Antidepressants makes me tired, why?

welchs

Hi people. I need a bit of your help if this won’t take too much of your time. I have been thinking in the past that all those anti depressants are supposed to give you more energy when used, however, other than the anti depressant Wellbutrin, that I am not able to use because of the side effects I have from it, none of the other drugs are giving this energy boost. So, I would really like to know why these anti depressants are making you tired instead of giving your more energy?? Aren’t they, in fact, really supposed to give you this boost of energy?? Why it is not like that??

frompleat

I don’t know, I’m not an expert so I am not sure whether are they supposed to give you more energy or not. maybe they are, maybe not. what I do know is that in case these pills are making you sleepy and drowsy then I would recommend you to take them during the night time. I personally am not on any anti-depressants (but in the past I have been taking), however, my ex gf is. She is taking Zoloft 50 mg and for a couple of weeks she has been taking them as prescribed in the morning. But, she always complained that she’s been drowsy and that she is always falling asleep one hour after she took the medication. that is why she talked with her doctor (the one who prescribed here these) and said to take them at night (without any other explanations, at least to my knowledge). She started to use them during the night and she is now feeling better and it has worked much better in that way.

Thave

I’m also not an expert but as you, I have also heard that they are really supposed to give you an energy boost. However, I think that for some people it is only an adjustment period or something in this matter to the drug. I mean, both your body and your brain has to customize to the change that it has, to the serotonin levels and many others. But that’s just what I think. Maybe that’s because we people are different. I’m not sure. I have taken Prozac in the past, and initially it also acted like a sleeping medication or something doing the opposite for me, however, alter, after a couple of month, I guess, I started to be in a normal condition. Anyway, later, becase of the side effects, I switched to Paxil Cr, much better medication that saved my life. in case this one doesn’t work, then I recommend talking with your doc about Paxil CR. Besides, I recommend you to watch your dosage, take careful, these are not toys. And this applies to any other antidepressants. If you want to make at least ANY changes, talk to your doc. just a small note.

Anniand

Well, maybe these pills are getting your tired so you could sleep more and forget about the depression? haha. sorry, that’s a joke.

I have also taken wellbutrin due to the fact that I really like that boost that it gave me in the mornings. I have not had any side effects from it, however, I guess you know that drugs are affecting people in different ways that is why you have had them. I would recommend you to try to use St. John’s wort instead of that because it can be pretty helpful. I know that it is supposed to have less side effects and it is also able to give some boost.

About other drugs, why they are making you tired, I’m not sure.