Triamcinolone acetonide is proper for cold sore

LooreD

So, hi everyone. the problem is that I am having a really bad cold sore with 2 very big blisters on both of my lips and as you can understand… this is really very annoying. So, my doctor at my college clinic has prescribed me some triamcinolone acetonide coming as a dental paste. The problem is, after I have read the instructions of this medication which is showing that the medication should not be used in case you are having herpes kind of infection that is why it pretty much seems to me that what is being written and what it shows on the bottle are pretty much 2 different things that is why I am now very confused and I am worried and not sure what I need to do. this it he main reason why I am here and I would like to ask you for some help. is there somebody who can help me with a little bit of information? I would really appreciate if somebody would help. by the way, not sure if this does make a difference but I have got the directions from my doc to apply it 2 times per day. my biggest concern is that whether or not this med is going to make sore even worse or not? currently it is in a very bad condition but I really do not want it to be in an even worse condition so that’s why I am now here. if I would know that at least it does not help (but does not make it all even worse) then I would take a chance and use it. is there somebody who has ever used this product for cold sores? If yes, then what effects have you had? Thank you all in advance for everything.

MBernic

Look, you need to talk about this to your doctor. What I am going to say is purely informative because since I have not seen your condition (and I am not even a doctor) I doubt that my words can be taken for certain or at least being more important than your doc’s words. What I am trying to say is that if you have this concern then you should talk with him. Tell him this, that what it is written in instruction is different from the instructions he gave you. so well, the informative part:

The usual drugs that are being indicate as a treatment for cold sores are:

Docosanol 10% cream and/or topical acyclovir – faster healing of this condition

And in case there is involved some pain then ibuprofen or acetaminophen for this pain relief.

Triamcinolone acetonide dental paste it is temporary relief of the symptoms associated with the oral inflammatory lesions and ulcerative lesions that are resulting from trauma. It is not really indicated for a HSV that is being caused lesion, however it may address the symptoms and NOT the cause. Having all of that said – once again, you need to talk with your doctor and maybe to tell him what I have told you here. whether this may or may not help I am not sure, but I really hope so.

Monique

Oh well, while it is totally impossible to completely kill the herpes simplex viruses from your body then the outbreaks of cold sores can be treated well. for example acyclovir ointment (like it has been told by MBernic) can speed up the healing process and to reduce (a lot) the discomfort – to none.

MarbleMe

So hi everybody. I am sorry if this seems to be a little bit off from the subject, however I am also suffering from cold sores and I am also suffering from it since the age of 12 and as you can guess I am so so so so tired of them. these things were really getting more and more worse and worse and more frequent and frequent for whatever the reason (3-4 of them in a one single month). I have went to my doctor for getting some help (of course) but this was 10 years ago and since you see that I am here – I got not help. the doctor PA has suggested me to give a try to 500 mg of L tyrosine every day before we tried RX. It has been 10 years now and I am still getting them, maybe 2 or maybe 3 times per year (but no less than 2 times per year). When I am feeling one coming on, the tingle or some other symptoms, I am putting Triamcinolone Acetonide on that area and it is either not developing or be very very small IF it does forms. And in case it does forms then I am also continuing to use it until it goes away and it goes away, it helps to heal better and faster. Very good thing I think, that is why I think that you might give it a try and check how it works. I really hope that this is going to help you this information.

OuTNumbereD

so look, I am going to try to help you with what I have learned about this. but I have learned some relaly helpful treatments for cold sore, herpes, fever blisters and shingles which are all of the exact same family, so you might want to read what I am going to tell you. Due to the fact that all of these are inflame nerve endings, the things that are being applied topically do not heal as fast as it does help for the things that are taken internally. This pretty much means that you should heal this thing by eradicating the “root”. Even though it is true that you cannot completely remove it – you can very well suppress what’s creating it. let me give you an example. Abreva is being used topically and it is in fact Lysine, however in case you use Lysine 500 mg internally then it is going to work much more faster with much more lasting and better results altogether. In case you take lysine tablets (approximately 500 mgs for 3 times per day) when you are feeling the very first nerve tingle then it may even help you to keep the blister away from popping out and it is never going to appear. By doing this always with the first tingle you will most likely never have them or even if you would start having them then they would be very very small and would go away very and very fast. You need to know that caffeine as well as chocolate which is having caffeine should be avoided due to the fact that they are able to make those blisters even worse, or to make them appear. As well as stress. Stress can either make them worse or make them appear too. this is why you should avoid caffeine and stress as much as you can if you do not want to have problems with these blisters. In case they do appear then you need to know that Vitamin E, Ice and/or aloe vera are some things that when applied it does help, as well as the medicines that has been mentioned above. When the shingles are way too painful to even touch them then you need to apply anything topically, to try to put some aloe vera juice on it (putting it in a spray bottle and then to spray it all over) and when that healing juice is going to be onto that blistered area your healing is going to start well (you may really want to sit in front of a fan when you are going to do it, trust me). The prescription of Acylovir (zovirax) is being helpful for all of the above problems I have mentioned. And once again, you need to eliminate as much as stress as it is possible for you, you need to rest as much as you can and to think on good things as well as happy thoughts and count/list your blessings in order to have a faster healing process.

I would suggest you to try the natural method in the beginning (of course) – avoiding caffeine and stress and adding as much ice, vitamin E and aloe vera as it is possible and this should help but if it does not then go and purchase medications that are taking INTERNALLY because as I said – it does help much better than topical ones. trust me.