I don't feel being myself, is this anxiety symptom?

whatdoesitmean

Hi, I'm having a problem that is really affecting my life, I'm not feeling like myself, I feel very and very weird. I don't know how to explain in better. I can't think normally, I can't think clear like my thoughts are in the background and when I'm speaking I just don't feel like doing it, I speak but I can't hear myself. Sometimes I feel like I don't know who I am and that's why I have thoughts like I'm going crazy. All this is scaring the sh*t out of me. Like I said is very hard to explain, is like I'm continuously dreaming and I can't wake up, everything around me look so unreal. The biggest pain I have deep inside of me is that I feel like I care less and less about the entire world and even about all the people including those I love. I feel like absolutely no one understands me and that's why I never visited a doctor about it. I have a feeling like all this is going to last forever, like is never going to end! I see that my problem is getting worse as the time passes as a cycle of emptiness. I'm so confused about all this. However I have some moments when I try being optimistic and a little bit more positive, I'm trying to find a little more meaning in my life, but mostly I just can't seem to get a grasp on the world or its meaning. I just really hope that this is a stress and it will go away. If there is someone who understands me and feels like this please reply. I'm going to feel better knowing that I'm not alone.

Morne1985

Hello there,

You asked and wanted to know if there is someone who understands you and if someone is feeling like this, well now you know that you're not alone and if this helps you then we can chat. I'm in a similar situation to yours right in this moment and I've been feeling like this for about the last three months. At first I was very very worried about what I'm feeling and what I'm thinking, but then I decided to give it a try and search the internet someone who's feeling like me. I've found this forum and you and is helping me too the fact that I'm not alone. I've found out that many people are suffering from the same symptoms that me and you have. I feel like I'm detached from myself and everything around me is fake, isn't real. I'm very lightheaded and when I walk I'm like not walking but teleporting my body. I can walk for hours thinking about nonsense and then realize that I'm in a other side of my city. This is really strange and I think that I'm going into a deep depression.

The only thing that makes me a little more happier is that I know for sure that symptoms I have are common for other people and they are classic for anxiety and depression. All people are suffering from anxiety, some more and some less, but I'm sure we can make thru it! Whenever I have these symptoms I try to ignore them and hope that they are going to pass by itself. I really hope that you're feeling better after this!

MMMaster

Hi, I wanted to say thanks a lot for your replies because they are helping me so much! I gives me so much hope when I see that there are also other people who are fighting with the same problems as I do, I don't feel so crazy anymore after reading your posts! I think that it more depends on our soul, on what we really are inside. Our souls are more likely to be responsible for getting thru this than our physical brain. The brain is just receiving and sending information about what is physically around us, but how we feel and if we truly want to escape from this depression or anxiety our soul is responsible. Recently I have told my mother about how I'm feeling and what's going on with me, she just smiled and said that everything is going to be just fine, I was very suprised when she told me this and I asked her why she does think like this. She replied that she had the same problem approximately at the same age I am now. As morne said, everyone is struggling with anxiety, but we just have to make thru it! I was thinking about going to a psychiatrist, I told about this to my mother and she said that there's no need. She went when she had it and the psychiatrist said that this problem is common and it's 100% curable. I do believe in that and I even started to feel better myself and now that I see others with the same problem I start feeling even more better. Once again thanks for this my friends. I truly hope that everyone who is having this will read your posts and will get better, as I did. I sincerly wish the best for you all and good luck!

Morne1985

Hello once again Master, you are very welcome!

I really wish that all people around me with whom I'm talking every day could understand and know more about anxiety and depression, however they don't and they cannot understand what I'm go through right now. That is why I feel better and not so alone here, I know that people understand what I'm talking about, they can relate. I'm a such person who is always worrying about everything and anything, I'm always stressed out even if it's anything serious, I'm constantly over analyzing and all this made me feel how I'm feeling right now.

I didn't metion that in the past I was experiencing severe anxiety attacks and every single time when this happened I would get the depersonalization feeling but for only about an hour or two and then go away. Unfortunately this feeling is constant nowadays even though I'm not having these anxiety attacks no more. I don't know why or how, but it's strange and that is why I'm even more worried. No anxiety attacks but constant depersonalization I don't even know which of them is better.

Today and for the last couple of days I'm feeling like I'm all surrounded with fog, like I'm looking around through some haze. This can't be normal, I'm feeling like a zombie, I can walk but don't know where, I can think about something then realize that few hours already passed. Couple of days ago I went to a doctor to check out if something is wrong with me because I thought that I might be sick or something might be wrong with me if I'm all like that, however the results came back normal and the doctor agreed that it might have to be anxiety or depression. However I'm sure that everything is going to be OK. I'm really hoping that you and I are just fine, we just need some time! As I said, all people are suffering from anxiety but we need time and we'll get better! I know that this is going to happen sooner or later!

whatdoesitmean

Thank you all for so much support! To be honest I forgot about this post and today I accidentally remembered about it! I forgot about it because as I said I was so detached from myself, I barely remember what I have done during a day. However I'm feeling a little better since then, I still have the same symptoms but I'm just feeling that I'm getting better! Or maybe I just have that optimistic time that is going to go away, as usual. I don't know. I'm just glad that I see others who are going thru the same thing, as I said I don't feel so alone. Maybe I just need a little more time to get better? As Morne I would really like to talk about this too, I'm feeling better. Thank you for your kindness and hope that all of us are going to feel much better soon.

EDWARDY

Hello there, I’m going to be 16 in few weeks and but I’m having the same feeling for a little less than one year. I am feeling like this since august last year and it seems way too long for me to have this feeling. I’m not feeling like being myself anymore, I wasn’t like this before. I’m feeling like I’m completely lost and all about I’m thinking for months if this is real. If life is real, if everything around me is real or not. I’ve tried to talk about this with my mother, I’ve asked her what she thinks about reality and how we can tell that everything around us is for real but her answer wasn’t really something what I expected. Honestly, I don’t know myself what I am expecting but I can feel that there is an answer to my question. I’ve read all your posts and I’m feeling pretty much the same as everyone of you, maybe with slight differences. I’m just in search for help. I’m still young, very young and I don’t want to live this way anymore, I can’t live this way anymore. at the end of each day I’m always having a feeling like I just got through that day and that’s it. I do love life but I just can’t live it. I love my parents and my friends but for one or another reason I feel like something is wrong. I really don’t want to scare or to disappoint people around me but… I practice sports, I have friends, I have family, but still something is wrong, like I’m not living my life… please, I wanna get some help, in fact I really need some help.. it would be awesome if somebody could tell me the best treatment for my condition…

RDS

I am getting the exact same feelings. Once, I have had them before, about one year ago but they suddenly came back again about 2 or 3 days ago. One hard thing for me is why did they come back? Nothing really happened and they suddenly appeared. I got rid of them the last time but I just don’t know how I have done it. they just simply disappeared. Now, they are back and I don’t know what I need to do to escape from them once again. Another hard thing for me is to hide the way I am feeling from my husband and from my children (my boy 3 years old and my daughter 7 years). I really don’t want this feeling to affect them as they are everything I have in this life. In fact, I think that this is the hardest thing I have ever been through. Being a mother is a hard thing but trying to be a good mother while having this feeling is extremely hard, harder than anything else. This horrible feeling is completely separating me apart, like 2 people are inside of me and they are trying to separate. But I just want to enjoy my life and to make my children happy. I know that my feeling is also related to anxiety and I have had this a year ago. Since then I have tried to fix everything and to fix my life but the problem is that it came back now. honestly I don’t want to be a pessimist but there are some cases when it is almost impossible for me not to freak out about having this feeling. I wish so hard that there would be somebody that can wave some magic wand and I am free from this feeling. Hopefully we would all get through this but…