Ambien is not working, alternatives please?

stepheny676

Um… I can tell you guys that ambien is not really working for me either (and is not working at all… which is why I don’t like it). but in fact, I can tell you that I have not found anything that it is really working for me and trust me… I did have tried a lot of sleep aid medications and methods… in fact, I have tried almost everything that it is known… I have learned about those methods in particular by reading these threads (as well as other threads on other sites) but I have not found anything that helped me. and I’ve tried to do everything as it has been written. With no luck, of course. I did have mentioned in another thread that the regular ambien is sometimes (only sometimes) helping me to fall asleep, however I am always waking up approximately 3 hours or so later after using it, exactly as a very big number of people who said this (like OP). I have found that I can combine Benadryl with this medication and it might prolong it a little bit as I am waking up approximately 4 hours after using them both and so I have an hour more (which, in my situation, is also quite good). I’ve got to say that the CR version is working better, however I am still very often waking up and I am having to take Benadryl with it. besides, I do agree with the fact that ambien and amnesia are closely related with each other. exactly as other people have said about it – I do not like this drug (in fact, I kinda hate it for this) due to the fact that it is making me do some really dumb sh*t and it is also not allowing me to remember them. the post about the car crash. I also think that ambien alone is responsible for that. for all of that. I haven’t had such a dangerous situation while on it (thanks god), however I did have accindetally sent some extremely embarrassing emails and did not even know that I have sent them only I have received some replies with ? or WTF? Besides that, I have also made some cookies (or whatever they were) in the middle of the night and I don’t freakin’ know if I was asleep then or not (like sleep walking), but I am just really glad (and I think that it is a blessing overall) that I have not burnt the house down completely then. I say that they were cookies or whatever else they have been because I used a cookie mix, however I then have added a lot of some of my own ingredients as much as it seemed because when I have tasted them later I have never tasted anything that bad. Those cookies were really awful! but anyway… exactly as somebody said that this feels like it was a dream… indeed that’s true because I kind of remember thinking that I have been going to make some cookies, but it definitely was nothing more than that. I’ve been thinking like I have done them, something like in a dream. But when I woke up I thought that I’ve never actually done it. oh yeah… and the eating… I have had so many of the ambien eating incidents (it surely does not help when you need to lose some baby weight) I am also going um… initiate some of the things with my dh that I would definitely would absolutely never ever do them in the time I would not be under the drug’s effects and the thing is that I am not even remembering it next day. all what has been said here about ambien are not myths or something, this is a really really dangerous drug that should be avoided if you want to be safe. Best regards!

Vendess47

Unfortunately… I am also with you guys on this… on the fact that ambien is not working for me either. all that it does for me is to make me feel a little bit relaxed for a bit but then later, after approximately an hour or so I find myself to be really hyper and running around doing all types of stuff that I wouldn’t do if I wouldn’t take it. however, regarding the amnesia part it seems that it is different for me because I have not had any amnesia from using it (but that’s unless I have ever forgotten it). zopiclone has been a little bit more effective for me, however I did have had the metallic taste and it has been pretty awful for me.

Nowadays my doctor is referring me to a psychologist who is prescribing me flunitrazepam (rohypnol) for “refractory insomnia”. It is helping me much more than the z hypnotics, however it is still no guarantee of sleep. Very often I have found out that in case my mind is not being sleepy then there’s nothing that is going to work for me, and it does not matter how much pain and or exhaustion I am having.. I need to be really sleepy and my mind onto the “sleep mode” for me to sleep and for any medication to work.