info non-lancing glucose-meter?

NewTrendy

hey there everybody. can any1 of you tell me anything about those tech meters that does not require the lacing to draw blood and test it?  I’ve got to say that my brother is almost completely blind and so he is not able to see the blood sample to touch the test strip to. I did have tried to research those things but so far I have had no luck. I mean, I did found something online, of course, google has them all, however I would like to get something that gooogle can’t help me with. thank you very much for any given infroamtion. I would appreciate a lot!

Brutbuly

I am sorry but I have to tell you this: sadly, your options are being pretty limited here. you can either go with a sensor that it is requiring blood or go with a continuous glucose measurement system. Maybe there are some other options but unfortunately I can’t see them now. a continuous glucose measurement system is using a sensor that you are inserting under your skin and leave it in place there. I am by far not an expert regarding the diabetes, however I do believe that those generally measure the interstitial glucose (which, as much as I know, is changing more slowly over some time) instead of blood glucose, that is why your measurements are pretty much likely going to lag a little bit behind the actual blood glucose levels that you (or your bro) has.

The only totally non invasive method that I have been aware of, the Gluco Watch, has been withdrawn years ago. not sure if they re made it. and also, you could get talking glucose monitors for the blind people, in case that would help you.

James Leftie

Hey there, thank you extremely much everything. I just have read some information about the continuous monitoring system. I remember I have seen a while back some TV ads about the non invasive meters but I know that they are misleading and they are pretty much lying everything. They only want to get their patients on the medicare so they are going to bill the government some over priced meters and supplies. It really does not look like any corporation is producing a non lance device due to the fact that they are making way too much money on the meter supplies.

Pretty much as with everything else in this world, it is all only about money and definitely not about helping those people who are suffering and truly searching for help. I do appreciate your help a lot! thanks for all!

Hanran

oh yeah, that would be such a big relief not to have to keep continuing to prick my finger like that. even though it does seem to be nothing, it really is annoying and a solution for that would be very welcome. I really hope that soon they are going to come up with something. I do understand that they only want your money, but we would pay for this one either. not sure if they would have anything to lose then.

In the UK, the diabetics are getting all of their medications for anything at all on the NHS so we really do not need to pay for the meter supplies. That’s amazing I think, for me and other people like me, however it does make me feel a little bit guilty when considering the fact that there are other people that are having heart conditions and unbelievably but they do have to pay for their medication here and it seems that it does not matter that they need those medications because they need them to live. Yeah, I appreciate that I am getting my diabetic medication in the NHS, I really do appreciate, that’s amazing indeed, and I truly wish that it were the same for everybody else, but unfortunately, it is not me who makes the rules so… I just guess I have to be thankful for what I am given. Even though I think that I find myself thinking that anything that it is not diabetically related really should be paid for by myself, however it is not like that. the same rule for everybody else… I mean… hey.. come on. but I’m not the big boss… in fact, I’m not the boss at all.

Hancock

“I remember I have seen a while back some TV ads about the non invasive meters but I know that they are misleading and they are pretty much lying everything.”

Yeah, that’s true, I have also seen those ads myself. the trick in the lance it is embedded in the lancer. So well, on the commercial they have been showing the lancer that it is touching the skin, however what they are not showing it is that as soon as you pop the trigger the lance (hidden) releases into the finger.