Hello from Scotland!

Poppy

Hi, Poppy intorducing self to forum.

I am a chronic pain patient with a useless doctor, and have suffered severe and chronic anxiety and panic disorder since my teens as well.

I have used online IOPs for over 20 years now, and have some old favourites which I have used regularly for a long time, and a couple of newer places which conform to my idea of decent pricing and top quality. I bemoan the recent loss of several of the very best IOPs, in particular the Airmail Group (despite some prices from the Romanian outlet being a bit of a ripoff) who sent some of the finest meds I have ever sourced online.

I now mostly source from Belgium, Germany/Austria, Serbia and Hungary as well as Netherlands. I wish that I were able to access US medicines, especially those licenced there and nowhere else, such as hydrocodone bitartrate, which fills our 'gap' which exists between dihydrocodeine and morphine - there is NOTHING in between, but at 6 x strength of codeine, hydrocodone would be the ideal. It was withdrawn (Dicodid, sold only as an antitussive, not am analgesic) from Europe in 2008 and is now confined to the USA ONLY.

I am also a trained counsellor and therapist, working voluntarily for an online company catering for those who are unable to afford the traditional psychiatrist and their extortionate session rates!

You will learn more about me as I post but let me say I am always looking for SOMETHING and perhaps this is the place to find elusive things which the now dreadful NHS does not supply.

No doubt will be meeting many of you soon!

Stay as well as you can be and if not, as well as you can AFFORD to be!

MBernic

Hello there Poppy and warm welcome on our forum! First off, I have to say that I am really sorry that you have a useless doctor, especially when you’re a patient with a chronic condition. From as much as I can understand, since you’re using IOP’s for over 20 years and you say that you have a useless doctor then you must self medicate? If that’s so and you do have success with then I congratulate you with your success but I just want to say that you’ve got to be careful when self medicating. There are a lot of debates over this topic all over the internet whether it is good for a patient to self medicate or not. I would say that it depends, so if you’re having enough knowledge and you truly have a doctor that does little to nothing for your condition then it might be a good idea. But still, with a lot of care. What I would suggest you is to search for a new doctor if you think that this one is not doing anything.

One more thing. I am sorry but I don’t seem to understand. You’ve mentioned you’re a chronic anxiety and panic disorder patient however you’ve mentioned that you would want to get hydrocodone bitartrate and you’ve been talking about codeine, dihydrocodeine etc. and these drugs are pain killing medicines. I am sorry if I haven’t understood this but you either are talking about anti anxiety and panic attacks drugs which these that you’ve mentioned are not used for those conditions, either you are a patient with both chronic pain as well as chronic anxiety? I would like you to confirm this and apologize my inability to understand it myself.

Lately I would really like to tell you that I am very glad to have you, as a trained counselor and therapist here on our forum! Really looking forward into knowing you more, I’m pretty sure we could learn a lot from you. Get used as soon as possible and ask any questions, also don’t forget to help other members if that’s possible :)