help identify a capsule

Lisssa

so well, I would appreciate if somebody would help me a little bit please. I have found a clear, pull apart capsule that it is filled with white powder that has been very artfully hidden by Son (but I still managed somehow to find it).

and yeah, I have to say that I have been snooping that’s because he has been acting a little bit strange lately, not like him, out of his normal which is surely, know it all and talk a lot, and I mean a lot! I’ve got to say that he has been sleeping oddly either and just generally acting somehow “off” or not sure how…. So yeah anyway… in the end, yes, I have been snooping, in case there is going to be somebody who would feel better for judging me or whatever else similar then go ahead and do it, but this is not why I came here, I only wanted to get a bit of your help.

I’ve got to mention that he is in his first year of college at a private university that it is a high pressure zone. That is why I think that the answer could be pretty simple. Speed or something similar, or of the equivalent to that. I’ve got to say that I am not extremely and/ or overly concerned about this because although I see his strangeness lately, I still trust him, but even so, I am still concerned enough that I do want to know what that pills exactly is. I’ve got to mention that son has never been in trouble, he has got a full academic scholarship to this college, he has never even had a traffic ticket, not even a speed or a parking one. he has got only straight A’s though all his 4 years of high school and generally doesn’t seem to get into trouble and so on.

If you think that this is going to help then I can post a picture of that pill if you are really thinking that it would change something (when I am going to understand how to attach pictures here on the post), but until then, really, it is only a clear, pull apart and no markings as well as filled up with a white powder in such a way that when you are turning (shaking) the capsule then the powder inside of it is moving. I’m just trying to say that it is not fully packed.

So well, what do you think, aside the fact of sending it away to some laboratories to fully check every single detail of it for $300, what do you think that it is going to be the very best way of identifying the contents in that pill? of course I don’t need every single details, of course, only the active ingredient found in it. also I would like to know, would an over the counter test like for example at CVS be helpful, what do you think? I have to say that I am having a friend who is working as a biochemist and he has told me that if I can get it to test positive as a narcotic then he is going to take it and isolate exactly what it is inside of that pill, however he really does not seem to want to do that from the get go and that’s why I am here. I would appreciate very much a bit of your help people…

Soo? Is anybody who has any suggestions for me? or you think that I am only being too paranoid and that’s nothing? Thank you in advance for everything.

Coleman

Hello there Lisa, from as much as I know (from experience) mdma it is usually being sold like that in some clear capsules. It could also just as well be speed either… there could be a lot. these 2 variables would pretty much explain his changed sleeping patterns due to the fact of coming down after the high feeling. But let’s think about it logically. It is something that has been hidden. If it would be something “not very important” it wouldn’t be hidden. Since it was then it is surely something that he does not want you or anybody else to know about that pill. he knows what’s that since he is hiding it and he knows that he should not be doing that due to the fact that if it wasn’t he wouldn’t be hiding it so well, don’t you think? I understand… good boy, straight A’s and so on. but everything can be changed only one night so that’s good that you have trust in him, but it is good that you’re concerned either. you know him better, I personally would just go ahead and ask him straight. Observe his behavior thereafter. See what he is going to do and tell him to be sincere, of course… but you know the best how to make him be sincere.

It is very hard to say from the description that you have made. Little details. Maybe indeed a photo would be more helpful. or you might search in google what you think that it could be and search for images. If you see something similar to what you have found then here it is… but saying like this is hard…. Does it have an odor or something?? does the powder flake?? Or maybe it is clumpy/ rocked/ moist or maybe it is really dry completely?? Maybe some other details??

Lisssa

Thank you for answering. No, the powder it is completely dry, it is rolling around in the capsule very and very well with no clumping at all.. this is a very fine powder, it is absolutely not large and it is not granular. Very symmetric with no “bumps” or anything.

Um… I am afraid that I do not know what a MDMA is, could you be more explicit please?

About going and talking straight with him… I have not done this for several reasons… I really want to know what it is first so I could know how I should act. In case this is nothing that I should be overly concerned and worried about then I am not going to say anything at all. he is going to be 19 years old in december that is why he has to make his own choices from now on. he has to differentiate what is good and what is bad. Of course I would help but I don’t want to push him over something or drag him over something completely. He has to understand himself, he has to do it himself. His campus it is only 4 miles away from our house that is why he is living at home with us now, but if he had chosen some other college far away then he would have been living in the dorms away from us and so I would not have a clue what he would have been doing in there.

And also, I am in good relationships with him, I am not that kind of mother that are hated. That is why I do not want him to know that I am spying (and I wasn’t up until recently) on him unless there is going to be a really good reason for me to get involved in his decisions and life. does that make any sense to you?

Well… before clicking “submit” I decided to look it up and I have seen that MDMA is ecstasy… that’s scaring me.. do you think that a test kit would show MDMA?!

Coleman

Hey there lisa again. yeah, MDMA is ecstasy and you’ve got to know that you can get test kits for the mdma (ecstasy) and speed either. if its dry and it is very and very tiny then it is more likely speed than mdma because speed is usually that tiny while mdma is a bit larger. in fact, most of the time, mdma it is clumpy and more granuler, however this is not necessarily always the case so it doesn’t automatically mean that it is either one. this is only what I have come across more commonly. If you are saying that you do not want to go and talk with him about this then simply go and get yourself a test kit for mdma / speed, it is most likely one of those 2 unless it is ketamine… maybe? Not sure. Of course I am not able to say for sure, I don’t know, it is all only speculations… it might be nothing at all… who knows?? Unless you get a tester and check it out we’re only going to “assume” here.

Lisssa

Thank you very much for trying to help me. I was not sure if those test kits tested for that and I wasn’t sure if I should get one, but now I am sure that I am going to go and get one. and also, thanks for recommending looking up for pictures. There are some pictures on the MDMA on wiki that is having some pictures that is looking nearly the same as to what I have found.

In case it is all that, then I am going to get involved unless his behavior is really becoming erratic, thanks for everything, for your help and taking your time posting. I appreciate it a lot.

Quiroz

Even though I do understand that he is 19 and he should make his own decision, he isn’t that mature enough. He is in college and he has straight A’s and so on but I would still grab my son by the collar… and I am going to tell him “son your mom has found this… let’s make it easy on yourself… what it is? and don’t bullsh*t me on what it is that ok? Because I am going find it out anyway. if you find out that it’s something harmless then it is fine, if that’s something not that harmless as MDMA then stay away from that etc. just do it with love, don’t necessarily “beat” him. he has to understand. And it is obvious that he is going to make such decisions at 19. A 12 years old won’t play around with MDMA, a 19 years old might, so be careful. He simply might have done a mistake. Best of luck.

CaitlynNn

Oh yeah, I really think that the test kit is a really good idea, but don’t make any presumptions because there is a good chance that it could be a RC (research chemical) like for example 2C-B, 2C-T-7 and so on. in my personal experience this is how these items are being sold and they are not going to be identified by a test kit – any paraphernalia around it or history of past drug use?

Lisssa

oh well, regarding the last comment about the test kit, research chemicals and whether has he had a history of past drug use… well.. I have to say that I have never did get the test kit so I might get it soon and see what it is going to show.

About his history, definitely no, not even a single thing, not ever. he’s not even drinking alcohol. He has never been in trouble, as I said, not even a traffic ticket. He is a 19 years old boy that doesn’t make you problems and the kind of guy you can trust.

I just have checked it once again and it is still in there, under the little foam piece his fake fangs came in. what I am trying to say is that I guess that after all, it is not that very important since there it is only 1 and it is still there untouched. I’ve been thinking that maybe he does not even know about it? can it be possible? Been noticing his behavior and it seems that he has been coming an doing on his normal schedule, he is acting fine, he is sleeping a lot when he does not have class on that day, however with his class load, from as much as I know, I personally would too….

I have also been thinking about the fact that it has been given to him and he has acted like that has been something great and cool and he simply has pocketed it and kept it there. maybe even forget. Or maybe he is now keeping it because it is sort of rebel and he is being “naughty” or something in this matter.

The only time will tell, he is being covertly monitored a lot much more closely than usual, however, so far, we cannot come up with anything so… should I be more calm?

deidaru

Hey there Lissa, in my personal opinion I would say that you have done the right thing by doing nothing at all, sometimes it is hard for us, parents, but it is the best decision that we could take (in some certain circumstances). I have to tell that I have raised a teen as a single parent and I have had similar incidents to deal with, however had to accept that I could not control every single minor thing action of theirs and with time I have understood that this is good. we should not. of course we have to take care of them, but we should not control every single of their move. Now, I would say that if he starts carting in the pills (or whatever else) by the box load then I think that this is going to be probably the moment when you are going to need to take some serious actions and to make him stop. it is definitely nothing that he should be playing around and that’s why you might need to interfere. But up until that moment, you shouldn’t, IMO.

Lisssa

Oh deidaru, thank you very much for your reply, that’s really nice that you try to help me, I appreciate this a lot. to be honest with you, my very first reaction (or my very first thought better said) was to panic and do what parents are usually doing, to demand to know what was going on and I have been thinking ahead to oh my god… I am surely going to have to get him now some help, I was really thinking that I am going to do it. but then I realized that such kind of decisions are taken when you’re calm, when you’re not panicking like I did. So I sat down and relaxed, after I was calm I started to think.

It is just happening that this quite perfect set of circumstances has occurred now that we are living so close to that college campus that he has received the full academic scholarship either. I’ve got to say (if this changes anything) that he was not even going to apply there but then he did so at the very last minute (almost literally, he applied the last time a few minutes before the final close). Otherwise, he would have been living in the dorms in Indiana, but we are living in Florida, and he might have been doing in there god knows what.

But still, the poor kid is now having his room searched every day, his car is searched at night at 2 am when he is sleeping by husband while I am standing as a guard at the front door as lookout in order to check if he won’t come. Like we could lie out of that one…

And right now, out of pure luck, his laptop is having some really nasty viruses that he can’t deal with and that’s why this morning he has given me his laptop to try to fix it or bring it to somebody who could. Well, this only means that I am having nearly a complete access to everything, to everything he is doing (except his phone… the rest is in my control).

Yeah, I do know that this is not what we should do and if he would find out he would become very upset, this is not the very right thing to do and I’m kinda feeling guilty for doing all of this, but when it comes to my son’s safety then, as any other mother, nothing can stand before me to stop me. the only other method is to go straight and talk with him, but I would really want to avoid doing so for the reasons explained above and with all of that being said, I still want to keep him safe because I am still afraid that he might do god knows what. so well, in the end, if he really does something illegal or unsafe or if he is becoming addicted to anything at all then he is not going to get away with that for a very long time.

But in case our son is doing nothing like that, which, to be honest, so far that’s how it appears (except that non identified pill), he is never going to find out that we have been snooping, checking him up and spying upon him and the trust is still going to be there and he would still decide everything by himself. Plus, I would sleep better at night knowing that he is not doing any bad things by his own, not forbidding him anything. Knowing that the decision of living a drugs free life is his own.

Anyway, to be honest I don’t even know why I started ranting about this, I am sorry if somebody got bored :D I can only guess that I am just righting this in order to reassure myself that what I am doing it is the right thing. I really hope it is. I don’t want to make him suffer and after a while of spying and if I still won’t find anything then I would stop and I would know that everything is fine with him. maybe later we would have a talk with him about drugs to check out his opinion about them.