thyroid cancer or not? So confused…

Doodzley

I have had some problems during these months and I’m really worried about this. First of all I started to feel some palpitation and nodules some months ago and wasn’t sure what could it be. So the first thing that I did was to pass over a medical control. My doctor couldn’t say what I have had without some exams and I was really happy to know that I am going pass over some exams, it always makes me feel more relaxed and opened about the situation because I always thought that after a doctor is examining you, they are going to know for sure what’s your problem. The EKG was fine, and this was a good thing and at the same time bad news, a good one because I started to think that maybe everything it’s okay and there is nothing serious and bad because after the EKG I couldn’t explain what’s happening to me, you know… sometimes it is better to find out what’s wrong with you and eliminate it once and forever than to struggle and trying to find out what’s wrong with you. I continued to have my palpitations and my doctor said that I have had to do this test once a week in order to see if there will be some changes. Besides the test I decided to do something by myself and I decided to quit smoking and to quit drinking coffee. I can’t live without caffeine that’s why after 2 weeks I started to drink coffee without caffeine. I thought that after some weeks I’ll see the difference but nothing happened, I still felt the palpitations and a strange discomfort in my throat. Some days ago I remembered that my sister have had some serious problems when she was little, she have had high thyroid levels, besides this she mentioned that she have had some strange palpitations and at the end after some weeks she has found out that she have had some micro cancerous cells. She got her thyroid removed because it was in time, and I still can’t understand how I could forget about this. I’m just so worried about this, today I observed that I have a swollen part and this makes me crazy, but the only thing that makes me feel a little bit safer. Anyway I have search through the internet for more info and there are so many examples of different diseases. I’m afraid about the cancer, my sister was diagnosed very quickly and that’s why she could remove it. I don’t know what to think about this… what do you think? Anything would can be helpful.

Rocky

There is a lot of things that you can do, and first of all I think that you have to keep calm. The second thing is to continue to investigate, read more about different diseases and if you want to find out more about them and very quickly then you have to note some of them and to ask questions, to your doctor about everything, try to keep track of what’s your symptoms and which one of them are similar to those you’ve found online. The third thing to do is to stop investigate yourself just by doing the EKG, there are a lot of things that you can try in order to find out what is it, ask your doctor and tell him about your sister, maybe he thinks that you’re okay, and I’m quite sure that he doesn’t even think about the cancer thing. in fact I find it pretty strange that your doctor wasn’t the one who told you to do a lot of other tests after he saw that EKG results are fine.
You have to think positively and I’ll try to introduce the first positive thought: thyroid disorders are very treatable. That’s why you don’t have to be depressed, go ahead till the end. One more thing that you can do now, is to talk with your sister about her surgery and her recovery, even if she was little she has to remember such a moment, if not, then remember parents know every single thing. There are a lot of people that I know that are really afraid about telling something to their parents but it’s wrong. I know that they could help you and your sister too.

you said that you have some nodules and I know very well that when someone has a thyroid cancer there aren’t symptoms like this, this thing make it less cancerous. Don’t forget that your thyroid is linked with your hormones; this is why the next step is to control your hormones, that are very important and if your doctor listened carefully your symptoms then he should have been checked them a long time ago. All this time I mentioned and I underlined so many times that you have to be calm and without any stress, this is because usually a biggest percentage of people that have some thyroid cancer are because of the stress and they don’t even know it. There is no reason to panic, until you won’t find the real reason, you have to research, to go ahead and to continue your life as a normal healthy person you are and simply do whatever you need to do.

Doodzley

oh thank you so much for all your recommendations, it’s really hard now and I don’t know how to control my feelings, I tried to talk with my sister but she don’t remember much or something important. My parents have passed away long time ago and now the only thing that I can do is to believe and to hope that everything will be okay. I’ll continue to investigate and I’ll continue to talk with my doctor about my situation hope that soon I’ll find out the truth. Thank you a lot for your support.