hi to everyone. I am having a LOT of questions about the alcohol withdrawal symptoms and I will appreciate extremely much if somebody here could answer any/ all of them! as I have seen through the posts here, I see expert people who can help and so I beg you people - help me by answering them. and yeah, please don't think that I just wanted to get your help without doing anything, I did have tried to search for answers to those questions myself.. however to my very big surprise, I was not able to find any definite answer through searching the internet… so please. I've got to say that alcohol it is kind of foreign to me as far as drugs are going…
1) please tell me how long does it take in order to develop significant withdrawal symptoms? I mean, I do know that people are different so the answer can be different depending on each person but approximately? does this vary very much from person to person or it is all approximately the same?
2) How soon (of course after stopping) can the very beginnings of the withdrawals be felt?
3) also… the dosage…. how much it is affect the onset/ severity of the withdrawals? I mean… is there somebody who would experience them all a lot quicker or severer or differently from a bout of heavy use in the opposite to the use of alcohol regularly over a longer time period?
4) while searching for info I have always seen 'the shakes'… please, can you explain a bit better what do 'those shakes' feel like? I couldn't find it. the reason why I ask you to give me such a precise answer is that I have been a little bit more jittery in the last few days. but I still can say that it is not very noticeable (I mean, nothing horrible or anything) and mostly if I am also on a stimulant too or maybe even a bit more shaking if I am hungry either. and yeah, in regards of the stimulants I can tell you that they alone have not made me feel like this until now. I find it really strange.
5) it is an every day usage an essential part in building up a physical dependency specifically to alcohol?! what I am trying to say is, for example if there is someone who is drinking very heavily for say one week, then is stopping for like 3 days and after that goes for one week once again and then is repeating this drinking 'plan' for a whole year… what are the chances that such a person is going to develop withdrawals when stopping completely to drink? or if the withdrawals are still going to happen, will they be 'less severe'?
6) and yeah… with all of that being said and back again to the shakes… does anybody notice that there might be some certain drugs or maybe even events that are exacerbating the shakes?
7) one last thing here that I want to answer here is… I personally am not using any benzos, however I still want to ask you… can benzos draw out alcohol withdrawal symptoms?? would it be worth it to try it out and see how it might help me here? I ask this because I do know that they are used in order to alleviate alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
so, that's pretty much everything that I wanted to say/ ask for now. maybe later I would have some other questions but as for now, answering any given number of those would be really great. if you need any more information I am ready to give it, just please, help me answering those questions. also, I just hope that they are not too obvious (which I doubt, because as I said, I have tried to search them online and I couldn't but usually I know that obvious questions are found online). plus to that, you might not believe me but I am typically not that person who is asking a lot of questions like this. it is just the thing that I was not able to find enough details on the static sites alone so that's why I count on your answers now.
also I've got to say something about me, I guess, to make it clearer: I have been drinking now for about the last 8 months (but damn… I was thinking that it is much less, I just realized it not so long ago). the amount that I have been drinking varies very much! and I also have to say that it has not been exactly every day use, but indeed there were some weeks when I was drinking daily. usually, I was having no more than a 12 pack of standard beer per night, I don't really remember to exceed this amount (thought I can't say that I haven't), but normally, I mean 90% of the time, I have been having between 4 and 6 16 oz cans of standard percent of beers. or other times about 2 to 3 cans of 24 oz of high powered beer. other times, if not that then I was drinking a bunch of wine. plus to that, if that makes any difference at all, all of this has been consumed all at once, I mean, I was very rarely drinking all day long, was occasionally drinking a few beers in the middle of the day and then, of course, until I went to sleep, and usually in the evenings.
another thing to add here is that I am feeling like I have been more anxious during the day this last month. and as of recent, a little bit shakey (why I wanted more precise answer on shaking stuff earlier in this post), and that's only when I am starving or when I am on a therapeutic (usually low) dosage of Vyvanse (which is 40 mg and I use it for my ADD, on an occasion I was doubling my dosage up when I have been having a busy day and I needed more concentration/ focusing). gotta say that I have always been a fidgety person, however I still cannot say that I am having clinical anxiety or anything in that matter. like for example, at work I am feeling like I am always being concerned/ worried about what everybody is thinking and stuff like this. and the reason why I am now here asking all these questions is that I have always been like this, however just recently I have started to notice that it is all got a little bit worse than usual and this is the reason why I am wondering now either it is because of the alcohol consumption I used to have or not.
anyway, it seems that I have already made a too long thread so I should stop it here, sorry for getting caught in the descriptions and I hope someone will respond. thank you very much in advance for everything!