what is the point of life?!?

blackmood

i always had this question and i never found an answer and sincerely i don't really believe i will find it here but i guess i'm writing this just because of my boredom. i can't understand why i'm even writing this. i've read a lot of other stories, searching an answer to my question and finally i decided to give a try and to write something. i can't say for sure as i never been to a doctor for a diagnose but i think i have severe depression. i have this since i was a little kid and all my life i kept it as a secret dealing with this alone without any help. recently it become worse and i have tried my best not to kill myself which is really hard for me right now. i've had attempting in killing myself from early ages. i've had a lot of thoughts and occasions in killing myself and when i was in school i remember trying to hang myself, but as you can see without luck. i'm always thinking about death and that's for as long as i can remember. i don't know why i'm like this, why i'm so depressed and pessimistic but i have it all my life and i think that this isn't curable. i have given up on every hobby i had, i have given up on everything that was supposed to enjoy me friends, girlfriends, games and others. and the bad part is that i don't miss anything like that, i don't care about that. i don't ask anything, i guess i just wanted to share my thoughts. and please do not reply with some god quotes or bible sayings, i don't believe in god and in his creations. i believe that everything has a scientific explanation and after death we have nothing but darkness. i don't understand why should i live if i don't want to?

Highness

Hello, in my opinion you have an extremely big question about what is the point of life. I think that many people have this question for themselves, if not everyone and they just find an optimal answer for themselves and keep believing in it, following it. Everyone is different, that is why if we are 7 billion people on the Earth there are 7 billion opinions, that is why nobody on this forum and nor anywhere else can tell you what the point of life is. There are many people who think that are destined to help people even if only in some small ways. Others believe that they are meant to change the future and to make a life time impression on the world. Some think the point of life is to find a greater personal understanding of the universe and everything what is around us. That's how we have sports champions, scientists, psychologists and so on. I personally believe that our life given to us to be lived and you should relish every second you're given for the potential of happiness or beauty you can experience, for doing what you love and what is enjoying you and for doing that you have to do something. It is very hard for me to express myself in a way to make you understand, it doesn't matter what you or somebody else thinks about what is the point of life, there isn't a logical, scientific answer for this BUT I believe that life isn't given to you only to throw it away. Life continuously is giving opportunities for everyone regardless whether we notice and take them or not. You are given a life, a mind and a body to live it and to accomplish things. I think that you should think about it, you should think about what interests you in life and follow it because your question what is the point of life is only up to you.

FeelMeIn

That question you have is something that everyone has to answer, I suppose. Why do I have to live and what is the point of life? You should know that actually many people, many great people have tried to answer this question. Great philosophers have spent their entire life to find an answer to this question and there are a certain number of them who have actually written about what you are experiencing, you could say that you're living their story, like you're living their life, thoughts and feelings. You can search books about this from philosopher which have written about these topics. I read some of them and I'm very interested in your question as well, and reading these books I would say that there are very interesting insights about life in general. Many people have this question but few of them are interested in finding an answer, I guess that is because there is no absolute answer, no certain answer. You could read about "existentialism" if it interests you. You could start reading on the internet, wikipedia and other sites. If you find this interesting and maybe helpful you can search books. Every individual decide what he is going to do with his life and I think that nobody ever is going to stop you if you really want to end your life but we don't know what lies beyond and maybe life is worth living simply for this thrill riding this life itself. Wouldn't you have ANY regrets if you will end your life?

If my post bored you I'm sorry, my intention was to help.

hallov

I'm full of despair and painfully depressed. I know exactly what are you feeling and quite frequently I'm having the quite same questions so know that you are not the only one feeling this way. In fact I believe that there's a bunch of us but only few decide to change this. Of course we don't want to be this way but if we are here telling others about our problem then logically we seek for help even though you don't want to admit it. I myself don't want to admit it... I have to fight every day to survive even though I'm tired and I'm always asking myself why I am doing this? Won't it be easier to finish all this? I have no point in life too. Everything was fine, I wasn't like this, I had planned my whole life, I was feeling great and I never had suicidal thought... But it seems death is playing with me and with my loved ones. Two most important and loved ones died my best friend and my girlfriend in the same year. My mother died when I was two, my father got shot when I was 18 so, where is your god now? what I have done to have this life? I have been to numerous doctors, they gave me different pills which doesn't help, I have been to different meeting and counsils. I have tried to change many things in my life, I have tried a lot of things to change this, but there's nothing but black in front of me wherever I'm going. I doubt I will ever get some help, in fact I doubt that I will ever know what is to be old.......

katehappiness

Hey everyone, my name is Katie and I understand what are you are talking about. I can feel that I was born an adventurer, to explore and to see things, to create them. but I was born in a very poor family and now, as a mature, I am still poor trying to escape from this “money hell” and to pay all my bills to scape by. I know that all of us are slowly dying and that our society is thriving on misery and death, day by day. In the past I accepted things the way they were and even though I was very poor life seemed to be easier than now. now, I’ve been thinking about all this very much lately. About death, about life, society, money and so on. Lately, each time, each night when I’m going to bed I am thinking about strange things, such as death of myself, of my loved ones, of an entire society and so on. I’m questioning myself what is the point of life, why are we living, what is our (humans) real purpose on this planet? How my death is going to be? And so on. I’ve understood that we have a very strange way of thinking. I mean that we do not have any idea what is our true reason for existence, however we make rules, we create moral values for each one of us of what is considered to be wrong and what is right. We create guidelines for each person without knowing almost anything. Don’t you think this is wrong? Because of this I am feeling like I’m in my own prison, I’m feeling like my legs are cut off and my hands are strongly tied. I’m sure that a lot of us are feeling the same way. Even those who don’t have problems with money and pay bills. I’m sure that even those who seem to have a wonderful life have these thoughts. Somewhere, someday humans have gone wrong. I really love science and I would like to be educated but I can’t because of some mistakes I’ve made in the past. Now, I can barely afford myself to live so going to school is just a dream.

I would like to know more, to see more to find out what is happening after our death, where are we going? My personal opinion is that we’re going to an astral projection.  I also think that some of us are not meant to live, that is why I really don’t have any plans on living more than 50 years. It may seem strange to you but I think that as soon as my mind starts to degrade as well as my body does then that is my finish line. Lately much more strange things are happening to me… I’ve became a microphob as my doctor tells me. I’m looking for microbes each time when somebody is sneezing or something like that. I’m always aware of objects and people around me of not harming my body, and I mean simple things like dust and so on. I know this is an outcome of our “strange” thinking society. We all are going down… and it already started long time ago.