Info about south beach diet

Elisa J.

a very simple question. What is south beach diet and how it works? Generally I would like to find out everything about this diet, I’m very interested what I need to do and in general everything about it. so if you know anything about this please reply. I tried other types of diets and I think that this one will be the next one, I would like to know how to do it in the right way without failing. I really hope that this diet will be the best one for me because others that I’ve tried doesn’t work. So it would be nice if there’s somebody who have ever tried this method and knows better everything. Listening someone who have some personal experience with it would be nice.

Mysecutage

hello darling, I will try to provide you the most information about it and the best one in order to make you understand what you need to know and to do and what you should not. We will start with the basic thing that is consistent in the diet and this is the low caloric intake and low fat food that you have to introduce in your diet. As quite all the diets that promise to change your life and to create a miracle, in order to lose all the weight that you want and very quickly you have to eliminate the fat that you eat and obviously the bad carbs. 

this diet was created and introduced by Arthur Agatson that is a cardiologist from Miami, that’s why I think that the name of south beach diet came from Miami. This doctor recommends people to eat the right fats and the right carbs. First of all Agatston developed this diet in order to help people that have problems with their hearts to lose weight and to control their cholesterol level. In fact people that are fat and have heart diseases have more problems with losing weight that’s why finding how to lose weight was very important for them but in the same time it was so hard. The thing that I love most from this diet is that this diet promise to eliminate your cravings and to full your body with nutrients and vitamins, this is great because usually all the diets are based on eliminating the calories but without thinking about what our body needs in order to be healthy, that’s why this diet was invented for those who have heart diseases and would make you lose weight while staying or making you healthy. The diet promise to keep away the lbs that you would lose away forever, I can’t comment this thing because there are a lot of diets that promise the same thing while at the end you find out that if you don’t use the same diet for all your life you have a lot of possibilities to gain weight again. I can describe the diet just from the Agatston words, you’ll have to find out someone who tried this diet in order to make a good review for you. The first thing that this doctor says is that everything starts very hard when you wasn’t on a diet, the first phase continue during the first 2 weeks, when you start to lose from 8 till 13 pounds depending on how much your metabolism works. From the description I can conclude that the diet works very well and it is really a healthy one, at least that’s how I think about it. It’s a good approach to eat and to eliminate the weight that you don’t want. I would prefer to try this diet, first of all because it was invented by a doctor and the second thing because this was a diet invented for people that have some disease, from this we can conclude that if a perfectly healthy person will use this diet then it will be a perfect diet, without side effects comparing on how many other diet have. The first phase is considered the most difficult one, because if you have never was on diet it will be a little bit difficult for you to eliminate bread rice, potatoes and fruits. After 2 weeks starts the second phase of the diet, when you can introduce some of the back foods that with a very reduced quantity, remember that you can’t stay just on the first phase and after this to start to eat again as before the diet because you would definitely start to gain all your weight back. You start to move in the third phase when you are ready to, this means that you stay on the second phase till you would reach the goal that you want. After this the 3rd phase starts when you are ready to admit that you love that weight that you have and that you want to have it and to maintain it for all your life.

I’ll try to explain better what can you eat and what not in order to make you understand better the level of difficulty and to know what to expect for. Of course I think that you understood already that this depends from the phase that you are in:

1st phase: the most strict one that includes, a lot of protein such as beef, seafood, eggs, cheese, I would like to add also chicken and turkey. Include in your diet some good fats such as olive oil, omega 3 that you can find on fish and such things like avocado and canola oil. There are also some carbs that you can consume but they should be low glycemic index, so there are vegetable of course such as broccoli, tomatoes, spinach, cucumbers and eggplant. There are also some limits and you should avoid some food in order to increase the weight losing level. So that’s why avoid please fruit, fruit juices, starchy foods, dairy products and alcohol.

The 2nd phase: starts with introducing in your diet the carbs. Fruits and whole-grain bread is the best choice, whole grain rice, pasta and sweet potatoes is the best choice. In this phase you have to know that you can’t expect to lose the same weight as in the first phase, so expect to lose just 1 or 2 pounds a week, I mean, in the 2nd phase you would lose much less weight than in the 1st phase. So after you lose the weight that you want to and you know that you would like to rest like this for all your life you can pass to the phase 3. This is the easiest phase because you can eat quite all the things that you have eaten this before the diet but in less quantities. You have to remember that you have to maintain your weight. There is obviously no food list to follow but you have to make a good food choices, so this mean that you have to eat healthy and to indulge yourself sometimes. If you would see that all your cravings will start again there is a recommendation that I think that is a good one to use, is to go back to phase 1 and 2 so to make them disappear. I think that generally it’s a good idea, and I consider that when you are on a diet you can’t do these just once in your life and to forget about this forever. Sometimes you have to repeat the diet once twice or more times per year in order to maintain the weight that you want. I think that if you would get used with this diet during your entire life, you would definitely see the difference and you would also see that you avoid the weight problem forever. I love that in this diet it’s easy to find all the ingredients that you need and it’s really easy to cook them. All the food that you need you can find on the supermarkets and you can stay relaxed about restaurants because there are a lot of foods that you can eat there, salads and other types (I’m saying this because there are other diets that doesn’t allow you doing this). There are a lot of snack bars and smoothies that you can buy if you have to take some food with you. The south beach diet is not based on exercise to work, it promise you that you would lose weight without going to gym but if you still would introduce the gym in your diet it will help you to lose weight faster and to be healthier. This diet is also friendly for vegetarians and vegans the only thing is that you’ll have to fill in the gaps of protein, in the book there is the description of lean meat in order to increase the protein intake and of course once you are vegan or vegetarian you have to use the vegan or vegetarian protein.

I think that you can find the info of some delicious vegan or vegetarian dishes online and to prepare this at home. At the end I can add that there are some their sites that can offer some tools in order to help you, some tools to lose weight, recipes, and customized meal plan with you want and community support, of course you have to pay for all of these but they are still very helpful. I hope I helped you somehow and hope that you would enjoy your diet and will reach the weight goal you want as soon as it is possible. I wish you good luck with that ;)