How long does it takes for xanax to leave your system?

girlygirl

Hi. I need your help please. I have taken Xanax over weekend but then I have found out that my school is doing some random drug testing (2 times in a week). I am being worried about how long does it take for the Xanax rug to leave out of my system so I would be clear of it and when the testing is done I would be fine. I would appreciate any and all of your help and information regarding this question. I am not prescribed Xanax, I have taken one of my friends and I am afraid that I would have problems because of this. thank you a lot.

Sienna

You have drug testing at your school?? Oh wow. I have never heard of anything like that, never heard of school doing drug use testing… even twice per week. That’s just… wow. anyway, I guess that it is between 2 and 5 days. though I can’t be sure. But so you would raise your chances that it would be out of your system then you could try a bit harder to help cleaning it out, I guess you might need a lot of water as I believe that plenty of water helps to clean it out of the body. or maybe some known things that are helping to do in order to clean out. maybe some detoxing. Not sure. Hope you’re going to be fine.

McBrien

Oh my… what school do you go to?? it is a public school or a private one? this is the first time ever in my life to hear that some schools does drug use testing. If it goes this way then I guess soon enough they are going to random catch people on street and do drug use testing. Anyway, I am using Xanax myself and from as much as I can feel. It is taking approximately 48 hrs or so until it fully gets out of my system. I assume so. The effects of it are disappearing sooner, but it does not mean that when the effects disappeared – it is out of your system. That is why I assume that it is completely out of the body within 48 hrs. plus, not sure whether this is true or not but I have been told that anything that it is water soluble like for example dropping it in a cup of water and it is dissolving out of the system maybe even sooner than 48 hrs. so I assume that the best bet that you have to raise your chances so it would be undetectable on the test (if you’re really worried about it) to drink a lot of water as well as to exercise. By doing this you are going to flush it out of your system much faster than anything else naturally. Hope this is going to help you a bit. Good luck.

Michelle7878

Hello there girly girl. Look, Xanax is having a half life of approximately 11.2 hours, about 16.3 hours for elderly people and even up to 19.7 hours for people who are having alcohol liver disease. Since you are young and you have not consumed alcoholic beverages and you are not having any liver diseases (I assume you don’t?) then you are in the first category.

Having this said, after you have had your last dose then your system should be clean in approximately 23 hours, maximum 24 hours. But, there are also exceptions (as nearly everywhere else), like for example it could take a little bit longer in case somebody would abuse xanax and it is using very high doses of it or in case their health is being compromised and they are not able to process the xanax (for whatever the reason) as fast as some other healthy people.

As it already has been mentioned here: your best bet is to drink a lot of water after you have had your last dose in order to help flushing it out of your system. Exercising and sweating also should help, but I think that still, water is your best friend if your aim is to flush it out of the system as fast as possible. But, I believe that there are also other things that you could do, like for example you could try to use a product that is made in order to flush your system that it is containing goldenseal and some other herbs after the last dosage that you have had in order to help to flush it from your system faster. By doing all of it in the same time might help even more, I guess. So if you’re interested in those products then you could find them at head shops and give them a try. There are some of them better than others so you should do your research first. Anyway, whatever you do – you might help to get it out of your system sooner, but not with a considerable amount of time, like for example if a drug is staying in your system for say 72 hrs then there’s (at least to my knowledge) nothing that you can do in order to completely flush it out within say 24 hours...

frompleat

I’ve heard a bit about Xanax and I do remember that those people said that in case you are not using them on a regular basis (but you have said that you just used it once on weekend, yeah?) then 48 hours should be more than enough so it would be completely out of your system. However, I don’t remember those people saying anything about the fact if do you use it on a regular, though I am not sure if you’re interest in it anyways. Try the water method and you’ll be fine 100%. Besides, it is Tuesday, if you really used it on weekend then I guess you’re already fine even if you’re gonna have the test tomorrow.

Toliman

In fact, Xanax is going out of your system pretty quickly and as stated above, if you took it the last time on weekend (regardless, what day – it could be even on Sunday) then by now you should be fine. from as much as I know then I believe that it is anywhere between 24 and 72 hours but since most people said 48 hours then I guess this is the average time a person flushes it out of the system. Though I won’t be so sure about the fact if you would have the test tomorrow, that being said because I personally would give it 4 days in order to be 100% safe, if that’s really so important for you. I have actually had a drug test approximately 9 hours after I have been taking 6 mg of Xanax and I was fine. how? I have been drinking a QCarbo32 (I don’t remember very well the name of that drink but I guess this is it) and I was fine. I drank it 2 hours before I have had the test and I was all fine. if you have some other questions and more information about this then write me privately and I am going to be very happy if I could help you. hope you’re going to be fine.

Melina

Oh well, I have to tell you the following: remember that it could just be the following

1st: the type of the test that has been used on you, was not designed to test for benzos

And the second one maybe they administer the drug tests only in order to select a few out of the total population of samples. You have surely not thought about the fact that whatever the institution is (and especially if we are talking about a school) then they have a limited budget. That is why they are not going to spend all of it on a drug testing. Having all of this said, maybe the only pretended to drug use test everyone, however they really took and examined the samples of some certain people that they seemed “suspicious” or whatever. To be honest, I would not be surprised at all if they simply threw away the samples at all and simply used the testing as a scare tactic. Especially for the OP. those who really want to test you for drugs they won’t tell you this, they would do it randomly and you won’t even know when they do it. since they TOLD everybody that they are going to be tested, even TWICE per week – my guess is that it really might be a scare tactic.

Anyway, in order to help passing from your system faster then you could drink water as well as cranberry juice as they might help. good luck to the OP.

Toliman

Melina said:
</p><p>Oh well, I have to tell you the following: remember that it could just be the following</p><p> </p><p>1st: the type of the test that has been used on you, was not designed to test for benzos</p><p> </p><p>And the second one maybe they administer the drug tests only in order to select a few out of the total population of samples. You have surely not thought about the fact that whatever the institution is (and especially if we are talking about a school) then they have a limited budget. That is why they are not going to spend all of it on a drug testing. Having all of this said, maybe the only pretended to drug use test everyone, however they really took and examined the samples of some certain people that they seemed “suspicious” or whatever. To be honest, I would not be surprised at all if they simply threw away the samples at all and simply used the testing as a scare tactic. Especially for the OP. those who really want to test you for drugs they won’t tell you this, they would do it randomly and you won’t even know when they do it. since they TOLD everybody that they are going to be tested, even TWICE per week – my guess is that it really might be a scare tactic.</p><p> </p><p>Anyway, in order to help passing from your system faster then you could drink water as well as cranberry juice as they might help. good luck to the OP.</p><p>
</p><p> </p><p>Well, in fact you should know that this test is being made to me every single month by my personal physician. I am literally peeing in a cup and then I can watch them dropping the urine into each of the 5 or even 6 things (not remember well) that they are testing me for. there are a lot of photo online showing how the drug test looks like. Or similar to that. while I am there, I need to sit in the room right behind my nurse and then to wait for her to finally say whether it is positive either negative for each one of them and then and the sheet back to my doctor. That’s happening before my doctor would write me a new prescription. That’s logical, he wants to make sure that I am not overdosing, or I thought maybe he is being cautious that I take my drug and not sell them. I have also noticed that there are sometimes when he is having a 10 panel test whereas other times he can give me a 5 or 6 panel test, however every single time he has done it, and regardless whether it was a 10 or 5 panel test – every time the benzos has been on the list. That’s logical, benzos are one of the drugs that has the highest potency of abuse. However, they are not being supposed to be used with the drug that I am being prescribed by him (suboxone, which has nothing to do with benzos), but he still always tests me for that. as long that I know that I am fine – I have no problems with that.</p><p> </p><p>Anyway, about the drink that I have told you above. to be honest, I have never been a big fan or believer in drinks or things like these to make you pass the test. However, I have also never been in such a big “danger zone” right before I would have a drug test. This was the reason that I accepted it and I decided to take it. besides, this drink isn’t something that I thought about (since I have no medicinal degree), it is something that I came across while I have had a quick google search and this is what I have been given. I have read there that you are being supposed to drink that entire 32 oz bottle 2 hours before you are having the test (not sure why, but whatever) and it has also been written that you are supposed to drink 64 oz of water on the top of that, after you drink it. it has also been mentioned that you need to urinate a few times before you are going to urinate for the test. Since I drank so much water, it was very easy for me. anyway, when I went it – my urine has been literally like a neon yellow green color. My sample was like that, I know cuz’ I’ve seen it myself.</p><p> </p><p>Either way, of course I am not so sure whether I have passed it because of that drink or not, or either due to the fact that I really drank a lot of water… not sure, or maybe their test has been a higher minimum threshold for benzos. Either way. what I do know for sure it is that it has been indeed a legitimate test and that I indeed passed it. <br />Even so, you are having a really good point up there about the drug tests that are being expensive and that are being used more or less like a scare tactic for kids. This tactic, I am sure that it is being used more than other people think that it is in fact used. Other people may never think that it is used like that. I don’t know. anyway, I am sure that this does not apply for me since my doctor is actually charging me 60 USD only for the drug test itself, pretty sure he does it, especially because I am paying for it.</p>

Monique

So well, look, the half life (the time it is taking for 50% of the drug to be removed from the body) it is 10 to 12 hours as it has been said above. having this said, in perfect conditions it is completely removed from your body within 20 – 24 hours (one full day). well, since the storage in the fat cells is negligible then theoretically it might even take Xanax a few days in order for you system to be fully cleared. Having this said. 2 to maximum 3 days and you should be perfectly fine. but, even so, waiting for 3 days and you still might test positive. The reason why that might happen is if you are using some other benzodiazepines or some very large amounts of Xanax (or you used Xanax for a very long time). if any of this is the case then I personally would recommend you to stay clean for no less than a week if you want to pass the test. Also, another very important thing for you to remember it is that the drug test is actually testing for the benzodiazepines and not the Xanax specifically, this is the reason why you need to be sure that you won’t take absolutely no other benzos, like for example Ativan, Valium, Restoril and so on and so forth, because if there would be any of them (including Xanax) then you’re going to test positive.

However, Melina’s point was great. I mean, I can’t believe that a school would start testing their children. I mean, normally a school has a few thousands children, testing each one of them…. well that’s too damn costly. I also thought that this might be only a scare tactic. Whatever it is – you should be on the safe side and not use any benzos if you do not need them (don’t have a prescription for).

ganow1963

Hi everyone, I think it is not a good idea to take these tablets without a doctor's recommendation because you may get no improvements but on the contrary, you may experience some adverse effects. In normal circumstances, this drug is completely removed from your body within 9-11 hours. In rare cases, if you are suffering from obesity 20-27 hours is needed to remove this drug from your body. I think you should consult a doctor if you notice any health problems. Good luck!!