pospartum awful fatigue and dizziness

nikkylicious

Hi everyone. I would appreciate some info regarding my problem. I have had my baby 2 months ago and after one week after that I have started to have a feeling pretty similar to vertigo. Not sure how to explain. I am always feeling like I am very off balanced, I have this feeling all the time. besides that, I am always having the feeling like I am nauseated and I have no appetite at all. I know that this might be related with the fact that I have no appetite, but this is a problem. I have a feeling that I am pregnant all over again for these months. in fact, I even had this thought so I had an ultrasound just to rule it out, (I know, as stupid as it sounds) but I just decided to know for sure that I’m really not pregnant. Of course I have told about all this to my doc but he said that he doesn’t see anything wrong with me and everything should be fine. I insisted, saying that I am not fine and that I need to know what’s wrong with me. so I have been checked for anemia, for estrogen, RA, lots of blood counts, lyme and lately for thyroid too. my doc said that all the tests came back to be normal. I have also had my both eyes checked and I have also went to visit 2 ENT’s. is there somebody else who is having these symptoms either?? I have also had a C section and have only gained approximately 25 30 pounds and my baby weighed 10 pounds. Besides, I am already 10 pounds UNDER my prepregnant weight. Above them all, I am pretty always extremely fatigued. Have lots of fatigue feeling. I’m worried, what’s wrong with me? can you help please? can this be PPD? I would like to talk with somebody who also had this feeling and got rid of it. thanks a lot.

Ella Haleee9090

Hi everyone. I’m not that sure if vertigo and your weight loss (loss of appetite) are both associated with the post pardum depression or no… have you talked with your obstetrician? What does he says? Have you went to visit a psychologist ? in order to have a post natal mental health check? You might get some help there.

nikkylicious

Yeah, I did visited him and the OB is willing to give me a couple of medications for depression, however, to be honest, I don’t really want to go in that way. Tomorrow I scheduled to go and to find out if I am having an Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) because it could be, this I would be why I am now feeling so yucky. I am going to talk with the doc more in my tomorrow schedule and I would ask her what should be my next step that I need to take. Thanks for your reply.

Ella Haleee9090

I’m very glad to hear that nikkylicious. After you would find out, please don’t forget to let us know what your diagnosis is, because this might help somebody else who is searching for some answers to the symptoms that you are having. I really hope that you are going to find an answer to your questions that you would be able to clear the situation as soon as possible. By the way, congrats with your newborn. Good luck to you and hope the best for both of you. have my best wishes.

cursed

Hi, I know what are you talking about. I am also having the same dizziness, and also as soon as I gave birth to my baby who is now 3 months old. I am having no nausea but extreme and infinite dizziness. Not sure on how to deal with it. initially, my doctor was thinking that this could be inner ear so he sent me to ENT and he said that everything is all fine in there. also done some blood tests and everything came back normally either. I have visited one private neurologist a couple of days ago and he said that this was Post Patum Depression and he said that this thing definitely can cause this infinite and awful dizziness I am having. I am pretty relieved as have been so worried. Not so long ago I have been put on some anti depressants and I am having acupuncture. The thing is that I have just started to take the medications that is why I am not sure if they are going to work or not yet.

I have also been suffering from depression after I have had my first baby, but I did not had this crazy dizziness episode. I would suggest you to get some help in order to deal with this thing because I do know very well that sometimes this thing can be pretty unbearable, it is very hard to stay dizzy all day long.