what foods i need to avoid before having pregnancy test?

girlygirl

Hey there everyone. can you help please? I am not sure if this is true or not but from what I have heard there are some kinds of foods that are able to cause a false pregnancy test, is this true? And not only that they are able to give you a false negative test (while you’re in fact pregnant) but also false positive test (while you’re in fact not pregnant). If this is true then could anybody tell me what foods exactly they are please so I could avoid before doing my test? Also, if there is something else that I need to avoid before I would have a pregnancy test then please let me know. Thank you all in advance and I will be waiting for your responses.

Bedeencion1980

No, there is nearly nothing that is going to interfere with the results of a pregnancy test. I am talking about foods. There are no foods able to cause a false result. however, there are some medications that are having the hormones in them and those meds are able to give a false result. but I assume that if you would be on any of them you would let us know so if you’re not taking any meds then the test accuracy would be near 100%.

Oh yeah, there’s something else, it is best advised to avoid drinking alcohol directly before you would take the test. That’s because it could dilute your urine and by doing this it could cause a false negative. But by interfering with it you need to drink pretty much alcohol and right before taking the test and I think that you need to be really stupid doing that – you don’t seem to be so.

So I wish you good luck and hope you’re going to have whatever result you want to get. By the way, what are you hoping for?? a negative or a positive result? best wishes.

girlygirl

No, I am not on any medications and no, I am not so stupid to take the test right after drinking alcohol. About the results we are hoping for… pretty hard to say… I can say that kind of both. I can say that regardless of the result, we would be happy. That’s because both of us really want a child a lot and we are planning to get married as soon as possible and no matter what, however, money is our biggest problem now. I am only 18 years old and my boyfriend is 20 so as you can understand… we are pretty financially unstable. So, having all of that said, we would like to have a child, however, we are being worried about the money. I am also a bit worried about our parent’s reaction but that’s not the biggest problem out there.

girlygirl

The first day of the last period that I have had was December the 9th… it is late, that is why I am thinking now about taking a home pregnancy test. But I want it to be accurate.

Bedeencion1980

Fine, so in case you are having a normal 28 day cycle then indeed you are already late. So, you can already take it. plus, it does not really matter what time of the day you are taking it, however, as much as I know, the biggest chances of having the most accurate result  (if you want to be on the safe side) it is when you are going to take it with your fmu (which is first morning urine). That’s when it is recommended because it is having the highest concentration of the hormones in your urine and that’s why it is best to take it then if you really want the most accurate result. but once again, as a general rule… it doesn’t really matter that much what time of the day you take it.

Also, are you on or using some kind of birth controls??

girlygirl

No, there has been no protection as I am not on any kinds of birth controls. And also, I am thinking that my average cycle is approximately 29 or 30 days or so. As much as I could notice. However, this does not really make any differences now, isn’t it?

Plus, my boyfriend really wants to be there with me when I am going to take it… I’m just saying that because it is going to be pretty hard to take it with the first urine in the morning…

Bedeencion1980

Well, I do understand that he wants to be there near you so there’s a solution for you: you can simply save your urine from the morning in something. However, due to the fact that you are already late for the period this is not exactly necessary to do. also, it might be a good idea to avoid drinking a lot of water in a couple of hours before you are taking that test because of the same idea: it can dilute your urine.

I wish you good luck and don’t forget to keep us updated with your results. when you are planning to take it? today? tell us what results you’ve got. Best regards!!