My period stopped after two days - what is this?

Lucinda

Hello, can someone answer my question? Recently I thought that I'm pregnant because my period was a week late, however it started so I thought that it was late due to other factors. It started 3 days ago and it was as usual, no heavy discharge and no little spotting and normal colored. Well yesterday I woke up and there was no blood anymore and nor today. Yesterday and today I've had no discharge anymore. This is really weird for me because my periods usually last minimum 5 days but now it completely stopped after 2 days. I am still having some on and off mild cramping and I'm really confused about what is going on with me. I never had something similar before. I can't figure it out. Has any one ever had this and why would it stop after two days of spotting? These questions are driving me crazy. Thanks in advance.

Stylest

I'm struggling with the same problem and this is really confusing! I have missed my period for 9 days but after that it came only for 2 days. It stopped and I never had it back. It started on 7th may and it stopped 3 days ago also in the morning when I have noticed that I have no more discharge. I took one pregnancy test few days ago before my unusual period started but I will take another one tomorrow. Certainly I don't have so much hopes as I had last time but maybe there are miracles? I can't understand what is going on and I'm going crazy because of this! I don't know what is going on with my body and I hate that! I also still have menstrual cramping so I can't figure out what is going on. How to have a two days period even though I can't remember having a period less than 6 days? What should I do? Someone ever been thru a similar situation? What is the end of your story? And do I still have some chances of being pregnant? This is very important for me, please help!

margie

"hey stylest, don't be so disappointed! sometimes it happens like this and a real life example is me! i have got the same problem when i was pregnant with my daughter. i also didn't know what is happening to my body and i was very scared thinking that i have a major health problem, but it was just my pregnancy. sometimes unusual bleedings (for fewer days than usual, noticeable lighter) are early pregnancy symptoms but many women missunderstand this and they think that this is only unusal menstruation due to external factors (diet, temperature, stress etc.) so don't be so stressed, your dream might be true now. i remember that i also got my period in the day i was expecting it, but it continued for 2 days and then totally stopped. directly answering your questions:

Q: ""How to have a two days period even though I can't remember having a period less than 6 days?""

A: you might be pregnant or something could interfere with your menstrual cycle (the reasons i have mentioned above)

Q: "" What should I do?""

A: visit a doctor, he will be able to say 100% why you have it

Q: "" Someone ever been thru a similar situation? What is the end of your story?""

A: i have been and it ended up just perfect!

Q: ""And do I still have some chances of being pregnant?""

A: yes you have, sometimes hpt show a wrong result!"

daannaa

WoW! I'm having the same thing as the first two girls! The exact same symptoms! My story: I was supposed to get my period on june 16th or 17th and it didn't came. I have done a home pregnancy test to see what is going on on june 20th but it was negative. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant for few months now but without any success so far. Well, in the end I thought that I got my period when on june 25th I start bleeding but today it completely stopped. Few hours ago I only had the last bleedings and it was so little that I could see it only when I wipe. My period is usually 5 to 7 days, I have never had before 2 days of period. I am having some symptoms of pregnancy but why did I had negative test? I really hope that it was not high enough levels to find my pregnancy...

duganD

SO I'm totally confused now. I have been feeling pregnant for over the last month but when I took a HPT it came back negative and now I'm trying to search the internet my symptoms and I found this syte. I got many pregnancy signs such as: extra hungry, emotional unstable, noticiable more trips to the bathroom, very tired and after first two weeks some certain smells made me feel sick. I did not had morning sickness but I know that every pregnancy is different so it may be that I'm from those women who don't have morning sickness? Anyway, few days before I was getting my usual period I always felt that my boobs are  more sore and I have always got bloating feeling around the time I was supposed to have a period. This time I didn't had either tender breasts nor bloating feeling. Even my period was very strange and unusual for me. It came on time, on the day it was supposed to come but it was very light, the next day it was a day of heavy period, then it went light again. Aren't all these symptoms pointing that I am pregnant? I never felt like that before, it's very strange for me. I took a test two days before the light period day but it was negative and it left me perplex because I was almost sure that I'm pregnant. Anyway, all these symptoms are known to anyone? Can someone tell me if it sounds like I could be pregnant or crazy? I will do another HPT these days but I'm concerned that it is going to show the same result as the previous one...

Lowdethe

Hey people. I need some help please. after I have seen your posts and I have no idea on what I should expect or think about. I’m completely out of ideas. What I do know for sure is that I have had a very and very weird month, weirdest I have ever had. Not sure why but I think that pregnancy should be seriously considered. so well, my periods are always coming on the 2nd day of every month and it is always lasting only 5 days which means that I have it started with 2nd date of the month until the 7th date of the month. However, this month is different because my period has arrived 8 days later than it should be and I DID had unprotected sex with my bf one week before my period should normally appear. Besides, I really felt like I was pregnant (even though I never was before, I do know pregnancy symptoms). Well, my period started 3 days ago on 10th of november and it has lasted only 2 days, yesterday it stopped. Besides this, the period itself was very strange: it was kind of heavy and I was having some minor cramping compared to usual cramps. Yesterday it stopped and now I am still having some cramp feelings and some feelings like sparks in my insert of private area as well as in my abdomen too. I’m not sure what is this and what I should think about that. my nipples are also feeling thin like tender and besides I always feel tired. It is not like me. usually I’m not so tired and I’m not getting so easily tired. I would really appreciate if somebody would help me with an advice. Do you think that this is enough to think that I am truly pregnant?

liberty

I’m also in the same boat and I don’t know how to act or what to think. I am feeling completely fed up and totally confused like you Lowdethe. I have just been on my 2 ww but my period did not appeared when I was expecting that it should. Anyway, I have already done 2 HPT and both of them were negative. I have had one test 4 days (or maybe 5) before I have scheduled that I should have the period and another one on the second day after I was expecting my period. again, both negative. Currently I am on the day 31 of my cycle and until this moment everything I have had was and is only spotting (for the last day).

Anyone who encountered these kind of things can tell me if I am pregnant? In case I am pregnant then I need to give up on smoking right away and I also should cancel those parties I have planned in the near future (with drinks etc.). I am now having a feeling like I should put my life on hold right now. at least until I would find out what’s going on. I would appreciate any advices and recommendations! Please.

Subsed

I am not that scared of pregnancy cuz I would really like to have a baby, the point is that now I am very confused and I don’t know what is this. It seems to me that I am going through a very similar situation like you girls are going right now. I am very confused and I need help. I have had only a 2 day period the last month and this is extremely strange for me, not like me for sure. This is the reason why I have thought that I am pregnant. Besides this I have also had some symptoms of being pregnant. Symptoms like my breasts have been tender for about 3 weeks or so, I was going to the bathroom very frequently, much more frequent than usual, I was also feeling pretty sick after almost each time that I was eating and obviously, the ones I have already mentioned: late and very short period and cramping. Obviously I have tried to find it out so I have done a couple of pregnancy tests but all of them came back negative. Thought that something is wrong with tests, or they were, for a reason, unable to detect my pregnancy. Decided to go to the hospital and to have a blood test done but it also came back negative and since then I am confused… I asked the doctors what’s that and what should I do. they simply advised me to wait, they said that I need to see if I would have a normal period this month but… no, I have had another 2 day period while in the past it wasn’t shorter than 6 days (while some months it could be 8). My last 2 periods were heavy for 2 days and after that absolutely nothing (not even spotting). I’m confused, what’s this? maybe I am really pregnant but my hormone level isn’t high enough in order to read that or what?

Besides being pregnant (which I wish I would be), I start thinking that there something is truly wrong with me? maybe I have a health issue that is hard to detect and it’s symptoms are similar to pregnancy? Lately I start being pretty worried that something is wrong with me and I don’t even know about that. I guess that soon I am going to demand a MRI and some other tests, but until then I wanted to ask for your help. thanks…

By the way, I guess I have to mention this. not so long ago I have used an antibiotic, I was thinking, maybe this is what made me have all these symptoms? I just thought that there are too much and similar symptoms to pregnancy for an antibiotic to give you, no? I haven’t used it that much. it is Zithromax. I have also had some health issues in the past but they were all fixed up with the help of a drug called cipro that I have used months ago. even when I was having lots of health issues their symptoms were not similar to pregnancy. Completely confused…

Mary Heaven

Well. I know what are you talking about. I just decided to let you know that you’re not the ones. I’m not that scared as you are but I only want to ask you out if what is happening to me seem to you to be mainly in my head or there is really something I am thinking about? As I said, I’m not that scared. I just wanted to join this discussion because I am having a very similar situation to you. so, well, my husband was on leave from the military so we are currently trying to conceive and have a baby (our second baby). I have felt pregnant, or better say: alike pregnant. I have had period like cramping 2 weeks before I was due to my cycle along with some other symptoms like for example sore breast, it lasted about until one week before my period was scheduled to appear. Plus, I have noticed that my breast even leak a bit of fluid, I know that this either appears from a health issue or from being pregnant. To my knowledge, currently I do not suffer from any health issues. I have got my period one day later than it should be and I have bled pretty heavy for about 2 days and then I have spotted for 4 days. Surely done some pregnancy tests but… all of them came back with a negative result and I have got some pretty weird look for the medical staff. So, here is what happened and I wanted to ask you girl, what do you think? Is this only in my head?
Oh, an important point here. To my knowledge I am not having any health problems, however I need to say that there is a possibility that I am having PCOS so I need to investigate this thing later to find out for sure.