More info about vasectomy?

Alex21

I have heard about vasectomy but actually I don’t know so many things as I would like to know, it’s really interesting for me. For now, I know just that this procedure is made in order to sterilize men and to prevent pregnancy. I would like to know more about this, if this is possible. I’m not interested to do this but I have a friend that talks about this every time and I seriously think that he wants to do it, he always told me that he doesn’t want to have babies so... I would like to find out all the possible information, like symptoms that can appear afterwards, what to expect from this procedure and all the information that a person needs to know before doing this step. Thank you very much in advance.

MBernic

Hello my dear friend, I think that it’s very good that you decided to find out more about this, it really seems to me that you’re caring about your friend. Even if you don’t need it, you can help your friend to know more. There are a lot of men that are not interested to know anything about it, they just know as much as you and that’s all. Every time we like to change something in our life, we have to be informed and to assure our selves that we are ready to accept the consequences. So I will try to help you to understand more and to find out more about the Vasectomy and its effects.

First of all I will start with what is vasectomy in general. As you said in your post, vasectomy is a form of birth control for men but the most important to mention is that is meant to be permanent which means that as soon as you’ve done it, there’s no way back. What generally it does? so practically during vasectomy there is a health care provider that closes or it will better to say blocks the tubes that are used to carry sperm. So without doubts when the tubes are blocked the sperm cannot leave the man’s body and this way there is no possibility of pregnancy. When vasectomy blocks the tubes it definitely keeps the sperm away from the spinal fluid. There are many questions about it and some people are really interested what the body is doing with the sperm during the sexual act if it is not ejaculated. Practically it’s absorbed by the body and every time a man ejaculates it happens again. Talking about effectiveness you can be sure that there is no risk to fail. Once the vasectomy was done you can be sure that it works. Vasectomy is one of the most effective birth control method and converting all the information in dates it’s near to 100% effectiveness. There is one thing that men must know after having a vasectomy done. It definitely works but not immediately, as all the procedures that a person do it requires a little time to recover, in our case vasectomy requires a little time for tubes to get used with the fact that they are blocked and that they and that the sperm have to be absorbed not ejaculated. In this case a man has to use other types of birth control during approximately 3 months after the procedure.

You can find a lot of stories in internet of men that write about bad effects of birth control or that complains about the fact that it doesn’t work. Most of the stories about this are liked with the fact that these people don’t know that they have to wait 3 months to see the results. Of course there are some of them that complain that even after one year it doesn’t work, in this case you have to talk with your doctor to control again the tubes and too see if they were correctly blocked because sometimes the procedure isn’t made as it should hence the effects are not those that are expected, in case the procedure is correctly done, as I said above, you’re 100% safe.
there is no reason to worry about the fact that you must wait 3 months or to worry about the fact that being sure about good vasectomy work is hard and impossible to identify the actual situation. There is a test for those who like to know if the vasectomy has worked and to be sure about the effectiveness and it’s the semen analysis which shows when there are no more sperm in your ejaculation.

the test is a very simple one, and requires to masturbate of to use a special condom which help to gather the semen and to examine it. If during the examination under the microscope they find out that there is no sperm in your semen then you can be sure that you are protected from pregnancy. There are some situation in which tubes can grow together again and in this case there are chances to cause pregnancy but this rarely happens and its chances are about 1 in 1000 cases.
Usually I remind people about the fact that this procedure doesn’t offer protection against sexually transmitted infections. There are a lot of men that think just about this fact “pregnancy” and forget about “infection”. It’s very important to know this and to take it under consideration when you have an unprotected sexual act with a person that you’re not sure is healthy. The fact of “non containing sperm in your ejaculate” doesn’t mean that you can’t transmit or you can’t receive the infection. Be careful about this and I recommend you to follow my advice and to remind about this to your friend, I find it to be an very important point regarding vasectomy.

There are 2 types of vasectomy which are different a little bit one from another. The first one doesn’t require a cut and this it the “no-incision method” the second one obviously is the one that requires the cut “ the incision method”. The fist method is one that most men like because it’s doesn’t requires to use the scalpel, there is just one puncture that is made to reach the tubes, that are tied off and blocked and it doesn’t require so much time to heal. It’s a good method because when there is no scalpel used there is a minor possibility to receive an infection and it reduces the bleeding.

the second method is a little bit more complicated, it starts with anesthesia that is injected in the pelvic area, followed by the incision on the scrotums to reach the area of tubes that carry sperm and of course at the end blocking the tubes.

of course vasectomy is not for everyone and it’s hard to believe it but it has a lot of benefits for those who doesn’t need to have kids as your friend, it’s safe and it help couples to enjoy sex without any risk of pregnancy. There are no worries about the hormones or masculinity because it has no impact on this. It also doesn’t affect your organs or erectile functions or even the sex pleasure, everything stays exactly like it was before but except the sperm that is not ejaculated anymore. Sperm and hormones continue to be produced continuously without any problems but the ejaculation is a little bit different and the semen is devoid of the sperm.

for those who are interested but are not sure if it’s a good thing for them I’ll share some classical points that can make you understand if this is really good for you or you should avoid it:
- first of all you would like to enjoy sex without having the opportunity to cause pregnancy.

- you don’t want to have a biological child in your future and you accept this thing without doubts.

- you don’t like any other methods that could be used and you would like to use something more precise

- your needs are equal to your partner’s need without troubling about your future situation.

- you accept the fact that your family is complete and you don’t need any other children.

- you agree with the fact that sterilization for women is more complicated and you accept to use vasectomy instead of subjecting your partner to sterilization.

Even if you feel like this is for you and you feel like you’re ready to do this you have to remember that there are some disadvantages. Maybe now you feel like you want to have no children in future is the thing that you really want but as I already mentioned once: remember that once you choose to do this there is no way to come back and to change this, never. If after some years you would like to have kids this wouldn’t be possible to do in a biological way. In case you decided to do this and you are sure about your decision I would like to give you an advice, at least to save your sperm to sperm bank. Before doing vasectomy doctors usually recommend it to their patients which lately, patients are very thankful to their doctors for giving them this advice. Trust me, I know that you feel like this is not necessary for you, but it will be better to do it, It will be a possibility to an alternative insemination. There are a lot of other things that you should know about vasectomy but I have tried to summarize at least the most important things that should be aware of before starting to think about vasectomy and doing it, this is an extremely important step in your life and I suggest you to think twice before doing it. there are a lot of young men in their 20’s doing it and then… regretting. Personally I have kids, and when I was younger I thought about this thing but I’m glad I decided to use some other alternative birth control options.
hope I helped and I answered your question.