I experience heart bump

Giread

I decided to post it here because when I visited my doctor he said that this is from stress. I'm talking about my heart which bumps once in a while but lately, the last 2 weeks or so I get them every couple of hours and definitely something isn't as it should be. I really don't know if this is a heart palpitation or no that's why I think it is better to post this on anxiety and stress topic. Anyway I got a stress test 5 months ago and the result was fine and an ecg around that time and also good. But, nowadays I can be sitting then suddenly I can feel a boom in my throat or my chest, I suppose in my heart. I know that anxiety can cause all types of symptoms and maybe some of them inexistent, however I know that I'm not crazy and this is worrying me very much! I'm afraid that I can pass away any minute and I'm not joking! This heart bump can happen any time, when I'm sitting, when I get up or I get a deep breath, it doesn't matter but since they are occurring often then my situation aggravates. I'm not a doctor but I don't have to be to understand that this is bad. I have a thought that I got arritmia or something like this, but not sure. Do you think that something serious could develop in such little time? Someone else can relate? I truly need your help

whatdoesitmean

Hi there, I am suffering from what have you wrote there for about 3 years now! When this first occurred I also was scared and I also visited a doctor who made a heart scan and said that everything is fine with me and I just should relax. Well I'm still getting this heart thump but I'm much calmer now. I mean that I'm not freaking out so much because of this even though I'm having it daily. Sometimes it can happen only once per day, but there are other days and this happens several times a day. To be honest I agree with your doctor, it may be from stress, I'm not diagnosed but I know for sure that I'm suffering from stress. I'm feeling strange continuously but sometimes I get a thump so hard that I'm feeling lightheaded for a moment. I agree with you also that something isn't right and this thump shouldn't be, but, if both our doctors said that everything is fine with our hearts then I think it is logical that we need to trust them. What I noticed about it: I smoke and I drink coffee and whenever I smoke a lot during the day or drink too much caffeine it causes the heart thump more often so this heart bump is caused by stimulants such as nicotine or caffeine and it is nothing major. Stress mixed with these stimulants I think it is expected to cause something like this. I understand if you won't believe me so you can try to search further but I doubt you will find another opinion. Moreover, I know other people how are suffering from the same problem and they are just fine and they also agree with me. Hopefully this is going to help you

SingleMother

Hey you two, thank you for posting this! It has really helped me to understand what’s up.

Before I started to google my symptoms I truly thought that I’m the only one with this but it seems that there are a lot more with this problem. I’m 37yrs old single mother of two kids. I’m doing really hard and I never have time to relax. I’m working really hard for them and my last 3 years I can’t remember anything but cleaning, cooking and working at 2 jobs. I’m very stressed lately (especially these 3 years) because I have no money.

Moreover when my kids are sick I’m in panic every time. I’m very afraid and I start thinking that I’m going crazy already. I don’t know why (because I wasn’t so stressed back then) but I used to have these symptoms when I was younger and again I don’t know why they have suddenly returned back.

I finally got a little time and I went to a doctor to see what that is. EKG test results came back normal even though my rate was a little higher than normal. The doc said this isn’t a big deal and also added that many people have higher rate level.

He said that for my problem a bit of exercising and a good diet can help me out but I’m doubtful that I will have time and money for this. Anything else? I understood that this isn’t life threatening but I’m still a bit concerned or I shouldn’t be? Any opinions?

RubyRytha

Hey everyone, it's amazing how many people have this thing! I was searching info about them and I'm so happy that I found you guys! Your posts have made me feel much much better already only by reading them! I got an appointment at a doctor these days and all the tests came back normal and I was scared as hell! They also have done EKG, blood tests and others but in the end they could say nothing. When I read your posts I finally understood what is going on because I have a history of years now of stress, anxiety and everyday work and problems! I tried to deal with them and it seemed that it was successful (once in a month I went to forest where I could stay for a whole day in quite relaxing myself). However suddenly like out of nowhere I started getting the symptoms you have already described up there: heart thumping, missed beats and others. I'm just happy that I finally confirmed my problems thanks to your posts. Besides this I don't have any problem! I'm generally very healthy woman, I'm fit and no history of any major issues. I don't take any medication that could have as sides effects my symptoms so I'm out of ideas what should I do about this? This is everything I need right now! I mean that some suggestions or recommendation of what should I do to stop these thumps and missed beats would be great! I already tried some things like relaxing myself, kind of yoga. Some relaxation techniques. But none of them worked, I can have these missed beats and heart thump right after finished these relaxation exercises. I just hope that this issue won't lead to other health problems... Now I'm just slightly lightheaded when they occur and that's all...

Lisssa

I have the same sort of thing and to be honest I am concerned but thanks to you guys I'm a bit calmer now. I mean that it is great to see your posts showing that it is likely stress related rather than heart disease or something really serious. It seems strange but whenever I put a finger on my neck I can feel like my heart is stopping. I know this can't be so because I would be dead right now if it would really stop, but I'm just sayin the way I feel. I'm not very active, unfortunately, but whenever I try to do a bit of exercise I can have an asthma attack and firstly I thought that these two problems are connected. These asthma attacks appeared not so long ago, I just started having them. I definitely have stress in my life as in my personal life as in my carrier and it is really hard for me to take care of that, as for anyone else I guess. Now I'm thinking about cutting down with the alcohol and caffeine beucase in my opinion they have an important role in this problem of mine. Don't you think so? I would really like to know if this helps. I just really want to get my normal life back and to relax for a while. I'm 47 yrs old female and I have struggled with stress related things for at least 20 years old. I guess this is just too much for me, or I don't know. As I said I'm thankful that you mentioned it is not a heart disease but I would like to visit a doctor just in case as soon as possible and maybe I will get some answers there.

Symone

I see that there are others too who have those symptoms of the heart thump so I assume it's not something really unusual. Sometimes it can happen a few times in a single day, then I'm not getting it for a while and suddenly it happens right away. These things are very scary, when it happens I'm thinking that I'm going to die. The hardest part is that no one believes me when I say that it literally feels like my heart stopped. When this thing happens it makes me to take a deep breath, like my lungs stop working along with my heart and then, after this, my anxiety kicks in and here I go crazy like that. I understand you guys perfectly but I can't understand how to change it. Anyone else noticed that taking a deep breath brings in the anxiety?