Ibuprofen with Fluoxetine interactions

MargareT

Hi there everyone… can you help by answering whether fluoxetine and ibuprofen are dangerous to be taken together? Is there any negative interaction between these 2 ? please answer as I really need to know that they are safe (or not) to be taken together… all that I know is that the ibuprofen is not recommended to be used alongside with citalopram, however I just cannot seem to be able to find any information concerning ibuprofen with fluoxetine. And by the way… I must point out that I would just want to use ibuprofen on some occasions when I need to take it… absolutely any information regarding this thing is going to be very much appreciated, thank you very much for everything!

GraceNr12

hi there… here’s what I can say in regards to this… yesterday I have had an upper GI endoscopy exam made by my doctor for my digestive system issues that I get through. Cramps, heart burn and so on and so forth and after the procedure has been done, the surgeon has diagnosed me with gastritis, which, wasn’t a big surprise (but the test had to be done to confirm). So, I am taking 2 morning and 1 evening fluoxetine and I had been using ibuprofen every single day and I have been told by my surgeon (who performed the test) to lay off the ibuprofen due to the fact that he thinks that they might play a role in my cause of having gastritis. And that is why, I am not any longer getting any ibuprofen. Now we just have to see how it all goes. The surgeon has taken some biopsy samples in order to check if my issues could be some other stuff as well.. anyway, I really hope for you that this is going to help you anyhow and that you are not going to have any more problems…