Natural treatment?

Raul C. Devine

Hello everybody on this forum. I am new here and I am diagnosed with ADD... I do not like to get medications and all kind of drugs doctors are telling me. I do not know what they give me and I would like to know if knows if there are natural supplements for controlling ADD. I believe that natural treating is the best medicine so please, if you know something about let me know. Thanks in advance...

Beatriceeea

Hello,

I once read somewhere that elimination diet and cookbooks that you can find can work very well for a person with add and adhd. Also diabetic and celiac cookbooks can have surprisely good effects for such persons. These diets can get you rid of sugars that over-run the bloodstream resposible for it. I would suggest you to eliminate from your diet all high fructose corn syrup. Everything, every drink (beside water of course), even 100% apple juice and 100% orange juice I would exclude from the diet. Also you should exclude white flour as well as all its products. Remember! sodium nitrate is a trigger and you can't even have bread! You should be on daily magnesium with multi vitamin. You have o remember that all of these supplements take time to be efficacious so you have to be patient. In my opinion is very good that you've tried a different way to deal with your issue. I know cases when doctors prescripted meds for adhd and the patients became depressed, after that prescripted meds to counter the depression and it triggered aggression in the patient's behavior. Trying natural supplements might help you much better than those pills doctors prescribe. However everyone is unique and we don't know for sure that it will have the same effects on you, but it's better safe than sorry. Good luck and hope I helped.

Beatrice

Mia C

Hello, I have a son diagnosed with ADD and ADHD. Of course this is making me very sad but finding out about this I wasn't shocked at all because, unfortunately, we have a family history of mental disorders and this is like a curse for us. Well, my son is very bright and intelligent, I decided not to let this disorder to interfere with his life and we talked to a doctor who put him on a med called Strattera. The problem is that my son became very depressant taking it and the doctor recommended starting to take another med in order to counter the depression. This also wasn't a good idea because my son started to be aggressive. Then the doctor said to start trying to take another med and so on. I gave up on meds because I understood that nothing is going to work out but I'm going to fulfill my son with all kind of pills. We stopped taking all of them and I decided to search information about natural supplements. I was pleased to find out that they are many out there. I've read that studies are showing that fish oil is greatly effective. Also Mind Care by Himalaya is good and Alpha-GPC is a choline supplement. All these supplements are used for ADHD. However all they have a minus and it is that they need some time to be efficacious but I think it is better so than how it was. Now I am still using these supplements and I have been using supplements for some time already. If you're interested in some other things then feel free to let me know about this and we could chat. I hope that something here is going to help you and you'll feel much better ;) ;) Take care

Cassuairtall66

Very and very similar to the Mia C. My son is also having ADHD as well as LD. He is very intelligent, he’s bright, especially comparing to other children his age. But exactly as Mia, we are also having a family history of these things, mental disorders are running in this family and that is why this wasn’t shocking for me at all, I mean, I did got upset, angry and sad but this wasn’t a big shock for me. I guess Mia can understand what I am talking about. He’s been doing very well but when we noticed his issues and went to our doctor for a diagnose he started to use Strattera not so long ago but I immediately noticed that he started to become depressed while being on it too and now that I see that your son had the same thing then I guess that Strattera really puts you to depression. I went to our doctor complaining about it and he said that we should try to put him on some other medication along with the first one in order to counter act the depression but my son also had the same thing as yours because they seem to give them something to get over the depression but it gives them much more because the sudden and uncontrollable aggression has started. Because of this we have had to start with another medication, as our doctor told us… and so on and so forth, I guess that you have already understood where it goes. Now I have been thinking about supplements too. I have been searching info about it and I found out about alpha GPC about mind care and fish oil and many others. I also saw that they are taking time until they would become effective that is why I wanted to ask you if you (or your son) has tried them and I want to ask you how the effects were? How much time it needed? Much more than you have expected?  Or less?  And the effects, were they as you have expected or no?? I would appreciate any information regarding this. I would really want to put my son to natural supplements instead of all those drugs that are slowly killing him. One of them is making him depressed, another aggressive and so on. That’s not right. thanks in advance for information.

ChelsJ

Supplements are very good if you are getting the right supplements only and from only those companies that are still having integrity. That’s because there are a lot of companies out there that are only trying to make a profit from doing some synthetic supplements. In fact, most of them are working like that, there are very few companies selling really good supplements, unfortunately. And if you want to have a really good supplement you have to search for that company. What I need to mention here is that an very important factor (talking if your supplement is good for you) is if they are coming from a raw plant source or no because if it’s no then there’s for no good but if it is then it still have energy from when it was harvest. That energy is accumulated and stored from its life cycle is what determinates the healing factor on you as a human. Anyway, besides supplements there are also other methods that are also working very well and even much more faster than supplements that would help you to heal the body in a natural way, that would help you to heal those symptoms and besides healing the symptoms that you are having it can prevent those symptoms from ever appearing again.