Too early menopause?

DonnaAKyle

hello my dear girls, I’m a newbie and I’m here because I have a big problem and I would like to tell you about my story and to ask for your help regarding it. So, I’m 31 years old and not so long ago I found out that I have some health problems. My doctor diagnosed me with early menopause that was caused by the premature ovarian failure. I have irregular periods but I have never thought about this like about something very bad, this continued for almost 3 or 4 years and I always thought that this was because of my boyfriend and because we are trying to have a baby for that time, besides, I’m not the only woman in the world with irregular periods, no? Talking seriously, telling now that I’m shocked would be an understatement, in reality I’m super mega shocked and I didn’t expected that this will happen to me, in fact I didn’t knew that something like this is even possible. I mean, have heard about this a couple of times but I never thought that this is something that actually happened to a few women, but even if so, I have never thought that this will happen to me too. I have discussed about this with my doctor so many times, and he tried to encourage me to tell me that everything will be okay, but I knew that now I’m in a pretty bad situation. I always wanted to have a baby and I always planned to have it till my 30s, but during these 10 years I was always busy with my career and I thought that I’ll succeed with my family and my baby but later. Now that I found out about this I feel so stressed depressed and I can’t explain exactly how I feel right now. I know that I can’t have a baby anymore and that it will be very difficult to create a family. I always wanted to have a baby and understanding that this wouldn’t happen to me it’s really an awful thing to realize.

even if it happened to me not so long ago I started to think about HRT, I know very well that I can’t start this until a year after your final period, and I’m worried about long term effects, I know almost nothing about menopause, maybe just a few things because, obviously, I didn’t expected to have it at my 31 years and now that all this happened I don’t know what I’m supposed to do. I would like to know your own experience or if there is somebody that can explain me better and more about HRT, maybe how long or if you had taken it naturally? I’ll be very happy about all your recommendations. I’m really confused and I need help

Alits13

Hi there, welcome here and I’m sorry about your situation. Anyway, I have had the same thing and telling you the truth I wasn’t surprised about this. I always was a loser, I know it seems like I’m very negatively thinking and pessimistic and I have a negative vision about my life but it’s the ugly truth. I have had my last period at 25 and after this my boyfriend decided that we are done. Now I’m alone and I think that it’s the worst thing that can happen to a woman. My early menopause started very sudden with some bad effects, sleeplessness, sweating very much and all the time I was feeling very cold or very warm. I don’t know how to dress up and what to do in order to feel better. I went to natural HRT but I quit it very soon because I observed that there were no differences and that this didn’t helped me that much if some. Anyway now I feel okay and I got used with this. I don’t know how my life will be in the future but I can say that I’m pretty an unlucky person. Since I broke up with my boyfriend I didn’t had any other. I’m afraid to have one, because I don’t know how to tell him that I can’t have a baby and that I have menopause at my early age. There are a lot of men that think about menopause like about something very bad and I think that no man would like to have such a woman. I’m sorry about all these negative vibes… I’m just so angry about my situation and about your situation, I feel so sorry for all the women that have had this. Anyway I have positive thoughts about future and I really hope that everything will be okay, even if it’s really hard to believe it. I wish you all the best and I hope you would find your happiness.

GreenUp

I think that HRT can help, but only sometimes. I have used it and I can say that it helped me a little. Anyway it mostly is depending from one person to another and this works differently for everybody, I know that for sure. I have a friend that tried HRT for a long time but nothing changed at all, so that’s your own decision to use or not to use. However, I can say that it will be better to try at least for a short period of time and after this to decide if this is good or not for you.  I’m not encouraging you to try it, but you have to know that there are different effects of HRT on a lot of women, that is why I only want to say that it would be a good idea to give it a try. Afterwards you will decide which is better for you. I’m sorry for this and I know that we can do very little now, but we’re here and we are ready to support you.