No way to get rid of the odor from the groin area

donnie

Hi people, I really need your help so if someone could tell me what I need to do I would be very and very thankful!!! So, for about a little less than one year my life has completely changed due to the horrible odor I have from below my belt. I’m not sure if you can understand me because I do know that intimal parts can have a smell if they are not washed properly and I do know that this is completely normal but trust me, my situation is waaaaay worse than others. The smell is coming from that part of my body is completely horrible. I cannot stand it anymore and it is so bad that often different people around me like my mother or closest friend are telling me that I smell bad. I know it and I cannot do anything about that. You may think that what’s the big problem? Take a shower and that’s the end of my problem. Believe me it’s not, I have tried EVERYTHING. I bought more than 10 different soap brands and I was scrubbing that region very and very well until it was like red with each of them and nothing. I do take showers, very often. At least twice a day or even more. If I don’t shower twice a day the odor is getting so strong and so horrible that I’m ashamed to stand near someone. After each shower, it doesn’t take more than 15 minutes and the odor is right back. With time it is getting worse and worse. If I don’t shower for a day it itches very bad! Obviously it won’t be such a problem directly for myself but I’m a guy and of course when it comes to the ladies I’m feeling… not good. Each time when I sit near a girl I have to hope that she won’t smell me. I think guys will understand me. I have tried different methods to get rid of this problem and nothing. This is the reason why I am here. By the way I even tried baby powder! It seemed to help for a little more time, let’s say about one hour or so, but no more. I guess it only helps with the sweating but it’s not enough. I want a real solution for my problem!!! I’m really concerned that I have a serious problem! Like an infection or something. I need your help, please don’t leave me!!!

MBernic

Oh yes, what are you thinking about an infection is right. What you are describing up there really sounds like you are having a fungal infection and it’s bad that you wasn’t doing anything about that for about a year but it would be even worse if you will continue doing nothing. You should start a treatment immediately because as you said, it’s getting worse and it will get even worse if you won’t act. Unfortunately labelled "crotch rot" sounds to me and this is nothing good. Sometimes, it may really be horrible itchy from this crotch rot and it may happen very frequent but you shouldn’t feel bad about yourself because of this. You should go better and tell your mother about that if you haven’t told her yet. I understand that it might be embarrassing but better embarrassing now than big problems then. What you should do? I would recommend to keep that area dry, always. You can use talcum powders and you should use them for about 2 months or so until your problem will be significantly subdued. You might also get some lamisil or ketoconazole from a local pharmacy (I’m sure that you will find them) and use it every day for also 2 months. You should use them after you cleaned that area (after a shower) and after you dried the area. If you’ll go and visit a doctor, he may give you creams way more strong than those so that is why you should tell your mother or go there by yourself if you’re old enough. Keep in mind that keeping that area dry as of often as you can is essential, this is a very important step in your treatment and if that means that you should keep paper towels with you, you should do it. If it means that you should go to the toilette every few minutes to clean the sweat off the groin, you should do it. Remember that you may feel embarrassed few minutes, hours, days or even weeks now but then you’ll be fine than waiting and developing way more serious problems! I wish you good luck and be healthy!

Ornelas

I can feel your pain because I also dealt with the same kind of issue for over 2 years! This is such a pain! I went to several different doctors for more than 15 times in all over that time but these doctors are completely useless! I swear! Each of these docs told me that it was a fungal infection and it can be treated with the help of an overpriced fungal cream that costs 99.99$ one single tube. Each of them told me that within one month (in fact they told me 2 weeks) I won’t have this issue anymore.

Guess what? I used this cream for a month and that horrible smell was still there! There was a little improvement but even when I was using this cream for entire months the itching I was struggling with was still disturbing me, moreover, the smell came back later at its full potential (because it was never fully treated). After so much time and so many visits to doctors I was out of ideas what I can do to make treat it. After I thought a little bit about all this, I realized that I’ve spent 2 years of my life and over 6000$ for docs and their medications in trying to search for a solution for this problem that in the end was still there.

Now the funniest part. I was getting depressed and I was already thinking that nothing in this world would ever help me until one day, I saw a tube that my wife purchased for her burn that she got while cooking. I guess that being out of ideas, I was ready to apply there anything just to make my problem go away so without any thoughts that this little and cheap (3.99$) tube would ever heal my problem, IT DID! It’s equaline brand triple antibiotic ointment. It is said to be first aid antibiotic. In less than 2 days that horrible smell was completely gone and within 2 weeks the whole pains, itching, smelling and so on disappeared like none of them was ever there. So after that I was re-thinking everything: I spent more than 6000$, visited sooooo many doctors and spent so many days of my life for a problem that was treated in less than 2 weeks with a small, cheap tube.

What’s I’m trying to say with all this? F**k all those doctors who just want to make money and don’t give a s**t about how are you feeling. They just wanted to spend my money on their useless overpriced products and of course it wasn’t their interest to treat me because if I would be treated, then they would lose money! I am now infinitely thankful to my wife and to the ointment! Donnie and any other who is suffering from this issue, try the ointment! Feel free to ask me anything!

Derrick

Sorry for being so late. As much as it does seem to me it is that you are all suffering from a condition that it is called Jock itch. You can search for more information about it online but I am going to post some general lines about it. this is the male form of female thrush, however on the outside, this condition is a fungal infection and it is (typically) caused by over swearing and fungi and that it is able to grow in there. men, as a rule, are having a much greater chance to get it in the warm time, in the summer and it can be treated very simple and that’s by over the counter thrush creams like for example Canasten 1% cream. Not sure if there are some others, but try this one and you’ll be fine. you need to apply it 2 times a day for about half a month or so and you are going to be sure that this is gone once and forever. This infection is starting between the man’s legs and it is moving outwards leaving a red ring around the outside of the edge of this infection. Besides, you can also notice some singular red patches over there. even if you are taking a shower, this infection is still going to make you feel like you are sweating a lot over there and that’s why you are constantly feeling dirty. To describe the best way possible this odor, it is more like a fishy smell, and it is starting to smell as the semen is smelling but like warmed up.

Next, in order to help to reduce the chances that you are going to get it once again, you should try not to wear any tight fitting underwear (like for example jock straps or also trunk boxers). I would suggest you to wear only 100% cotton underwear and you should also try to have a lot of air to that area, that is why try to make as much air to that area as it is possible. Plus, after each time you’ve taken a shower, dry very well and you can also use some anti fungal talcum powder or at least any regular talc. You need to make sure to keep a spare jube of 1% cream near you. in case you are feeling that you may have the onset coming, you can always pre treat it which means that you can use all these methods before it is going to get any worse. Another recommendation for you is to be aware of the very hot days and try to prepare yourself for them. in case you notice that you are sweating a lot then try to keep that area dry. By doing this you can go to a toilet or something and try to wipe that area with some wet wipes or tissues or whatever you have there. after that (very important) not to forget to dry it well again. do it as much and as often as it is needed and you’re going to see some improvement.

Duryeal

Saw this thread second day after it was wrote on 2015-01-11 but did not replied, as I had nothing to add other than: I have this issue too but I don’t know what to do about that. so… I have also had this distinct smell over my groin area for many years until just recently. That smell was almost yeasty, however, none of the girlfriends I have had ever cared about that so I have also found that this is pretty interested: that area is smelling like absolutely no other part of my body. that was strange so it was interesting for me. Everybody to whom I dated in the past dismissed all of it and they always said that it only was my pheromones or something similar to that. something related to my testosterone as I was a man. Tried to search for an answer but I never found any. Discussed to doctors who also said that I need to use some creams, lotions, pills etc. nothing helped. When doctors also started to blame it all on my manly characteristics (pheromones etc.) I understood that they also have no ideas what they were talking about. Tried to forget about this. now, the last week I got married. My wife and I decided to go for our honeymoon to Key West for a week where we enjoy one full week of fun in the sun as well as watersports. Now, we should consider the fact that Key West is having some of the saltiest water in the entire world. When I was there, a man told me that it has the second highest salinity concentration. So, now the thing is that at the end of our trip and until not so long ago my groin area have not smelled at all… I mean… NOTHING! My wife was joking on me that in fact this was my machismo who died after I have said my vows of matrimony, however, as I have been searching more and more information about it, it mainly seems that I was merely having some type of a fungal growth that was nearly impossible to detect. My wife is still now making fun of me saying that it is my pheromones that are depleting from the lack of deeding to attract some other women to me but the point is that if you are so unhappy with the testicular smell you have then there is a chance that everything you need is to have a high salinity salt water bath. Just stay in there for a while and try doing it every day. pretty sure that at least some of you will find this helpful. as I said, until not so long ago I had no smell down there but it started to return. I’ve used this method and voila… no smell at all. I am not sure what else I can recommend than salts. Maybe there is somebody else who is more intellectual than me can shed more light on this thing and explain it medically. If this method of mine doesn’t work then I don’t know anything else  so I assume that there’s nothing else to do than enjoying my wife’s anecdotal rousing. Hope this would help somebody!