Insomnia and SSRI medications

diannnne

My depression problems where always something that I have had and I’m trying to pass through this as soon as better as possible. During all these years I have tried a lot of SSRI including effexor, Zoloft and some time ago I started to take lexapro, I think is quite a good drug, it helped really very fast. My problem now is another thing that can’t make me feel free is the insomnia that I started to have since May of the past year.  Since the very beginning I started to think that this is correlated to my depression, but after some months after I have seen that it doesn’t pass I started to think that there is something to worry about. When I started to take lexapro I thought that it will help me to fall asleep. At the beginning the first 3 weeks it actually worked for me, but after this I started to wake up around 4 a.m. and after this I couldn’t fall asleep anymore. I thought that it will be a great thing to take it again at 4 a.m. and I thought that it will help me, but my doctor was against it. He told me that if I will take it again at 4a.m soon the effect of lexapro will totally disappear and I will need to search for another drug. He also told me that he will try to find another drug for me in order to switch the old one, and he also told me that he is sure that we’ll find the one that will be okay for me and will help me to be asleep all the night long. Any way since that day passed 2 month and my doctor still doesn’t know what type of drug to prescribe me and what to do.  I’m desperately searching to fall asleep but I can’t. There are 2 months that I woke up at 4 a.m. and just trying to do something in order to not die from boring moments.  I even tried to go to bad late at 1 a.m.  trying to use the drug in order to fall asleep and to woke up at 8 a.m but when I did this I started to wake up at 5 a.m and for me it’s the same thing, like nothing changed.  So here I’m maybe you’ll be able to help me, I would like to know maybe some of you have experienced the same thing, maybe you know what type of drug to take in order to eliminate this problem. Please help me this is really disturbing me, I can’t work and I can’t do anything because during the day I feel myself exhausted and sometimes at the work I want to sleep so bad but I can’t do this. This is ruining my life!

tameeka

From your story below I understood that lexapro help you with your depression but now you started to experience insomnia and the same drug that help you from depression can’t eliminate the insomnia problem. In this case and judging from your entire story below I can conclude that actually the insomnia is not related to your depression. The thing is that sometimes we focus so much on one problem that we forgot about the fact that another problem could not be related to the previous one, and your situation can be one of this. Try to talk with your doctor about this possibility, maybe he will be able to prescribe you a drug that will be totally related to your insomnia only. I’m quite sure that your doctor have thought about your insomnia problems as the effect of your depression, and i’m sure that he didn’t get the fact that lexapro helped you. Tell him not to switch the drug but to add something to your drug in order to complete it. I’m afraid that if you’ll switch to another drug you can get again the depression problems and after this trust me your life will transform in hell.

Eva123

I have had insomnia and a bi-polar disorder for many years and I have used seroquel for this, it helped me really very much. In fact, I don’t know if you can use it for your depression, but I have heard that some people actually use it for this and this helped them.  You can try to switch from that drug to this one and to see its reaction on you and if it will become worse than you can always switch to your previous drug. I think you should try using more drugs in just really low dosages and then you’ll see if this is worth it or not. I’m really cool with seroquel, and I can recommend it for all of those who have the same problems. I remember all my drugs problems that I have had before seroquel and I remember how many other drugs I have tried to use before I found this one that’s why I think that you should do the same thing. I’m really happy I have tried all the drugs and that I have found the best one for me.

peaceful

Why don’t you just use melatonin, in comparison with other drugs that are suggested and in comparison with many other dangerous drugs that we have on the market this one will activate your sleeping system and nothing else. Try to focus this time exclusively on your insomnia problems and nothing else.

Try to think that the only thing that you have now is your insomnia and nothing else. You don’t have to fuse these 2 problems together. Remember that the thing is that actually usually when you focus on one problem per time you get more efficient results. Every problem have its own solution and you have to find it.