getting pregnant with metformin

Vendess47

So well, hi everybody, I have been having pcos since I have been around 14 years old and it has been an endless battle since then that has involved 2 surgeries as well as a lot, and I mean A LOT of different medications, treatments and so on. so well ,on my last visit to my doctor, he has rendered something that has never been offered to me in the past in all this time. after approximately 2 years or so of trying to conceive with no luck at all, my doctor then has suggested me that I need to search more about metformin and if I like it then I should give it a try. He said that this metformin (or something like this) might help me to get pregnant and so, it is obvious that I would really like to know whether is here anybody else who has ever used this metformin and what effects have you had on it? is there anybody else who has anything to contribute on this, please? of course I have read about it on internet and of course I did have read that it had some pros and it also has some cons, but I would really like to talk with somebody who already has experiences with it, to get some opinions, statistics or somebody’s else’s story of what has happened when they have went through this situation, when they have been taking metformin. I would really like to know as much as I can about this drug and be sure that what I am going to take is going to be helpful, but not some kind of thing that god knows what I would feel on it. thanks.

Andoult

Hey there, I am taking metformin and I have been using metformin for approximately half a year now and luckily I can tell you that I have had no side effects from it at all. I have to mention that I am also having PCOS and this is why I have been given metformin, but I am not currently trying to conceive, so the reason why I’ve got metformin is PCOS only, I am only trying to get regular cycles and that’s it. and yeah, I also do know that metformin is going to make you fertile in case you are going to take it the exact same way as it should be, exactly as it is prescribed to you. you are also going to start losing weight in the time you are going to be on metformin so be prepared. I guess that if you already have done the research on it you’ve seen that metformin it is actually a treatment for diabetes but it is given to women with PCOS either who are trying to regulate their cycles (as me) or become fertile (as you). I don’t think that it is going to affect you in any negative way unless you are going to be allergic to any of its ingredients. What I recommend you is to make sure that you are drinking a lot of water in the time you are going to be on the medication. oh yeah, I forgot the most important: I think that it is worth to start taking the medication, IMO it is one of the best shot that you’ve got and I really think that it is going to help you conceiving. Good luck.

IsabelIsabel2

Oh yeah, you definitely should try it out as there are a lot of women who already benefitted from using it (women with the exact same problem as you because they could not get pregnant and with metformin they conceived). I think that the only thing that might happen is that you are going to lose your lunch (because of the nausea from it, however a lot of docs and women who already took it said that this effect is going away after a couple of weeks after being on the drug) and maybe you are also going to lose some weight either which I doubt that this is going to be a bad thing for you (since most women out there are looking to lose their weight). I wish you good luck and hope you’ll conceive!

looley

Agree with the others 2 saying that you should go and try metformin, except few slight side effects, you are not risking with anything, and it is definitely worth a try. Especially taking in consideration what it did to us. I have also taken metformin and it has worked amazingly for us as I have had 2 pregnancies within only a year after 3 years of TTC so… I find it very and very strange that you are suffering from PCOS since you are 14 and you have never heard about this drug metformin, that’s because from as much as I know, since about 2010 or so, Metformin it is one of the first line treatment for women with PCOS. It is indeed amazing and it is great for women with PCOS and one of the first recommended medications for managing insulin resistance for women with PCOS as well. Plus, I know that it can and very usually it does help to regulate your period (as another women who posted here) and to ovulate more frequently, but the problem here is that this might be taking a couple of months. besides, another very good thing about this metformin medication it is that you can adjust the side effects, I mean, in case you are finding yourself to be too sensible to Gi side effects such as having too much nausea then you can reduce the dosage and that’s it. it is definitely worth a try so go and try it out! I wish you good luck and I hope that you will really have some good effects and eventually would conceive.

Mary Heaven

I personally have taken metformin for only 3 weeks or so and then I have conceived, I did not even know that I conceived, it was so quickly… I don’t know what this drug does but it kinda opens whatever is blocking you from becoming pregnant. I am pretty sure that if you would start taking it then you would greatly benefit from it. by the way, the only thing that I really did not liked at all was the GI upset… ughh… I really didn’t liked that, but it was well worth it all, that is why if I would be you, then I would definitely try it out and I really hope that you will so I wish you good luck.

By the way, I am not suffering from diabetes, not IR or overweight so no worries if you don’t find yourself in any of these either.