marijuana and autoimmune disease

SummerMosquito

I’m kinda worried about my boyfriend a little bit and I still don’t know what to do… I really need your help before doing something with this. First of all, the most important thing is that actually not so long ago I have found that he is suffering from the autoimmune disease, at the most scary thing is that I actually think that he have found it some time ago and just didn’t wanted to talk about this with me. We have talked about his situation many times, and he explained all problems that he is facing and all de difficulties that he is passing by. He assured me that everything is under control and that he is constantly speaking with his doctor about his situation. The only thing that is worrying me is that he sometimes uses to use marijuana and when I asked him about the fact if he told about this to his doctor he started to change the topic of our conversation and started to talk about something else. I just started to realize that he is trying to hide this from his doctor and I think that this is one of the most important things that he have to say to his doctor. I don’t know how to react and I don’t know if I have to be worried about this or not… Okay I don’t know much about his disease just some things that I have read on internet, some things that my boy told me, but I don’t know much about diseases interaction with drugs and other bad substances… Please help me first of all to understand if I’m wrong or not, and if I’m right that this could harm his health please help me to decide what to do...

William Suhr

Hey, hard to say if this can help or negatively affect the overall health situation of your boyfriend. There are some examples that I can offer you and I think that first thing that you can deduce from the things that I’m going to tell you is that you have to ask your boyfriend more about the type of the Auto Immune Disease that he has.  For example I have the Still’s Disease and this is a form of RA, you can find a lot of information if you google it. I just tried to use marijuana some years ago and I can’t say that I have had any good or bad sensations. It didn’t help me at all. I have heard that it depends of the type of disease you have. Some people use it to get rid of the pain that they experience, other just are going through this because they already have used it before for fun, and this just doesn’t harm them. In case that you are saying that your boyfriend seems to be really strange and doesn’t what to talk about using marijuana, this could be because of the pain that he is experiencing, depression of the disease or may be just because he already used it before and just what to use it as before. My brother’s friend had used it because of the MS and he just needed it because of the pain that he had experienced. You should definitely speak about this with a doctor, for example you can just consult a doctor and to ask him about your boyfriend situation. This could be a totally different doctor, that maybe you see for the first time, this can help you to be more relaxed when talking about your boyfriend’s situation. You can try to talk with your boyfriend before going to talk with the doctor; maybe he could feel the same security and freedom about talking with a stranger that wouldn’t judge him.  Hope you’re going to find the right way to talk with your boyfriend and to solve this problem.

MellyMac

I don’t think that this may affect the autoimmune disease, never heard about this actually… so many people are using marijuana to get rid of the pain, in a lot of situation with different diseases and autoimmune disease is one of them. I know- I’m sure that marijuana does nothing bad to the heath… and doesn’t affect the autoimmune disease… I mean the only way how it could affect your boyfriend situation at the moment, is the pain relieve…

ReXxX

WTF people are you kidding me right now? You really think that marijuana have no negative effects on the people’s health? Actually there are a lot of experiments that show that actually marijuana affects really bad the immune system, it damages the lungs and the heart, it increases the heart rate and higher the blood preassure, I don’t think that if you are healthy and have no diseases it wouldn’t influence your health. I understand those people that have serious diseases and there is not any other drug or medication that can help to get rid of the pain, I understand them, I understand their situation and the fact that this is the only thing that they can do actually. I really do think that those people just don’t have any other options and they are forced to use it because otherwise they wouldn’t be able to support this pain. I really think that if one person is able to avoid it he should to it… I think that you have to speak with your doctor immediately about your boyfriend’s situation. If you feel that he is hiding something, if you feel that he really needs help, just help him because you are the person that should take care about him… I think that he will understand your decision to ask a doctor about this… Actually I still don’t understand the only fact that you allowed him to use marijuana even before he knew about his disease… he should stop using them, and I’m quite sure that your doctor will tell you the same thing…

MellyMac

ReXxX said:
</p><p>WTF people are you kidding me right now? You really think that marijuana have no negative effects on the people’s health? Actually there are a lot of experiments that show that actually marijuana affects really bad the immune system, it damages the lungs and the heart, it increases the heart rate and higher the blood preassure, I don’t think that if you are healthy and have no diseases it wouldn’t influence your health. I understand those people that have serious diseases and there is not any other drug or medication that can help to get rid of the pain, I understand them, I understand their situation and the fact that this is the only thing that they can do actually. I really do think that those people just don’t have any other options and they are forced to use it because otherwise they wouldn’t be able to support this pain. I really think that if one person is able to avoid it he should to it… I think that you have to speak with your doctor immediately about your boyfriend’s situation. If you feel that he is hiding something, if you feel that he really needs help, just help him because you are the person that should take care about him… I think that he will understand your decision to ask a doctor about this… Actually I still don’t understand the only fact that you allowed him to use marijuana even before he knew about his disease… he should stop using them, and I’m quite sure that your doctor will tell you the same thing…</p><p>
</p><p> </p><p>OMG you are so wrong, I’m trying now to feel calm and not to tell you the things in the most awful way… I’m really sorry about you, and I’m sorry that you think that marijuana doesn’t have any good impact on the health… Once the doctors prescribes it to people means that this already has something good and influences somehow on the people’s health… I’m really happy that this exist and that people can have it when they need it the most.. My father have had cancer, and thanks to marijuana he could stay with me longer, to share with me happy moments that I’m going to remember all my entire life… My friend has the autoimmune disease, and uses marijuana too, the pain was so intensive, especially on his pain, that he couldn’t actually walk, now he is doing all the things that he loves, it helps him sometimes to go with friends for a walk, and to parties… This is really important for those that have it.. and you can’t judge people just because someone wrote here about using marijuana while having a disease…</p>

Theaust

This topic is actually something that implies multiple examples some of them are positive other negative, but I truly believe that actually there are positive and negative things everywhere. It’s right that marijuana helped a lot of people to get rid of the pain that a special disease generated, but you can’t deny that marijuana have bad influences… a lot of bad influences. Of course the marijuana influences are different from one to another and the influences if linked as well with the disease that the person has. I don’t know about the cancer situations… of course cancer is something really serious, and there are some situations when you understand that worse than cancer nothing can influence over your body now. Speaking about autoimmune disease which is our topic at the moment, I can truly say that marijuana has a really big bad impact over the person’s body. The most recent researches shows us the really negative impact, mostly because people that have autoimmune diseases fight against a lot of infections as well as can influence longer term cancer development. We can’t conclude now is this rather good or bad for those with autoimmune disease, but the only thing that I’m sure right now is the thing that someone told already here… the difference of autoimmune disease types and the way they are confronted. I think that, actually this may be true, the fact that some people with autoimmune disease have, and can use the marijuana, in comparison with some other people that have other type of autoimmune disease and just can’t use marijuana as it can really affect negatively they already difficult situation.

ReXxX

This is what I was talking about.. I don’t know what some people understood from my post here, but I explained it really well, the thing actually is that generally people that use marijuana have really a high possibility to develop some bad diseases, that’s why it’s really bad to use marijuana, unless your doctor prescribed it to you. I understand those that don’t have any other options…

SummerMosquito

Hey, thank you all for your posts and support. I think that there is no necessity to fight for the right opinion because I think that all of you are right. I just decided to talk with the doctor and I think that this is the most appropriate conclusion made thanks to this topic. I really think that marijuana is bad, the fact that my boyfriend used to smoke marijuana before he found out about the disease, trust me that this is something that I wasn’t indifferent at… Of course I couldn’t do much to change his mind on the fact that he shouldn’t smoke marijuana, and those days when he felt okay, at least I felt myself better because the only thing that he had to change was the bad habit. I’m worried now, because I was totally sure that he continues to use marijuana because he used to use it even before he found out about the disease… I can’t be sure at the moment that this idea isn’t right, but I truly hope that at least now that he is using marijuana is just because he really needs it… and that at least now marijuana has something good to supplement my boyfriend with… Hard to say what is going to happen tomorrow, but I really hope that I’m going to turn back home more relaxed.. Thank you again for your help...