Unusual short term fever?

Shearer

So here is my story and if there is someone who can tell me what is going on I would appreciate it very much because I start to be a little bit scared of what am I having. So, last night I started to feel really ill, like when you're having a fever, I mean that everything started aching, even the skin started to hurt especially when touching. Some time later I have noticed that I have abdominal pain and a really severe pain with the same illness feelings. During the night it get even worse because I was getting bad chills and could not warm up even if it seems that it's warm outside and I was under a blanket with clothes on! I slept very bad and I barely felt asleep. Well, this morning I woke up feeling even more ill and with fever. I also was developing bad chills and so on. In general I felt very bad, nauseous and very dizzy, I felt so bad that I could not get out of the bed for many hours. About at 3PM I was first able to get out of the bed because I was feeling almost back to normal completely. This is very weird and I can't understand what is going on. Well now I'm feeling a little bit of sickness but in general I'm fine, I haven't had fevers and chills anymore since I could get out of the bed. At first I thought that I got fever and I'm going to be sick for few days (as usual), but no, only yesterday night and today morning and that's all. I know it sounds like I only ate something bad but I didn't had diarheea and either I didn't throw up nor feeling like I'm about to. Can someone explain me what should I expect next? Or my body is so strong that it won the battle with the fever so quickly? ))))))

excile77

i just had developed the same strange thing last night and i'm still wondering how is that possible?! it was around 7 pm last night when i got a fever of 102.9, i was feeling very bad, had chills very very severe! i was with my clothes on and with two comforters on fully covered my body! i felt like i'm not going to get our of my bed for more than a week but it seems that i was so wrong because today i'm on my feet feeling almost perfectly normal! i definitely lost my appetite and i could not eat anything even though i didn't eat anything since 1 pm yesterday. i went to pool few days ago and i was sure that i got the fever from there but something seems that is wrong. or i don't really know. suddenly out of blue my fever broke at around 2 pm ( i was feeling so bad that until then i could not sleep ). i thought that it's all just in my head and i slept until today. as i said i'm already feeling almost perfectly normal, like i didn't have anything yesterday. more, i fully got back my appetite. all this is strange to me, the first time in my life when something like this is happening. should i be worried?

VictoryA

Honestly, I’m a little bit scared right now as I think that it might be a virus with strange symptoms or something. I’m usually thinking the worst scenario what it could be in every situation and here it can end very wrong. Since this morning, I’m always thinking what if I’m having something very serious that will be undetectable under medical monitor. Well, here is my story: It all began yesterday when about at 5 or 6 PM, I suddenly started to feel some chills and I was feeling feverish. I was feeling totally fine with no symptoms up to that point – then the onset was acute. Few hours later I had severe symptoms, my situation was getting worse: I had severe but usual joint, muscles, and general body aches. Once it started - I was feeling worse and worse until I understood that tomorrow (which means today) I won’t get up of the bed. I had feverish symptoms all day until I went to sleep, but prior to go to sleep I took 4 ibuprofen for my pains and expected severe symptoms this morning. No… I woke up today morning and the fever is completely gone! All aches, feverish feelings and in general everything is gone! Yes, I'm a little bit tired now but other than that everything is just normal. I mean that there were other mornings where I woke up tired. Seriously, I don’t understand what’s going on here and I am scared? Will I develop other flu symptoms soon or it really sounds like a virus to you? Some advices? Please?

ScorIO

Hey everyone out there. I decided to post here because I am also having a very similar experience with you, I am talking about high fevers that are beginning somewhere in the afternoon and that are along with some very and very bad skin pains (of course, without any rashes or some visible lesions, only a feeling that I am having a very bad sunburn or something like a big bruise all over my body). this is all followed with a high fever of about 102 to 103 and this is lasting for approximately 4 hours or so. If I am using aspirin it really seems that is helping against fever reducing it so I am waking up the next day after that like I’m super fine. I am feeling like am able to run a marathon without any problem the next time when a day ago I could barely wake up from my bed. I also started to notice that I am having some joint pains this is why I am now thinking about an auto immune or maybe some genetic fever disorders.

Depending on where you are living and if you are getting some flu like symptoms almost every single month then you could ask your family doctor about FMF (this is Familial Mediterranean Fever) which I read that it is a genetic disorder. But, also there I have read that those very frequent recurrences of fevers are very often accompanied by stomach upsets as well as on an occasion: a skin rash plus joint pains.

Anyway, I have done my research more and I have read your comments (and on other boards too) and it seems to me that most of people that have experienced all these types of symptoms only one time and who have had maybe some other family members, some acquaintances or maybe some friends that have also had a similar scenario of one time short fever then it is most likely that you or they have been exposed to a short lived virus (not all viruses are fatal, not all viruses are long term and not all viruses are easily noticed). hope this would help.