A person's spit (thru kissing) can trasmit HIV?

M Fix

Hello everyone, I'm having this question since I'm really and really worried now... I don't have any other idea what it can be from... I've done a HIV test about 4 months before meeting this girl and the results were negative. Then I've took another one about a month later after I've started dating her (I'm really concerned about my health even though you might think I'm paranoid)... I don't want to ask her this because I'm afraid she could get really upset on me (and I understand that). I'm really sorry I don't know that much about HIV but any other forms of transmition but sex drugs and mother to the child I don't know. Obviously I don't do drugs and I hadn't sex for quite long time. Please help me with the information you've got...

tameeka

From what I know chances of getting a HIV virus from a person spit are very and VERY low. I never heard a single case of anyone complaining about getting HIV virus via spit. HIV it's not that easy to get, at least not as easy as cold virus. Spit doesn't contain almost anything of this virus so you are very unlikely to get this virus when kissing or sharing one drink with the person who has it. HIV infection through oral activity has about 90% fewer chances than blood transfusion! This is because the HIV virus does not live outside the fluid for more than about a minute. Saliva, stomach juices are not good carriers. If you're that scared about this go get an appointment, I guess any doctor is going to be happy to answer you these questions. Get a test done. HIV cannot stay in the human body un-detected by recent medical testing methods. Chances of non-detection are almost near zero. So if you possibly have positive HIV then after 2 weeks of possible exposure you can be tested with very accurate methods. You should also know the HIV symptoms: sore throats, flu, fever, night sweats, lymph node swells, tiredness and others. If these are the symptoms you're having right know then you are very likely to have positive HIV but very unlikely that you've got if from a person's spit. I have tried to help with everything I know about it. Hope you'll be ok.

Webster

Thank you for posting this but anyway Im scared!!! Truly scared!! I am 25yrs old and I am a male. I know it might sound strange but im still a virgin so there’s no chance that I could feel like im feeling now due to hiv transmitted via unprotected sex or even protected sex or other sexually transmitted diseases. I want to say that I’m very worried, scared and concerned that im having hiv positive beucase im feeling sick! I have those typical symptoms for positive hiv, I mean that iam feeling tired lately and I can’t sleep at night normally. Everything started after an incident at my work. A co-worker who I heard that is having hiv positive came to me to talk about something and he was near me and I consider that he came too close to me I felt like something I suspected to be his spit touched my mouth while he was talking. I haven’t thought about it as something serious but I decided to give it a try and to search at least something. Now I have to wait three months until I can find out what is going on with me because for the earlier test I don’t have money. How I will concentrate on something in these three months when I know that there is a possibility that I have HIV positive? All this might be nothing for someone else, or it could sound funny for others but being in my situation there’s nothing funny. It’s hard for me to deal with this and I doubt that I’ll ever talk again with someone close to me while I will look at them