might not believe it, but either you do or not: eggs. They are really helpful even though many people don’t really realize this… another very important thing is Quinoa… search for information about Quinoa and you’ll see what I am talking about. Another thing that’s really amazing is coconut water (and that’s especially if you can get it raw and unpasteurized, they are even more helpful, I would recommend them). And again, as it has been said earlier coconut oil. Again, I do know that it has been stated already, but what I want to say is that it really must be raw, it must be extra virgin, and it also must be organic, otherwise all of the good stuffs been pressed or leached out).

sexyM

Well, thanks all for everything. Besides all of that, these days I am searching for the color purple (anthocyanins), it is being supposed to be so good for you, and besides that it is also being supposed (don’t know for sure, but that’s what I heard) that it is tasting quite good as well. And plus to that I can say that besides from all of the berries, they have got some purple sweet potatoes, tomatoes, rice too and also a lot of other things more too.  It is not hurting very much that they are all un processed natural foods either.

dessiepower

Hey there ninaflemming.  I really wanted to ask you… does the cold pressed coconut oil = raw, unrefined? Just have had that recommended to me as the least processed coconut oil to purchase with some more of the ‘goodies’ intact in that oil. Thank you very much for all of your help and recommendations. I appreciate!

ninaflemming

Oh yeah, that’s true, they are one and the same, no worries. But well… there are just 2 different ways of ‘saying’ it…. That’s quite the only difference I would say that's between them. and by the way, i wanted to say that pretty much the exact same thing with honey... there are just so so many times that you can get it cheaper and that's simply due to the fact that they have not 'labeled' it as raw.... be sure this would be helpful to save some money and they would all help. in the end i only want to say that i'm very thankful for all of those well wishes given here... it is a process.

McAuley

Eva123, thank you very much, i do appreciate a lot the details. i've gotta say that there's my friend's sister who has told me approximately half a year ago or so that coconut oil might very well help him, that's what i heard, however there were so many of other things that i have heard with all different doctors, like for example if there is testosterone therapy, like getting his Namenda dosage right, as well as the others, difficult since I do not live with him and the partner it is mostly useless, and I really do not want to use it.