Shows "inbound in customs" for some days

wooker

Hello there guys… can you help me a little bit here? my order has been showing “inbound into customs” for approximately 3 days now (3 days ago I’ve firstly seen it and since then it is like that) I honestly do not think that I have ever seen anything like that before. It does seems like it has been in there for a while now and I don’t think that it is normal for a package to be in the customs for that much… why would they keep it for 3 days? tomorrow would be the 4th day. do you have any thoughts about this? I have been doing a little bit of research about this situation here and on other forums as well and how generally things has been going with the ISC lately and it really does seems like they might be working a little bit more slowly than they are usually doing, so I guess that it is quite possible that it has been this issue… i’m just being concerned about it, I guess and I want to be reassured that everything is going to fine. anyway, 3 days, or 4 days, maybe 5 6 or whatever…. what has been the maximum number of days when you have had something in there in the past and you have ended up getting it? I mean… of course I am not interested in those situations when it has been in there for a month and you’ve never gotten it. but if it did happened to you that you’ve waited a month for it while it has been in there and then you’ve got it then I would be interested in knowing it. I really hope a lot that this sh*it is going to get cleared as soon as it is possible. And also to anybody else who is going through the exact same thing then I wish you good luck as well and hoping together that we would get it.

popo

Oh well… mine has been in for the last 10 days downunder. The longest one without having a LL has been 4 days from as much as I can remember. They have either got their hands full now and are understaffed or a LL is probably on the way to you so… I am sorry. Of course I can’t be sure that this is going to be like that or not, but in most cases this is what happens, especially if it’s going to be there for 4 days or even more than that. whatever the situation, I wish you good luck.

wooker

Downunder… is that what you are calling it, or it is what you are talking about somewhere in another country. Lol. I did have seen that there are some people on here that are getting theirs after it being “inbound” for as much as about 6 days or maybe even a week, and this is why I have not lost my entire hope, however yeah… if it does not move tonight (or in the worst case tomorrow) then I guess that I am going to be thinking the worst (which I hope won’t happen).

Suffes

Hey there, I have had an order from the India hit ISC approximately 9 days ago or so and in the time I have never saw it scanned as “inbound into customs” and today (9 days later) it is finally listed as “inbound out of customs”… just imagine how happy I am now!! I’ve been thinking that this is not going to come but it did. I’ve already been getting ready to email that vendor and to ask him for a reship and to offer to pay for both in the event they both showed up (which I’ve already been having little hope that would happen). And I’ve been thinking that either tomorrow or maybe 2 days later I am going to email him. however, it came!! Finally!

I personally don’t know which end of the problem is on, however almost everything that I am getting from india it is not taking approximately 4 weeks or so for a reason that, so far, I don’t know, with the breakdown as this: anywhere between 1 to 10 days in OPPS, anywhere between 3 to 10 days in customs, a total of anywhere between 3 to 5 days in travel and approximately another week or so in order to get from the NY to my house.

And currently, I am having always planned on 4 weeks for anything at all that is coming for India and I consider myself quite lucky in case it is going to arrive anywhere earlier than that, with approximately 2 1/2 to 3 weeks previously the average. However lately, I am seeing a total wait times from the first day of the order until the day it is finally in my hands anywhere between 4 to 5 weeks from even the very best vendors out there. that parcel that I referred to above in Customs nearly 10 days or so? In case I am going to place an order on the 1st date of a month and it arrives here by the 30-31 date then it is quite good.

Gotta mention here that india is definitely not my favorite place to order here, however there are only too many shenanigans that are going on at some other vendors which had been stellar in the past and now seem to be getting 1 letter in about 10 to its destination so that’s not a good statistic for me and that’s why… no thank you.

Sienna

Hey there OP, I’ve got to say that all of my orders are going through the ISC LA, and thi sis the lowest ISC on the average from as much as I know and that’s why, what you are saying up there totally might happen and you can still be getting it even after waiting more days or even weeks. In fact, you might not believe me but it’s up to you if you would or not, what I do know is that the longest one that I have ever waited for and I still have received it has been 2 months or so. The reason why I have waited for it that long it has been that it happened around the Christmas and during a postal strike in that vendor’s country. Taking this in consideration we can understand why it happened and why I had such a long wait. I’ve gotta say that the average for me when I am having any overseas orders it is anywhere between 2 to 3 weeks in total with my parcel from time to time sitting in the ISC for like 12 or even more days. so 4 days is nothing. It could be sitting in the customs for a lot more and only then sending it to you. in fact, I can tell you that if I either receive my package in less than 2 weeks (but this happened very very rarely) then that’s shocking for me. as well as if it stays for only 2 days or so in ISC. I personally have never contacted a vendor claiming a missing order only until a month is passing, however, this is only my personal rule of thumb, somebody else might be with other ideas and in case you feel like you need to write your vendor then do it. besides, you can do as somebody else said up there, in an event that you are getting both parcels then you are going to pay for both of them… that’s in case you think that the first one is gone and you don’t want to wait very long for the contents in it. good luck.

WildKnight

That’s indeed scary and I do understand you very well OP, my package has arrived in LAX 10 days ago and since then it still has no movement or no more updates showed in tracking. Since it went in there 10 days ago, nothing has changed at all. my package is coming from Thailand btw (if this changes anything) and with all of my past orders I really cannot remember with any of them to be stuck for that long… that’s why I think and I am afraid that there’s something wrong. do you think that I should be worried or not? is here anybody else who have went through LAX? What has been your experience with it? I would really appreciate any comments in this matter!

Loynes

Hey there all. I’ve got to tell you that my very first order that I have had was from India and that package is still now in the NYC collecting dust somewhere in customs or something like that… and it has been doing that since 9th of June… now it is September so I really doubt that it would ever move :D in fact, if I would ever see that package that’s going to be the most “wow” thing ever in my life. plus, I have been expecting to get an LL but so far I haven’t and I am not sure if this is normal… I mean, that’s strange… no package and no LL, usually either one of them should come.

For the reship, it must have simply flown through… it could nt have taken more than anywhere between 5 and 7 days I think.

Alexander7

Loynes, hi. the ISC is being very well known for the fact that they are confiscating packages and not bothering to send out a letter to people. their operating methods are quite as inconsistent as generally the USPS as a whole. I’ve got to say that I have already lost 5 packages from them over the last 2 year snow and I have not received any noticed for the last 2 of them. I am very sure that they have been confiscated, since all of the losses that are in the question here emanated from one and the same vendor and that certain vendor is having some come under scrutiny as of late.

Besides, you’ve got to keep in your mind that after the very first seizure, the probability of subsequent seizures when you are using the exact same vendor is rising exponentially and having this said, I wouldn’t recommend you to use that vendor anytime soon. why is this? so well, that’s because your address and your name are being already flagged by the ISC when this happens and they are added to their database when your parcel is being seized once. When there’s an inbound shipping bag that is being inspected from a high risk area, then they are going to scan the names as well as the addresses of all of the parcels in that bag and cross check them against what they are having in their database. So well, because of the fact that they do so, they are able to pretty quickly identify a suspect parcel without even ever opening it out.

And by the way, for those who are being skeptic about this I’ve got to tell yout hat this is not a theory, this is fact! I can tell you that I have had 3 of my last 5 packages from the vendor I am talking about seized, at the time when almost everybody else has been reporting successful deliveries with the same vendor going through the same ISC. While my chances to get mine, as you can see, has been less than 50%. In fact, I can tell you that I have calculated the odds of that happening and using a 2% of overall rate (you could very easily do so with a binomial distribution) and I’ve seen that it worked out to 1 to about 13.015 – and yeah, those are quite long odds, and probability even overstated, since the 2% seizure rate assumption it is somewhat pessimistic IMO. And, just in case I have not convinced you so far, then just let me to take this one step more here. my 5 packages out of the last 9 shipments that I have had from that vendor has been all seized (lost) and now calculate it. once again, at an assumed overall seizure rate which is about 2%, the odds of that happening are anywhere like 1 to 2.688.903 which means that I would have some bigger chances winning a lottery than this accidentally happening. This is not a secret, anybody can check this out only by using a calculator.

The point here is that in case you are losing more than one single letter to one particular vendor, then it is very and very recommended to you to cool it down a little bit and to search for somewhere else to get your meds. this is why is advisable that you have more than only one vendor. However, on the other hand, in case you are one of those lucky guys that really seem to somehow be able to avoid seizures, then I think that you could probably play the odds comfortably. But that’s a risk you need to take yourself.

Oh yeah, I’ve also clicked to post this comment, however I have also remembered about something that it is rather quite important to mention here in my opinion. I thought that I really need to add to the entire post above that the customs are making no mention of the tracking names and addressed because of the seizures. Here I am not talking about facts but about guesses, however I still think that they want to keep this mum, as it is into their advantage that there is nobody who knows how they are operating so I am quite sure that they would try their hard for this to be kept in secret further. if there is going to be anybody who is going to be caught on this then I think that they could very well start to take some evasive actions. I know that our complacency it is one of their most potent weapons in the perverse “war against drugs (=people)”. I wish you good luck and I hope your orders would never be caught, at least not as it happened with me :D

charger

Hey there Alexander7, do you find it happening more from one country or another or you think that it is quite the same? Or maybe it depends on which post it comes through? Can you, please, speculate more about this? I am not sure if that’s true but I have started to notice that the east coast for me has been faster I guess (I guess we should take in consideration that when weather on west coast is quite bad and it is touted that direction). I’m just trying to learn more and I can tell you guys that I have only ordered from UK and so far I have never had any issues until this moment.

Alexander7

hey there, I’ve got to tell you that I have had a 100% success rate in 5 out of the 6 countries from where I have ordered. In that one single country in which I have had some issues, all of the confiscations have occurred in the last years only, following 3 years or so of completely successful deliveries. This is the reason why I am keeping pouding the table on this specific issue, as soon as that first seizure have occurred, your odds of success with that certain particular vendor is dramatically decreasing, as I have already mentioned it. but let’s assume that you still have good odds that you’re going to receive the second one. however, after the second LL from the exact same vendor then you are most likely (more than likely) throwing good money after bad and I would say that there are no more reasons for you to try getting any orders anymore from that order.

The still positive and good side in all of that it is that the LL “virgins” are always going to have the odds in their favor, and that’s even in the geographic hot spots. Assuming for example that in case a bulk shipping bag from a specific country is getting pulled for inspection by the customs and it happens that you are having a package in that particular shipment then the chances of you still receiving that package depends almost completely on your prior success rate within that particular region that you’ve had, due to the fact that the packages that are having the flagged addresses (which got them in the past) are going to be taken out and are going to be carefully inspected individually. Once again, I am never going to be able to prove this for certain because you’ll never be able to find such kind of information online or elsewhere, unless the ISC is going to publicly admit that they are retaining names and addresses as a part of their ongoing monitoring system, which is very and very unlikely to happen. So those people who are dealing with such kind of situations (but since you are on this thread and especially you’ve reached your reading up until this moment then most likely you are interested) either have to believe me by word or risk it out. however, I still think that it is very hard to argue with the odds that I have posted earlier due to the fact that losing 5 of my 9 total shipments is definitely not a bad luck… if it would be SUCH a bad luck then I have more chances to be hit by a newborn cat in my leg and to die because of brain hemorrhage.