ovary pains problem

HerSo

Good morning. Like any other women I'm going through a new experience such as ovary pain post menopause. I had a hysterectomy on summer 2009 for sever prolapse but my ovaries were retained. Not really what I wanted. Now I’m 63 and had my last period of menstruation when I was 55. I had some pains after the op and later after few months I did the blood test and some other scans but everything was ok and no problem was detected. I was very happy. In a couple of months this pain passed away and I was thinking that my problem was something psychological. After some weeks the pain came back unexpectedly and I knew that I had to get back to my doctor to do some other tests and to see what the problem is. I only know that my right ovary was the one that gave me awful pain when I was still having menstruation.

I was just looking for some one that can chat with me about this, maybe there is someone that has the same problem. Please answer, this is very worrying. Help!

I am feeling so much better only by finding this topic! I understand very well what are you going through and I knew that there are other women suffering from this kind of pain but I just wanted to read their stories. As you, I have a lot of pain in the right ovary and this drives me crazy. As in your case, this is same ovary gave me pains while I had my periods in pre menopause. I am 57 years old and when I was 43 I had my uterus removed and now I’m wishing so much that my ovaries had been removed too back then. I sincerely would wish to go back in time and ask my surgeon to do it. Now I would be feeling so much happier and painless. When I got my uterus removed I thought that after menopause all my pains (of this kind) would end once and forever but it seems that I was so wrong – I have the same pains (or even worse) in the same ovary as always. Besides that I have the same symptoms as I had when I was pre menopausal – bloating, back pain, weakness etc. I don’t think this is something normal, something is definitely wrong but the problem is that nobody can understand what is it. I really would like to read some other stories, or maybe somebody knows what is wrong…

FloE

Hey girls, I just found this forum so I see that it has been a while since you have posted that but I am really wondering how are you doing now and what happened to you ‘til this day. I am also having some occasional dull pains in my right ovary area so I’m a little concerned. I have told about this problem of my to a doctor via chat online but as soon as he found out that I am suffering from IBS he assures me that this is my problem. however, this pain I have is not usual for me. I went to a local doctor and asked him to do a CA 125 so now I wait for my results. I’m just curious what your pains were feeling like and if you know what those pains means and where do they appear from? What’s causing them? What could it be? I need to know what is going on with me because I am very concerned about not having ovary cancer.  I am even more interested in hearing the end of your story. Please write me privately as soon as possible or reply to my comment.