Help with Truvada PrEP treatment

Summy

Hey guys, I have only been wondering whether is here anybody who is having at least some experience with using an IOP’s for Truvada PrER treatment in order to reduce the risk of contracting the HIV virus.

I do not have HIV currently, however the problem is that I am in a pretty high risk group for contracting it and this is the reason why I am currently seriously consider to go on this thing. the reason why I am asking for IOP’s Truvada PrER treatment it is that I am living in the UK and here, the NHS is definitely not going to give it to me and the only way I can get it is a private prescription but the cost for such it is a lot much much more and far beyond my financial possibilities – I am having no insurance either. I guess I wouldn’t be asking this if I could, but as far as I am unable to do so then I really want to know if somebody has ever used IOP’s for Truvada and if I am getting lucky enough and somebody did then could you, please, tell me what do you think about it? is there anybody who has at least any experience with the Truvada from IOP’s or maybe you have any advice for me regarding this? generally, anything would be very much appreciated, thank you in advance and I hope that I would be getting something useful guys so I can know what to do.

Julieta

hey there, unfortunately I am having no experience at all with using this specific medication or any other antivirals at all so I doubt that I can tell you anything more than what you can read yourself online regarding this part. But, why I still wanted to post here thinking that this might be a bit helpful for you it is the fact that I am having a lot of experience of taking a lot of medications that are made by Cipla (this is an famous Indian pharmaceutical brand) and this means that I can help you in case you would buy anything specifically form Cipla. The thing is that I am having absolutely no problems with their medication at all which means that they make good quality products. I am sure that they produce only good quality because I am taking those medications several times per day every single day and there’s one medication in particular that I am taking for my gut problems that is why I am sure that in case there would be at least any dosage or / and consistency issues then I am quite sure that i would feel the effects in an instant. Having this said, if you get your product from Cipla then you should know that the medication is good and you can use it.

generally, if I would be you then I would be very and very careful to search and choose a very reputable brand when you are searching for a medication that you ate intending to be taking every single day and especially such medication as Truvada which is quite a potent medication. so, I am not sure if this would help you or not but I really hope so. I wish you all my best and I hope you won’t contract HIV…

joctal

hi there OP, exactly as the previous commenter, I am also not having any personal experience with this medication either. I can’t help you with very much but I still wanted to say that if I would be in your situation then I would be very and very wary and careful about using PrEP from an IOP and that’s unless it is a 100% and more than 100% that it is a legit. You need to be so so certain and sure that it is a good IOP as you only can be. something not only that you’ve read over the internet and that’s it. this is extremely important. do not order it from whichever IOP and especially doing the mistake of ordering somewhere because it is “cheaper” and especially when it is too good to be true because that’s indeed so – it’s too good to be true. don’t try to save money on this. pay a bit more but be sure that you take whatever you need. In fact, to be honest, even if I knew for all 100% that this is the real stuff I still have to tell you that you need to be very and very careful before you are relying on it as your only protection against the HIV because trust me that even though it is indeed helpful, it is not 100% bulletproof. Or better said HIV proof.

In fact, I apologize because I am quite sure that I am not telling you here anything that you don’t know already and believe me that I do not mean to preach. However I have had a really horrible experience and that’s why I am telling you all of this. that experience is where my partner has been used to have unprotected sex with random strangers behind my back for some years in the row and then, obviously, having unprotected sex with me, as I have been used to think that we are not cheating on each other (obviously, I wasn’t cheating on him) and I thought we were exclusive and safe. After all, he has been my partner. Anyway, unfortunately he became positive and I somehow managed to remain negative despite the fact that we used to have sex quite often. I guess this is pure luck, however I need to say that I really do not want to see anybody going through this trauma of getting a positive HIV result because I do know how hard it can be. and yeah, I do know that with nowadays medications it is no longer a death sentence and I do know that it can be treated (not by everybody, by the way), however it is still a life changing thing that’s hard to pass on. and thereby, I only want to remind you as well as everybody else that PrEP it is definitely not an 100% protection against HIV and while it might be a good idea to use it while you suppose to be high at risk, you still need to start protecting yourself not only with PrEP alone. In my opinion I is definitely not worth the risk so better take care what you are doing.

So now, this being said, OP and everybody else – you need to remember that the more protection you are able to get the better would be for you so just try doing everything what you can to prevent getting this HIV. I’ve got to mention here that I am also living in the UK by the way, this is why I do know very well that PrEP it is not readily and it is definitely not afford-ably available to everybody who aren’t rich. So in case you are able to find a legit source, it is better than none at all? whatever the case I really hope that you are going to find whatever you are looking for and I really hope that you are not going to get the HIV under any circumstances. Best wishes!

Julieta

OP, by the way, I have privately written an member here who can help you to chime in on this thread and give you her opinion.

Generally, I really hope very much that I did not give any bad advice here and I hope that OP wouldn’t have to get through a hard time because of me.

By the way, OP, I just have checked and I have seen that there are 2 of the IOPs that I am using on a regular basis that are selling Truvada generic manufactured by Cipla company so I think that those might be worth places to order from. but again, I am not sure 100%.

Also, what is going to be your opinion about using this in case it was from the Cipla company or some other equivalent pharma manufacturer? Exactly as has been said, I just hope that you’re going to find whatever you are searching for and I hope you’ll be just fine!

kintman

WOW…

I can tell you that I am a gay guy and I have witnessed the late 70s and early 80s I have already lost 5 close buddies to the AIDS. I’ve got to say that I am not a slut, however I am also surely not a saint either. I did have managed somehow to survive and to remain HIV and either I am right or not I can’t know, however I have attributed these to 2 basics: to the common sense and to the rubbers either.

I am certain that using truvada in the time that you are not using common sense and rubbers it is pretty much the same as playing Russian roulette – you never know when you’ll shoot. Completely relying on a pill that comes out of an envelope that has traveled a week to a month from god knows where without any common sense and rubbers is indeed like playing Russian roulette but with 2 guns that are aimed at each temple and you’re just waiting for them to make the shot.

Anyway, it doesn’t really matter what it is the decision that you would make, I still believe that the patients are required to test HIV negative every 3 months before the prescription should be refilled back. I really hope that you are going to perform the same test and you’ll be negative. Plus I hope that HIV would avoid you and you’ll avoid it either.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to add the following: in the New York State, the syphilis it is off the map now. even though it is also curable nowadays, it is still a pain the ass that should be avoided as well. what I wanted to say is that you need to keep in your mind that truvada does not protect you against this, against herpes and against all that other sh*t out there that you can get. Once again, common sense and rubbers it is, as always, the best protection and I guess that it would always be. in fact, if you want then you could use truvada in the time that you use these 2 either, but common sense and rubbers should always be the first options! Good luck man!

tameeka

Hey Julieta, I’ve seen your message so just wanted to respond regarding what you’ve said up there… cipla it is not my go to manufacture unfortunately and the reason for that you can find on the pharmamanufacturing dot com. Go on that site and see the article “India's Cipla Hit with FDA Warning Letter”. You’re going to be explained. The direct link I’ve sent you privately. hope you’ll benefit from it.

Julieta

Oh wow… thanks so so much for that tameeka. You’ve really helped me a lot. do you know whether is there a way or not to tell which of the drugs under that manufacturer that have been affected by this warning? Some other source describing each drug maybe? Anything please? it is obvious that I need to know it because as I said in a post above, I am taking several medications from Cipla several times a day so it is obvious that I am concerned about it. thank you very much once again tameeka for bringing this information to my attention, I appreciate it a lot! I guess I have to learn more…. I have been used to think that Cipla it is one of the good manufacturers, in fact I’ve been used to think that it is one of the best ones. seems that I was wrong isn’t it?

Summy

Thank you all so so much for your replies, I appreciate it very much and also thank you very much for your honesty. But I do know that you need to take your time in order to help me so thanks for doing so. Besides, I need to say here that I do understand very well and there is no doubt that common sense and using condoms are the only TRUE protection and that taking Truvada alone and expecting not to get HIV while often having unprotected sex with random partners is stupidity.

However, I’ve known this for quite a while now. besides the fact that I am being fully aware of this, I am still slipping up and I am putting myself at risk from time to time and that’s why I think that besides trying to have common sense and using condoms, I also need Truvada. I’ve got to say here that it is mostly down to my mental health… unfortunately… this has resulted in me putting myself in all kinds of risky situations over the last few years that I realize what I am doing only quite a while later. and yeah, I do know very well that I need to manage this either and that I need help and that is why I am currently visiting a professional regarding this problem of mine even though it is being the NHS, it is not as often as I would like it to be.

To be honest with you guys, I would not be looking to change my already existing behavior because I am not even sure this can be done. I would try to avoid risky situations, obviously, but you can’t change a personality completely IMO that is why I am not going to try to change my existing behavior after I am going to start with the PrEP, however I simply want to add and to have an one more layer of protection that maybe would save me in those “hard times”.

Also, I would want to ask, maybe somebody knows… is there any way of checking if the protection is working? I don’t want to take it and having no ideas whether does it work or not. I ask this because I do know that doctors can check out if your Hep A or B vaccine need to be boosted by looking at your bloods so I thought that maybe there’s a similar test to check out whether Truvada works or not. thank you very much for everything that you’ve posted and thanks in advance for answering my last question :)

joctal

Summy I honestly think that this is a very good question that you’ve posted up there and what would be my biggest worry with using on IOP for a medication that I was using every single day, and I had no real way of knowing whether it was actually working or not or doing what it has been supposed to do for me. I also hope that there is going to be somebody who would be able to give an answer to this, however I am having a feeling that the only way of really really knowing it is to get PrEP from a surely legit source because when the medication is 100% good then it means that it would work (isn’t it?!) if you get it from some unknown source then you can’t know if you got a real thing therefore you can’t know how well it would work for you, isn’t it? but unfortunately, I do know that it is not really possible to get it from a legit source here in the UK and that’s why there’s no other option than to get it from the IOP but again, the IOP has to be 100% good.

Besides, I think that there’s something that you need to bear in mind and it is the fact that from as much as I have heard, those side effects that people can be getting from PrEP can be pretty bad and barely bearable. Not sure if this is true but that’s what I have heard. I have been said that this is true because you are basically being treated for the HIV before you are even coming into contact with it, so if you would ever do this PrEP then… can it fight off before it is taking hold?! Or at least that’s what I have been said and this is what I can understand about it. what I am trying to say is that you need to be wary of the fact that there are chances that you are going to be experience all of the negative side effects that a HIV treatment has so better be prepared for this. you know… always be prepared and expect the worst to happen… this way there is not going to happen any “bad surprises”. After all… who loves “bad surprises”? so, again, I wish you good luck and hope you’ll find a test that can see whether it works for you or not.

Suffes

Summy said:
</p><p>Thank you all so so much for your replies, I appreciate it very much and also thank you very much for your honesty. But I do know that you need to take your time in order to help me so thanks for doing so. Besides, I need to say here that I do understand very well and there is no doubt that common sense and using condoms are the only TRUE protection and that taking Truvada alone and expecting not to get HIV while often having unprotected sex with random partners is stupidity.</p><p> </p><p>However, I’ve known this for quite a while now. besides the fact that I am being fully aware of this, I am still slipping up and I am putting myself at risk from time to time and that’s why I think that besides trying to have common sense and using condoms, I also need Truvada. I’ve got to say here that it is mostly down to my mental health… unfortunately… this has resulted in me putting myself in all kinds of risky situations over the last few years that I realize what I am doing only quite a while later. and yeah, I do know very well that I need to manage this either and that I need help and that is why I am currently visiting a professional regarding this problem of mine even though it is being the NHS, it is not as often as I would like it to be.</p><p> </p><p>To be honest with you guys, I would not be looking to change my already existing behavior because I am not even sure this can be done. I would try to avoid risky situations, obviously, but you can’t change a personality completely IMO that is why I am not going to try to change my existing behavior after I am going to start with the PrEP, however I simply want to add and to have an one more layer of protection that maybe would save me in those “hard times”.</p><p> </p><p>Also, I would want to ask, maybe somebody knows… is there any way of checking if the protection is working? I don’t want to take it and having no ideas whether does it work or not. I ask this because I do know that doctors can check out if your Hep A or B vaccine need to be boosted by looking at your bloods so I thought that maybe there’s a similar test to check out whether Truvada works or not. thank you very much for everything that you’ve posted and thanks in advance for answering my last question :)</p><p>
</p><p> </p><p>I would say that this is such a new and a complex drug that I can encourage you to contact any and every single HIV clinic that you can find, every health center and even Truvada themselves in not to say any of your doctor that you should ask. You need to know that this drug is definitely NOT a one size fits all and it is quite important to remember this information. Serum Creatinine also must be measured from as much as I know while you are using it and much, much more as well.</p><p> </p><p>I can also tell you that I do admire your responsibility but unfortunately I am not able to say whether purchasing this formulation oversees would work for you or would it be legit at all, however isn’t this a type of thing that you would want to be for all 100% and even more certain about? I suppose yes and this is why you should gather as much information as it is possible about it. also trying to be safe either by testing regularly your levels etc. I wish you good luck</p><p> </p><p>PS. You do seem to be a smart person and that’s why I recommend you to exhaust all of the possibilities firstly and only after that you need to act. I wish you all the best.</p>