tamiflu and period delay

pinkygirl

Hi all… I am 18 years old and my last period has been 49 days ago. I am wondering whether it is able Tamiflu to cause you to miss a period? I know that you are thinking that most likely I am pregnant, no I am not because I am still a virgin so there is no way that I am pregnant. So please, forget about the pregnant thing. Well, I did some research and it is saying that the medications can cause a period to be missed. I did have taken 1 tamiflu the last month for, if my memory serves me right, 5 days and that’s because my parents have had the flu. In addition to that, I must say that I have also taken Tetracycline for a little while too. Is it possible that the Tamiflu made me miss a period? Or maybe tetracycline? Or maybe a combination of the 2? I really have no idea whether does have anything to do at all with this missed period so if there is somebody out there that can tell me something then this would be really nice. Please help with anything that you can. Thanks for everything.

Vordy

Hey there pinky, you should know that yes indeed, there is a possibility that some of the drugs do interfere with the women’s monthly cycle. However, I think that if you are 100% sure that you just cannot be pregnant then there’s absolutely nothing to be worried about, at least in my opinion. Period cycle do tend to change at time and especially you’re still 18, this might mean that you are going through some hormonal changes and therefore your cycle changes and the drug does not have anything to do with this. or then again, it might be the drug. Or it might even be that condition which has interfered with your cycle for which you have taken Tamiflu for. There are a lot of possibilities. And maybe you haven’t ‘missed it’ it could be that there is a delay this time. I would recommend you not to be worried as stress/ worries are making it all even worse, but in case you are still really afraid then why wouldn’t you go to a gyne? They will surely tell you everything either is everything alright or not. Good luck !

MyBaby

wow, I thought that I’m the only one like this but seemingly there are other people with such problems… I also had 5 days of tamiflu on day 10 of my cycle and I am still having no period although 40 days have already passed. Really worried that there’s something wrong because no period is a clear sign that there’s something wrong unless pregnant, but I am surely not pregnant! Maybe Tamiflu can make you delay period but nobody yet discovered this? maybe there is some kind of new data about Tamiflu and delayed periods? Please? Anything would be appreciated. Thanks!

tameeka

There are some antibiotics out there that impair the blood picture and resulting amenorrhea and as such you are going to find a delay in the appearance of the periods and it would continue like that until your body is going to balance everything out. however, Tamiflu does not seem to affect the menstrual cycle tho… indeed, there is a possibility that you go through hormonal changes therefore the delay, or that the condition has made your period delay or a delay because of stress (like for example, you have your bachelor’s exams – you are worried and you are greatly delaying your period, lots of girls experience this).