Magnesium helps a lot with TMJ related pains

Bried

Hi all. let me share with you my story. 4 days ago I have went to the health food store and there I have seen 2 natural remedies for TMJ and I thought that it might be a good idea to give them a try especially because I have been doing research about them on the internet, one of those remedies is kava kava (it is made for muscle relaxation) and the other one is magnesium. The first one that I have tried was the kava kava. The good news with this is that it truly has relaxed my muscles so my tmj has loosened and I have been feeling great with it, however, there is also the bad news which is that it has worn off after only 4 hours and it is very toxic to the liver to take this one more than once or 2 times a day. I really do not want to risk with my liver. Slowly but steadily, the spastic muscle pains were getting worse and worse and I have figured it out that I would need to resort to the advil once again after I ate something. During the dinner I have taken my usual vitamins (my usual vitamins are vit c, vit e, calcium, d2, d3 etc. etc.) but this time, the only difference was that besides that I have also taken a 300 mg of chelated magnesium. Right after that, the time I should have taken the advil, I have got a phone call and I have completely forgot about taking the advil right after dinner. I went to the computer doing my stuff (because of that phone call) and I have been pretty shocked starting to notice that my jaw muscles are relaxing instead of getting worse, that’s because usually, when I sit there at the computer, my tmj pain is getting worse and worse. I got shocked because my pains were literally disappearing gradually. That minute I have been thinking that I have taken my advil but I simply forgot about that. but no, then I’ve seen that I really didn’t took it. then I understood: it was the magnesium that has worked so fast and so well. Believe me or not but it is now the 4th day since I am taking that magnesium dosage and guess what? yeah it is the 4th day since I have been tmj related pain free. You should really try it out if you have similar problems to mine, that’s because it has even helped me with the tense muscles of my neck and my shoulders – it is now gone too. generally it feels so freaking-tasting! I have had toast for breakfast instead of the usual oatmeal I have been eating (I am now so so so sick of this oatmeal!). not sure why but I think that taking 100 mg at each meal and then 200 mg of it before going to sleep is the best way of using it and that’s exactly the way I do. it really feels sooooo good without having those pains! And I need to mention that the pain is not simply dulled or something, but it is completely gone! This is an amazing method that I did not knew about it in the past and that’s why I wanted to share it with you people.

I am just amazed that something so simple has helped me so much with a problem that was annoying me so much for so much time… besides, it feels very good that I am taking something for this problem that it is rather beneficial for my body instead of being something that would hurt my body as kava kava damaging my liver. I really hope that some of you would try this magnesium method out and would find it as beneficial as I did. It purely killed all the pains related to TMJ.

duganD

"Hey Bried and everyone else reading this. I’ve come along your post since I am also having “TMJ” related pains and I have your post really interesting and the fact that you have said that magnesium has helped you so much with your pains and so quickly. I have never heard about magnesium being used to treat any kind of pains and that’s why I would like to talk more with you about this. plus, I want to ask you some questions. Like for example, what precisely do you have pain from? I am just trying to say that there are a lot of people who are simply saying TMJ, but this is the actual joint. The reason why I am asking you this question it is because I am wondering maybe you might have what I am suffering from too?? that would be awesome because if we are both suffering from the same thing then I can assume that the things that are helping with that should be the same, no? well, both of my discs in the TM joint are anteriorly displaced (both of them were pushed in front) so in this way my bones are not cushioned anymore by this cartilage disc. I would really like to know if you have had this and I would appreciate a lot if you would answer this as well as what have you done in order to get rid of this every day pains. Also, maybe there is somebody else who has or have had a similar situation to mine and got rid of the pains, I would like to talk with anybody who can help, not just with OP only. I am just curious if this is his/her case, if somebody else can relate – please reply.

Anyway, I am guessing that I need to try the magnesium too due to the fact that I am also suffering from headaches, jaw and neck pains and so on and so forth. I am now thinking… if this really helped you that much, how much time it is going to work this way? Would it ever stop from working so good? I am always feeling somehow relieved when I see that different people are actually finding some help in different and various ways using different methods. As I have already said, I would really really like to talk with anybody that is experiencing similar issue and especially with somebody who has had the same thing as I do and has healed up. Thank you Bried very much for your thread and thank you all others in advance for your replies! I wish you all best of luck!

sofa66

Hello out there. I have TMJ and I know what’s that to suffer from pains from it. I have completely broken my jaws because of it. what the docs have told me was that there has been something wrong with my discs and my bones where flat and that it was beyond repair. I have had cramps in my face that have been so severe that I have broken 3 of my teeth to the pain I have needed 2 implants as well as one root canal.  I am also suffering from fibromyalgia as well as a lot of other issues too. well, I am using parts of Gerson therapy (included coffee enema), exercising daily, as well as daily drinking about 1.5 to 2.5 liters of fresh made vegetable juices (every single day) and meditation as well as other things similar to these like good diet and so on. Generally a healthy style of life. trust me, doing this has change a lot, as I have great results from them while I am not using any meds anymore now. however, my jaws have been in a very big problem, I can assume the biggest problem that is why I did botox and good news is that it has really helped me very much for this, however, now it is winter and some of the cramps has returned back. While winter was approaching my cramps were slowly returning. However, it is not even near as how they used to be, plus I think that as winter would go away, the cramps would too. so I guess I am going to try the magnesium method too. anyway, what is awesome is that a few months ago when I have had my jaw checked once again my docs told me that there has been some amazing improvement and I do feel that myself as most of the time I am having absolutely no troubles with them at all. yeah, I would do try the magnesium and guess I’m going to do it soon, however, besides that I also advise you to improve your health in general, you should change your lifestyle to better and you can improve very much your health through juicing (you surely need to get yourself a juice machine), and also you need to avoid the foods that are promoting you the inflammation! This is what helped me and you may trust me you may not, but I assume that it is well worth a try, no? Plus, something else I can tell you is that fluoride is also having some devastating effects on the bones, you should be very careful with that. I’m just telling you this so you would know what to do in order to feel better because as I said, I know what’s that to live in pains from TMJ so I hope very much that this is going to help you and that you will feel better soon! each one of you! by the way, if you want to chat feel free to talk me anytime you like as I am able to recommend a bunch of documentaries about health and things like this that has completely changed my life to much much better than how it used to be in the past. I wish you all to be pain free and I also wish you all the best! have the best pain free wishes ;)