original actifed

Shearer

Hi there people. I have asked this question in other forum sites but since I have not got any responses I have decided to try my luck here. So well, I have literally used to have some really really bad allergies. They were so uncontrollable and but that they were requiring weekly injections to be put by my family doctor. This has been many years ago now ago (I mean, it has been back in the late 70s into the early 80s, as you can see roughly 30 years ago and even more). And now, I can remember it very well when I have firstly tried an Actifed and I remember it so well because it has done miracles to me. I didn’t even expected that I am going to get so so good results from using it. my doctor has also been impressed enough by the way it has worked for me to nix the shots (which has been a x mas present early for me back then). To be honest, in fact, I am still hating with passion absolutely any kind of needle.

And so well, my life just cruised along allergy and congestion and runny nose free for many years, a lot of years, until some kind of alchemist has discovered the philosopher’s stone in pseudoephedrine and absolutely every single wannabe with a chemistry set has started to blow themselves up. And this is why, after all of that, there was no more Actifed, or any other type of pseudoephedrine product anymore. At least no more that I could find for a while.

But I do know that you are still able to get the pseudoephedrine and I have and I have tried it out. however it just MUST be the tripolidine in the original formula all along with the pseudoephedrine that has made the big difference. In the past, the walgreens have had a store brand which has been called wal act for quite a while in the past, however they just don’t have it any more.

And now, with all of this being mentioned, could anyone out here people, PLEASE give me at least any hints or ideas if there is the original formula being used in some brand somewhere that could be purchased? If somewhere out there is then I know my doctor would back me up on it and maybe even including giving me a script for getting it.

I was also thinking that I have big doubts that I’m the only one to have to suffer from this. having this said, I think that some other people out there would like to know about this either, and that’s especially if somebody out there with allergies could also benefit as much as I did from getting the original formula. I only have to say to anybody out there that lives and sleeps day in and out with breathing issues, if you have not given the original Actifed at least one try, then you may be suffering for absolutely no reason right now.

Oh darn… I am sounding now as if I am shilling for obsolete OTC drugs, lol. just please help out an old guy like me if you can and I’m going to appreciate it a lot. Thanks in advance.

McAuley

Unfortunately I have no ideas so I can’t help you with much. The only thing that came into my mind is that perhaps you could search in the amazon for bottles of the 2 different ingredients and buy that, maybe this is going to do the job. Although I have doubts that you haven’t tried/ searched for what I recommended so I do realize that most likely, this is worthless.. but as I said, I just don’t know and I can’t really help. sorry

LovelyLucy

OK… well, Actifed has stopped to make products anywhere like 7 years ago, back in 2010, I was just in walgreens at the pharmacy and behind the counter is Wal ACT, it is the exact same Actifed formula. I know as I have heard of someone asking something like active and I got interested so I asked the pharmacist. I am living in Florida and it is here, I would really check your local Walgreens if I were you, to be honest. I wish you good luck and hopefully you are going to find that something that you’re actually in need.

Shearer

Thank you guys for trying to help me out and writing these posts. I have to say that I did have checked local Ga. Wal Greens and they do not have it anymore and when I am asking them about it they are only giving me some really vague and really confusing answers when asked such as it isn’t being carried anymore or that it has gone to under strictly prescription… I guess you already know… the usual and normal pharmacy line of bull $hit 2 step talk we’ve all went through. And so, if I am trying to explain and ask about where I might find that old formula, most of the ones that are being asked simply brushed me off as fast as it is possible or simply played the ignorant or ‘I didn’t hear your question’. to be honest, by their reactions, I am getting a feeling as if they think I am out cooking up stuff to hurt children if I even ask about this pseudo ephedrine. I do can understand why people hate to use face to face pharmacies. I understand very well. it just shows how much they must be having to put up with real junkies and with the addicts who are bugging them. trust me that I am truly trying to understand that treatment that they are giving to their customers, however I am getting a very and very slow burn going when I am on the receiving end of it.

However, thank you a lot for the tip about the Florida Wal greens. I am going to the cost pretty often with friends so I am surely going to check this out. thanks!

LovelyLucy

Well, the pharmacist as well as the pharmacy tech here has said that walgreens has made their own version for many years now, however I did have noticed that not all of the Walgreen stores are having all the exact same items and to be honest I find this to be quite strange. anyway, having this said, if I would be you then I would check another Walgreen store and see if they have it there (since they’re now nearly on every corner anyway) and maybe you could find it in another store. Or I’ve also been thinking… maybe CVS or Walmart are having a generic version? Really hoping that you are going to find it and would help you with your needs.

Suffes

Well, the pharmacist as well as the pharmacy tech here has said that walgreens has made their own version for many years now, however I did have noticed that not all of the Walgreen stores are having all the exact same items and to be honest I find this to be quite strange. anyway, having this said, if I would be you then I would check another Walgreen store and see if they have it there (since they’re now nearly on every corner anyway) and maybe you could find it in another store. Or I’ve also been thinking… maybe CVS or Walmart are having a generic version? Really hoping that you are going to find it and would help you with your needs.

Shearer

Thank you very and very much for that information. This is the first time I heard about this and I am surely going to be checking into those brand names. Really hoping that it is going to help me the exact same way it helped you out but whatever the case, as you said, I’m also quite sure that it is worth to give it at least a try. I knew that I could count on you guys, that’s why I started this thread. Thanks a lot for everything!