Am I pregnant? I used vaginal ring!

AAAbey

Here’s my situation, I have been on the vaginal birth control ring for many years and I have never had problems with it. It always worked extremely well for me and I never thought that one day I’ll have some problems with it, so well it worked. Everything started when I forgot to take off the ring. I know very well that every 20 days I have to take it off, more of that when I have to expect my periods. The thing is that I forgot about this and when I remembered that I have to take off the ring I remembered also that my period is late and that there is something that I have to do for this. I started to look for all the things that could happen to me and if it is really possible to be pregnant. Since that day I felt normal, but after 2 weeks of retention I started to notice that I have some strange symptoms similar to pregnancy symptoms. The first thing is that I started to wake up during the night, at 3 am 4 am and I have had that feeling of nausea. After some days I started to throw up 2 or 3 times during the night. During the day I didn’t experienced such things but the thing is that during the day I could have some other symptoms. For example I started to eat more and more. I started to hate the food that I usually liked and vice versa I started to love some kinds of foods that I was thinking that I would never eat. I decided to do a blood test and the urine test. Strange but my doctor couldn’t explain what was that, and the pregnancy wasn’t detected so he assumed that I’m not pregnant but he doesn’t know what is the cause of my symptoms.

He convinced me to try to do the tests again after one week. During this week me and my boyfriend have noticed other things. For example the first thing that happened to me was that I have had some brown spotting twice a day. At the beginning I thought that it was my period and I started to think that it wasn’t necessary but this brown spotting durability was just for 2 days while my periods usually tends to be 5 or 6 days. My boyfriend observed that my nipples changed he couldn’t explain how they changes but he told that he thinks that they become a little bigger and darker. I think that he’s right because I really feel some changes in my boobs, I feel some strange pain and trust me I have never had pain during my periods so I can say that I experience this thing for the first time in my life. One of my family friend told me that she got pregnant when she used the vaginal ring and she always have experienced the same thing. Now, I can say that after this story and after these thousand strange symptoms that I have had I can clearly say that I think I’m pregnant, there cannot be other explanation. I think that I soon I am going to do the tests again in order to be sure. Actually, even if I’m quite sure that I’m pregnant I would like to ask if there are some other women with the same thing or just to hear your opinion about this. Thanks a lot for reading my long story and thanks a lot for your help in advance. By the way, I’m very interesting if there’s somebody else who has gotten pregnant while on the ring.

Claidecon

Hello there, I would like to answer to your question but I can say just one thing “ I have the same” I experience some strange feelings and changes. Everything started after my wedding, my boyfriend (already my husband) and I decided to go on a honey moon for 3 weeks in Maldives and we didn’t planed to have a baby. I used the vaginal ring similar to your situation, during these 3 weeks I felt okay but when we arrived home everything started to change. Hmmmm, I’m still confused. I can’t say that I don’t want a baby but my husband and I we decided to wait a little bit and to regulate our life before having a baby so if I would be pregnant there wouldn’t be such a big problem, but it wasn’t planned. My symptoms started with the nausea and very strange headaches, of course I didn’t had my periods but I expected since the beginning that maybe it’s because I have changed the country and I have changed the way of living for 3 weeks, I have always had problems with my periods and every time I changed a country my body felt stressed and I received many problems, but the difference this time is that I have these symptoms that usually I never experienced before, my nipples are hurting so much that sometimes I need a pain killer in order to fall asleep. I feel my body now like it’s blocked and I don’t know if I have to panic or to go ahead in order to see what will happen. The test that I did was negative and now I’m more confused than before. I’m sorry I couldn’t help you, but I’m in the same situation and if I would find out something I am going to tell you, be sure about it.

Sarah Sharp

No doubt there are so many situation when pregnancy could be strange and not identified. From my experience I can totally say that you are 99% pregnant. I don’t know what is the link between the ring that we used and between the fact that it’s really hard to identify the pregnancy but I really observed that more women that used the ring have had some similar problems. I talked with my doctor immediately after I observed that there is something wrong, the first thing was my periods that were missing and the second thing were that I always felt bad and I didn’t wanted to do something for this, like I have had lack of power and for me is a very good indicator that there is something wrong because I’m usually very active. I have had so many blood and urine tests that I can’t even remember the number, and I still can’t understand how my doctor didn’t observed that I was pregnant, all the time he repeated over and over again that I’m not pregnant and that’s impossible to be. I couldn’t explain why I can have my periods and he told me that he is sure that the symptoms that I experienced were because of the weather. I found out that I’m pregnant officially from my doctor after I have had my belly grown. Very strange and I understand that this is hard to believe, my doctor apologized so many times for this mistake and he told me that still can’t explain why all the tests that we did couldn’t identify the pregnancy as he told, this was the first time that something similar happened to him. Now I’m on my 25 weeks pregnant and I’m expecting my girl very much. We already love her and I think that when she will grow up I would tell her this story strange story. I really consider that if you have these symptoms then it’s because of the pregnancy, anyway continue to investigate and I think that soon you will find out what’s going on. Have a nice day everyone.