For how long I'm going to have viral ear infection?

Warmaded

Hello, I'm having this viral ear infection for a month already and I don't see any improvements. I can't explain how tired I am having these symptoms. For a whole month I have nausea, dizziness, fatigue and much more. I'm feeling like I'm going to be a zombie soon, I really don't feel as I should. There were few days when I felt a little better, when I truly believed that I'm getting over it and right after that I'm getting worse again. I'm tired visiting my doctor and I think he's tired too seeing me in his cabinet. A week ago he gave me some meds and said that I should start feeling better in few days. A week passed and nothing changed. I feel the same as I felt before he gave me the meds. He says that there is nothing he can't do, is that normal? I'm really tired of feeling so, I want to feel normal again. I start having thoughts that I will never get better now. Is there someone who already had it and treated it? or for how long you've experienced it? What you've done to fix this all up? Maybe you could give the name of some meds you took? Anything please!

ElbaSolo

I have been diagnosed with this viral ear infection too and I was doing some research on it until I found your post and it seemed interesting to me. It feels somehow better knowing that I am not the only one and you won't feel alone. However, I am also desperate to find some cure to this infection because I have it for already 2 months and it's really annoying and frustrated having it. Whenever I get up from the bed an move around a little bit I have to get right back in the bed becuase I get tired and exhausted. I am always dizzy and I just don't feel myself. There are some days when I think that everything is going to fix up, but right after I understand that I'm far away from a treatment. I've actually drove a car these days, but the way back home I couldn't manage. I was so dizzy I couldn't see normally the road. However I don't give up, I know that with time everything is going to fix up, you better do this too, be patient. I've read somewhere that it can take some time - up to 6 months. I know these aren't the best news for today but I don't know what we can do to rush the healing process. Unforunately I don't know any names of medications, but you could try to go to a different doctor, another opinion isn't going to harm you, neither me. If you will find something let me know please, I will do the same.

Shik00

So guys I'm having the same and I know how hard is to deal with this situation. It is really unpleasant and difficult right now but I still have hope that one day I will feel normal again and all this is going to pass away. I'm trying to be optimistic about this so I got some conclusions. This illness has taught me how important is to have a good health and that we have to watch out to have this good health. What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't matter how much money you have and if the deal "didn't work" as long as you don't have health to get up from bed. Everything is going to work just fine as long as our physical and mental condition is going to be in good shape. My illness has started 2 months ago so I know how hard it is, I can't drive, I can't work and I barely can wake up from my bed. The doctors have tried to help me in thousands of ways but their final words were that only time can heal me up. Because of this I have started to develop severe anxiety but I know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. There has to be something to make you think positive about this, in my case are my children who made me get on the top of my anxiety and to make me dealing with something that is more likely to pass. Well people, you have to be as positive as hard it is and do NOT let depression or anxiety, which I'm sure that many people out here are struggling with, to get on the top of you. Keep fighting and be sure that everything is going to be just FINE.

pureuser

I am having the exact same thing: Ear Virus Infection. I suppose that it all started approximately two weeks ago when I started to have a slight dizzy sensation. Within few days this dizziness had gotten worse and I began to have this bad flu, sore throat, coughing bad and a really bad cold. Despite all of this I don’t have any headache. I went to my family doctor who got my flu sorted and the dizziness feeling, some kinda feeling like im always floating. I was sent to see an ent specialt. The doctor checked my eyes, ears and nose and said that I possibly could have a brain tumor so I got really freaked out. He told me that to confirm this I need to get an mri check out. Also he thinks that there is a virus near my eardrum and to get rid of it i need to take some time. I hope that it is not going to get full months to have a recovery but I’m afraid it is going to be so and the worst part is that I don’t really have another option. I really hope that soon everything is going to get better. If anyone out of this forum ever experienced this and can give me a recommendation that is going to be awesome! Maybe you know something what I can do that could rush the healing time? I guess im ready to try everything because I am freaked out about this!! I also hope no one is going to ever suffer from this...

Blacks

A little more than three weeks ago I was sitting down and when I got up I immediately felt a dizziness sensation covering me. I thought that this happened because I didn’t ate enough, so I had a snack and went to bed. The next morning was even worse – I wasn’t able to get up from my bed and when I got up I had a spinning all around me sensation when I was moving. Each time when I was trying to stand up, to get out from my bed I was getting a severe nausea and everything around me was spinning around. I was feeling like a strange sensation of drunkenness or something. Well, even now I wasn’t thinking too much of it, this time I thought that I may be too exhausted and again – I didn’t ate enough. However, with time I understood that something is wrong because I was sitting in my bed, sleeping, eating and so on but I wasn’t getting any better. Whenever I was trying to move I would get this sensation. I went to the ER only after I vomited for about three times. Doc looked at me, put me some questions and then made some tests. Later he said that I’m having vertigo and said that he can give me some medication to counter act its effect so it would stop the nausea and the dizziness. I was there (to the ER) for approximately four hours and then I went back home to sleep. The medication given to me worked fine for the nausea but I was still having dizziness. I took those medications for three days but I couldn’t take them anymore because they were making me very sleeping so I was spending most of my day in my bed sleeping and doing nothing productive. In the fourth day I was finally able to sit and to move around but only if I wasn’t really moving my head.

Well, during those days of doing nothing productive I’ve started my research about vertigo. I was also searching for loose calcium particles that can interfere with the balancing system of my inner ear and this made me curious, as well as concerned. I wanted to see an ENT and I found something that made me angry at the ER doctor who didn’t even looked inside of my ears to be sure of what he’s saying. Instead of that he just made a really quick judgment by what he thought it is. Well, until now all the symptoms keep showing that it is a viral inner ear infection. Now, two weeks later and most of my dizziness I was having is now completely gone but I’m still having some problem to walk normally because I’m not really able to balance myself. if I’m not really moving my head, not doing any quick movement with my head I am nearly completely fine but if I’m doing something from above I have a pretty bad time. I never thought that a viral ear infection can give you so much troubles. I’m just very frustrated because I was feeling alright, everything was fine but suddenly, few minutes later my functionality is dramatically decreased due to a small virus. I don’t really know for how long I’m going to feeling like this but I really hope for a full and quick recovery. I wish the same thing to all of you.